• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

6 Minute Killzone Shadowfall Multiplayer (Team Deathmatch)

xptoxyz

Yeah. I don't know if it's usual, but they at least stole these ones from us:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKIoA2b14PU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtMuT_B6-8E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u16JDV9ZCWg
Removed our intro, then cropped so the bottom of the screen doesn't show our watermark at he beginning/end of the video.

And no doubt we are a major trailer source for them, but this part I don't mind, I know many many sites are using the trailers we are hosting since they are directly from the publisher with no watermarking and reencoding.

Did you report them to Youtube? I actually don't know how it claims are treated in these cases, there's no commentary or anything on top of the video, and the video itself is showing copyrighted content by another company, but you guys created the offscreen film. They should be shut down, they're not uploading press kit videos, they're uploading other people's coverage.

untitled-1kxu07.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You sound like you genuinely don't like shooters, because if you think this is snoozeville, then I don't know what to tell you.
Nah, competitive FPSs are my bread and butter. Especially Halo, but more recently Battlefield. I've dabbled with COD, but more often have just watched my friends play it, hah. I get the appeal of all those games, but with KZ, I'm just mystified. The only thing it seems to have going for it are the graphics and that addicting chirp, hah. But the series has fans, and I'm wondering what those fans like about the game. I don't want to be stuck just playing BF4 at launch!

Edit : And I hope this doesn't sound like stealth trolling. I'm being genuine here.

Fuck that. I hate this practice enough when people turn on ads for official material, but now hearing that these twits actually do it with videos from other sites... that's bullshit on a whole new level. The fact that they are also considered by Google to be important enolugh partners to turn on unskippable ads just grinds my gears.
Agreed. It's a pretty shitty practice.

Dibbz

Doesn't anyone realize that the score never changes from 0-0? It's likely a game against bots set on easy. No wonder the player barely dies and just goes on running around shooting from the hip.

Guns, map and visuals look top notch though!

It's TDM, not warzone. Also it's not bots.

The amount of stuff happening on screen is insane. Leaves are falling, debris is flying, rain is falling, smoke is coming out of weapons, stuff is flapping in the wind....sooooo good. It takes what may otherwise look like a sterile map and makes it look amazing and dynamic. Like if you played the map 20 times you wouldn't see things the same way every time, or you would notice something new each time.

VanWinkle

I wish this had free-for-all. Playing free-for-all on Killzone Mercenary closed beta was so fun to me. Maybe they'll add it at some point.

gogogow

Game looks nice, but not sure about the framerate, looks like it's all over the place. Might be the youtube encoding.

The explosions looks great, wish the smoke would stay longer, that's what I hated about teh PS2 and PS3 era, particle effects that dissapear in a split second. Was hoping it would change with the PS4/Xbone.

X-Frame

Just to add to the "where is the recoil?" sentiment, one thing I really enjoyed and appreciated with KZ2 was the intense gun battles between you and another player to see who is best at managing recoil, not necessary just who sees who first and holds down the trigger.

So many times I would be getting shot first, turned to face my attacker and managed to still outgun them through burst-firing. I loved that, and I know that can be said for a lot of shooters, but I really felt like kills were more difficult to attain in KZ2 and therefore more satisfying. I really hope it is easy for GG to apply recoil more so than what I see here.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
So that footage IS from a SCEA press site. But it says this:

Footage provided by Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC is for your unrestricted broadcast use. Broll is for editorial use only and should not be posted as raw gameplay footage. Please incorporate broll in an editorial package with team interviews, media commentary, additional assets, etc. DO NOT feature broll as stand-alone footage.

Game looks nice, but not sure about the framerate, looks like it's all over the place. Might be the youtube encoding.

The explosions looks great, wish the smoke would stay longer, that's what I hated about teh PS2 and PS3 era, particle effects that dissapear in a split second. Was hoping it would change with the PS4/Xbone.

Particles disappear quickly even in BF3 or Crysis 3 on Ultra, having them stick around in multiplayer is a waste of resources

Kaako

Felium Defensor

I believe I read that the framerate was unlocked in this MP build if I remember correctly. That could be another reason why the fps seems to be "all over the place."

Edit: Thanks Shikoro! The B-Roll footage from their press site looks muuuuch cleaner than the youtube one. Pretty nice.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Nah, competitive FPSs are my bread and butter. Especially Halo, but more recently Battlefield. I've dabbled with COD, but more often have just watched my friends play it, hah. I get the appeal of all those games, but with KZ, I'm just mystified. The only thing it seems to have going for it are the graphics and that addicting chirp, hah. But the series has fans, and I'm wondering what those fans like about the game. I don't want to be stuck just playing BF4 at launch!

Edit : And I hope this doesn't sound like stealth trolling. I'm being genuine here.

I just told you why I feel this series is great.
But your thinking of "all it has going for it are graphics" is well, really misguided.

I'm quite simply baffled how you can be fucking enthralled with something like Halo and not even be able to recognise any worthwhile features of KZ:SF though. It's you who is the anomaly here.

TRios Zen

Doesn't anyone realize that the score never changes from 0-0? It's likely a game against bots set on easy. No wonder the player barely dies and just goes on running around shooting from the hip.

