• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

6 Minute Killzone Shadowfall Multiplayer (Team Deathmatch)

JawzPause

ibtKrqewxWFlol.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Ding ding ding!
Guess what? Fun games are fun and worth purchasing. Do you like fun?

Don't give me this act like you're interested in a 12 paragraph bulleted breakdown on what makes this series great.
You can extrapolate what makes it great just from reading this thread.

But yeah, maybe you should make another thread if you're really looking to be convinced on the merits of a game/franchise (however weird that is).

I'd recommend you just play KZ2 and KZ3. Not your cup of coffee? That's fine! Plenty of shooters to go around.
You are so absurdly defensive, lol. Welcome to my ignore list.

Killzone's main multiplayer mode, Warzone, is a team based objective mode with dynamic rounds of changing objectives.
The objectives are your typical Capture and Hold, Search and Destroy, Search and, Retrieve and Bodycount and whichever team first wins 4 rounds (if it's best of 7) wins the match. Apparently Shadow Fall will have some new objective types added to the mix.
Cool, I love me some objective based FPS MP. I guess I'll just keep my eyes out for new footage and maybe rent before buying. It looks gorgeous, and I hope I like it.

vio

Game looks much better in motion but don`t know about gameplay yet. Probably more fun to play it than watch it on shitty youtube video.
Just to add, people that kept asking for colors in Killzone are worst!

I rather give them my $ instead of BF4 or COD... The game looks amazing and at 60 FPS?!?!?!?!?!?

EA and Activision should be ashamed of themselves.

The amount of detail is stunning and it doesn't really look sluggish when aiming. I prefer the sunny map myself but both look amazing. I'm really glad I paid off my preorder.

Thanks dude! The quality on this is miles better than that from youtube. So smooth and crisp. Looks unbelievably good.
You're right. I just downloaded the official source video too and the IQ is so much cleaner than the compressed to hell youtube upload. It looks insanely good.

Hoo-doo

Banned
You are so absurdly defensive, lol. Welcome to my ignore list.

I apologize for coming across as a douche.
I just never liked practice of entering a thread where people are genuinely hyped and going: "Hey guys, I don't like this at all and never did. Graphics are all it has. Snoozefest. Now sell me on this".

I'm sure you didn't mean it like this, but I was too quick on the trigger.

Mifune

Mehmber
Cool, I love me some objective based FPS MP. I guess I'll just keep my eyes out for new footage and maybe rent before buying. It looks gorgeous, and I hope I like it.

I also find it interesting that Shadowfall is ditching experience points and using objectives to advance your character.

Guerrilla has crafted a series of modes that don’t rely on experience points, replacing such a straight-forward approach with an extensive series of skill-based challenges. Killzone: Shadow Fall will launch with a staggering 1,500 of these challenges, which range from achieving kill streaks to using certain weapons effectively. Completing challenges, in turn, increases your online ranking.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/22/gamescom-hands-on-with-killzone-shadow-falls-multiplayer

KAL2006

Banned
I'm impressed, targeted for 60FPS and free DLC map packs in the future makes this the go to competitive multiplayer shooter for next gen launch window. I wasn't impressed by COD Ghosts, Battlefied 4 was originally going to be the go to FPS game for launch but after hearing Killzone offers 60FPS and free DLC and Battlefield 4 not looking as good as originally thought it would, Killzone Shadowfall is the definite choice.

Horp

Looks good from a technical standpoint, but it's too cramped and messy for me. A bit too much fullscreen effects for MP imo.

Also, it hits 15 fps at certain points. For example here (at 3:00):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xdpSw8aaEE&feature=youtu.be&t=3m01s
When he runs up the stairs.

I mean it looks really good so I'm not surprised it struggles a bit, but I hope they will tone down some visuals if they can't optimize it enough to never hit 15.

patchday

Hm, that video looks so good. Starting to think this is the only game I'll need on my PS4 for quite awhile. Still plan to get BF4 on the side. But honestly I think kz4 is all Ima need

lmpaler

Being a big fan of this franchise I must say I was honestly underwhelmed by this video. Just seemed to be another run of the mill game. Granted it was TDM so I won't slam it, just saying, I want to see the true KZ MP

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
Well those gun sounds were terrible. Think I'm going to pass on this game now, I'll get it later on. just looks too mediocre, and sounds awful to me.

Marvel

could never
Think I'm gonna sell some more games and stuff so I can afford Killzone SF at launch. I didn't think it's MP would look that good.

Well done GG.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
OP, you should swap the link to the youtube with the direct download, I was sort of impressed by the youtube video... the direct download is amazing

Nags

Banned
Looking fucking sharp.

I actually feel bad for future next gen first person shooters on console because this is a very high bar to set very early.

Violater

PS4 preorder redeemed.

I think there should be a trade off to the shields, like a ripple when the bullet from your opponent hits it that makes it harder for you to see.

gogogow

Particles disappear quickly even in BF3 or Crysis 3 on Ultra, having them stick around in multiplayer is a waste of resources
I don't care that they dissapear quickly in other games, what does that have to do with KZSF?

Not only in multiplayer, but in games in general, FPS, TPH, racing games and so on.
It's not a waste of resources at all, it could affect gameplay, tactically etc.

Curufinwe

The great news about true exclusives like this is that you know there isn't a PC version being disguised as the console version. There is no reason to believe this is not what we're going to see on retail PS4s.

That's a good point.

I never played a KZ game before, but this has me intrigued. I liked the KZ3 demo but the buttload of DLC and MP trophies put me off buying it.

Top Bottom