• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

500 MS Points and Gamepictures for GTA4 X Box 360 Preorder

DarkJC said:
It's possible that either:

A) He only has a silver account, and doesn't feel like paying.
B) Possibly due to the aforementioned point, he has many more friends online on the PS3, and would like to play with them.

I don't think you really need any further motivation than not wanting to pay for multiplayer gaming. You don't have to see it as an "injustice" to have other things that one thinks are more worth spending $50 on.

BenjaminBirdie said:
It's only one of the most famous scenes in the movie! Tom "If You See A Ghost Then" Skerritt is looking for the Alien (maybe? I forget...) in the vents throughout the ship and the Alien is closing in on him and the rest of the crew is watching the radar in another part of the ship. His blip is stationary and the Aliens is like RACING towards him and they're all like "DUDE! WTF!" but Skerritt can't hear them of course. And then, oh this is the best part, EVEN THOUGH YOU KNOW THE ALIEN IS THERE, because the movie just spent two minutes telling you explicitly the whole time where the Alien was, when Skerritt turns around and shines his flashlight on it, YOU STILL JUMP even though nothing jumped out at you or surprised you.

IT'S JUST THAT SCARY.

Man, that movie was so much better than every other shitty movie it spawned.

I'm not really sure who represents what, but it seemed like a fitting touchstone.

:lol
Oh ok.

Yeah Alien is great. Aliens was far from shitty though.

I'll say the Alien is the Microsoft marketing machine, the doomed space trucker is Sony (due to there lack of effort to emphasize GTA IV for their platform) and NeoGAF forum posters are the ones hopelessly yelling.

OR

bishoptl is the alien, the doomed space trucker is an angry fanboy spouting annoying system wars garbage and rational NeoGAF forum posters are the ones hopelessly yelling and apparently can't be heard.

The DLC is something definitely worth discussing for a number of reasons. Unfortunately, rational discussion ends quickly when it's brought up.

Felix Lighter said:
The DLC is something definitely worth discussing for a number of reasons. Unfortunately, rational discussion ends quickly when it's brought up.

Yes.

I think it's pretty interesting to see an attempt to "own" a game of this magnitude on two competing platforms in the roughly the same global position. But it's difficult to have a reasonable conversation about it.

Top Bottom