Guns, map and visuals look top notch though!

You know this makes sense because I was thinking, either he's got God Mode activated or the other players really suck at this game.

Visuals look top notch, though that is hardly surprising coming from GG. I'm not sure what everybody else saw here (outside of visuals) that is wow-worthy though. Gameplay looks very much like a typical FPS. There is nothing wrong with that, and I'm not downing it, but gameplay wise there wasn't anything that screams "incredible" to me.

I'm downloading a 943MB video off the press center site right now, but I don't know if it's this or something else. In any case, you people should be visiting the site every once in a while because they put awesome stuff there.

http://presscenter.playstation.com
User name: SCEA
Password: SC3APR

A shame that it's encoded at 30fps. But I guess it sorta makes sense considering that they only intended for the footage to be used in snippets for previews.

njean777

what s the downside of using a shield?? U can deploy on and shoot through it?? smh

May have a long cooldown for all we know, and if you only get one that lasts for 5 seconds, then it could end up being useless. You can always go around it anyways, never get the complaining from this. Any decent FPS player will just wait out the shield, or go around it instead of shooting at it.

Portugeezer

Nah, those are definitely legit drops. Has about 3 or 4 moments in the video where the framerate drops drastically to around 20fps, maybe less. Hopefully they can sort that out to maintain a smooth 60fps.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just told you why I feel this series is great.
But your thinking of "all it has going for it are graphics" is well, really misguided.

I'm quite simply baffled how you can be fucking enthralled with something like Halo and not even be able to recognise any worthwhile features of KZ:SF though. It's you who are the anomaly here.
Uhh, you didn't explain much of anything:

It's the gameplay that's actually really good, and it feels very rewarding.
Besides that, the overall visual style, the sound design and the stunning graphics make this a no-brainer for a launch day shooter.
Also, Warzone is the best MP mode there is.
You basically just said that the gameplay is fun and that it looks / sounds nice. That's pretty vague. I could gush for hours about what makes a good / bad Halo game, and I guess I was hoping for someone to do the same for here with KZ. And I'm really not trying to make this a KZ vs. Halo vs. Any Other FPS argument. I'm just wondering what KZ fans enjoy about the series, cause I'd like to get a better feel for whether I might like Shadow Fall or not.

for ShadowMarshal-GAF
ibpnsvlEYNSyRr.gif
That is awesome.

I love the way opponents slowly kneel down flapping their arms in their air as you're pumping hundreds of bullets into them. It's like you're tickling them to death.

LtOrange

With customizable warzones will health be able to be increased and decreased? People were dying so quickly in the video and it would be nice to adjust that.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
It. So. Fucking. Beautiful.

If this is able to run at 60fps on PS4 at launch then this a more more powerful beast than I had first assumed.

Liamario

Banned
Very hard to judge how a game plays from what is effectively a montage. So, comparisons with COD are premature.

SiRatul

I'm downloading a 943MB video off the press center site right now, but I don't know if it's this or something else. In any case, you people should be visiting the site every once in a while because they put awesome stuff there.

http://presscenter.playstation.com
User name: SCEA
Password: SC3APR

Thanks dude! The quality on this is miles better than that from youtube. So smooth and crisp. Looks unbelievably good.

Erdem

Banned
I miss the old weapon designs. These just look like slightly modified versions of modern assault rifles/pistols.

Hoo-doo

Banned
You basically just said that the gameplay is fun and that it looks / sounds nice. .

Ding ding ding!
Guess what? Fun games are fun and worth purchasing. Do you like fun?

Don't give me this act like you're interested in a 12 paragraph bulleted breakdown on what makes this series great.
You can extrapolate what makes it great just from reading this thread.

But yeah, maybe you should make another thread if you're really looking to be convinced on the merits of a game/franchise (however weird that is).

I'd recommend you just play KZ2 and KZ3. Not your cup of coffee? That's fine! Plenty of shooters to go around.

Not gonna lie, visually that's extremely impressive. That looks better than some high end PC games I"ve played

The audio on guns though is lacking to me, the explosions sound cool but guns and general ambient sounds are weak.

Gameplay wise it's hard to tell anything from a bunch of random clips. I was never a huge fan of how KZ controls and the MP never sucked me in like a game like BF did. But this looks like a solid experience so far.

I fricken love the new art style. I love glowy neon light sources

Uhh, you didn't explain much of anything:

You basically just said that the gameplay is fun and that it looks / sounds nice. That's pretty vague. I could gush for hours about what makes a good / bad Halo game, and I guess I was hoping for someone to do the same for here with KZ. And I'm really not trying to make this a KZ vs. Halo vs. Any Other FPS argument. I'm just wondering what KZ fans enjoy about the series, cause I'd like to get a better feel for whether I might like Shadow Fall or not.

That is awesome.

Killzone's main multiplayer mode, Warzone, is a team based objective mode with dynamic rounds of changing objectives.

The objectives are your typical multiplayer modes Capture and Hold, Search and Destroy, Search and, Retrieve and Bodycount but they are changing seemlessly in the same match and whichever team first wins 4 rounds (if it's best of 7) wins the match. Apparently Shadow Fall will have some new objective types added to the mix.

Top Bottom