• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

60gb PS3 available at Amazon Now

Tieno

Y2Kevbug11 said:
3,500% Sales Rank in Computer & Video Games: 2 (was 72)

3,500% increase of 0 is still 0. Doomed.
:lol :lol

jimbo said:
Uhm....WTF at Halo 2 at #10? Halo 3 is going to be megatonic.

And Crackdown at #3?
It's biggest increase, not top sellers.

Diablos

4fuf8uf.gif

That's pretty high for an old PSX game o_O

jimbo

Banned
beermonkey@tehbias said:
Wow, they are still available and ditto at BestBuy.com.

And that started yesterday. Demand is simply more in line with my own expectations rather than GAF's. Price will do that to sales. It affected the 360, which was only $100 above norm. A $200 difference, with strong competition out, will affect the PS3 this year even more, brand recognition be damned. I just didn't expect it to happen so soon, considering HOW BAD of a shortage the PS3 had at launch. Honestly I figured the first 2-3 million in NA should have flown off the shelves, similar to the Wii.

Either way Jan NPD will be interesting. And Feb NPD even more so, since it should be the first month when we should get a good idea how these consoles sell without launch, holiday, or supply interference. By the end of January I expect the Wii supply to even out as well.

PS: I hope GAF has quotes and posts saved from all those "price doesn't matter" advocates from earlier this summer. It's going to be some crow-eating session.

jimbo said:
And that started yesterday. Demand is simply more in line with my own expectations rather than GAF's. Price will do that to sales. It affected the 360, which was only $100 above norm. A $200 difference, with strong competition out, will affect the PS3 this year even more, brand recognition be damned. I just didn't expect it to happen so soon, considering HOW BAD of a shortage the PS3 had at launch. Honestly I figured the first 2-3 million in NA should have flown off the shelves, similar to the Wii.

Either way Jan NPD will be interesting. And Feb NPD even more so, since it should be the first month when we should get a good idea how these consoles sell without launch, holiday, or supply interference. By the end of January I expect the Wii supply to even out as well.

PS: I hope GAF has quotes and posts saved from all those "price doesn't matter" advocates from earlier this summer. It's going to be some crow-eating session.

Conventional wisdom for the last 12 months was "360 isn't selling well because everybody is watiing for PS3". Now Wedbush says that both of these systems are expensive and may not sell well this summer, and I don't hear a lot of disagreement. I think GAF expectations have been realigned in just the last couple of weeks.

the ps3 is no longer available on amazon, when you add it to your cart and you try to check out it tell you it is no longer there from seller.

TGateKeeper said:
the ps3 is no longer available on amazon, when you add it to your cart and you try to check out it tell you it is no longer there from seller.

Yeah, only 20GB model is in stock.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
AS OF 5:45 PM 1/04/07

2. Sony PS3 60GB
5. Sony PS2 slim
7. DS Lite Black
10. MS 360 Premium
12. DS Lite White
15. DS Lite Pink
17. Sony PS3 20GB
20. DS Lite Blue
38. PSP Core
48. PS2 Silver Slim
56. PSP Entertainment Pack
57. GBA Blue
68. 360 Core
74. Wii

Link

Haunted

So, now that the PS3 is pretty much available in the US, Sony should just stop making emergency deliveries to NA and instead focus on bringing the ****ing thing to Europe! 1 million at launch.
BELIEVE
:D

mckmas8808

Haunted_One said:
So, now that the PS3 is pretty much available in the US, Sony should just stop making emergency deliveries to NA and instead focus on bringing the ****ing thing to Europe! 1 million at launch.
BELIEVE
:D

1 million at launch in EU is 100% completely needed!!!

RaijinFY

mckmas8808 said:
1 million at launch in EU is 100% completely needed!!!

I think 500k for Europe is more than enough imo. I dont even remember if PSP had that much and yet it broke some records over there.

AniHawk

mckmas8808 said:
AS OF 5:45 PM 1/04/07

2. Sony PS3 60GB
5. Sony PS2 slim
7. DS Lite Black
10. MS 360 Premium
12. DS Lite White
15. DS Lite Pink
17. Sony PS3 20GB
20. DS Lite Blue
38. PSP Core
48. PS2 Silver Slim
56. PSP Entertainment Pack
57. GBA Blue
68. 360 Core
74. Wii

Link

Link316 is one of those dudes from GameFAQs like Monorojo or typhonsentra. Don't encourage him.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Does NPD estimate Amazon sales like they do with Wal-mart? Or are Amazon sales actually included in NPD data?

Mrbob

Oh shitz the PS3 is currently both 1 and 2.

Looks like people know it is instock.

Oh and Crackdown at number 5! Mwa hahahahahha!

mckmas8808

AS OF 6:22 PM 1/04/07

2. Sony PS3 60GB
5. Sony PS2 slim
6. DS Lite Black
10. MS 360 Premium
13. DS Lite White
14. Sony PS3 20GB
15. DS Lite Pink
23. DS Lite Blue
35. PSP Core
49. PS2 Silver Slim
52. PSP Entertainment Pack
62. GBA Blue
72. 360 Core
77. Wii

Link

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Why do you need to buy it off the internet when you could just wake up an hour ahead of time and head over to Best Buy to pick one up early morning?

I don't understand the need to buy things online when you could just use a little bit more energy and just run to the store one shipment day to grab one.

ypo

Looks like Amazon decided to cut their losses early and sent those suckers back to Sony. I got pictures of those Sony trucks on my cell phone if anyone wants proof.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Are you guys mad?

Blue DS Phat was #1 not too long ago.

If they didn't have it in stock and send out emails once they did, of course it's gonna shoot up.

Link316

Banned
dirtmonkey37 said:
Why do you need to buy it off the internet when you could just wake up an hour ahead of time and head over to Best Buy to pick one up early morning?

I don't understand the need to buy things online when you could just use a little bit more energy and just run to the store one shipment day to grab one.

no tax and its worth it not to get hassled by their sales people

"do you need an extra controller?"
"do you want an extended warranty?"
"do you want a magazine subscription?"
blah, blah, blah...

Oh yeah, the no tax thing. I'll save $30 needlessly spent on the PS3 tax alone and that's just with a 5% sales tax, others places higher than 5% I would imagine would be much more grateful for no sales tax online shopping.

Vandiger

dirtmonkey37 said:

How about the fact that you can make large purchases and avoid sales tax :p

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Vandiger said:
How about the fact that you can make large purchases and avoid sales tax :p

I had no idea amazon didn't charge tax. Woah. Excuse me right there.

I rarely purchase items off of the internet, so please accept my apologies. I've only purchased and tried to purchase three things:

1. MGS3 Soundtrack (the guy ended up "running out of them")
2. Grim Fandango New (ebay)
3. Ico new (ebay)

Other than that, I haven't bought anything from an internet website.

But if they don't charge tax, it makes perfect sense as to why one would prefer to purchase something from amazon instead of driving out to the store to buy it themselves. 8.25% California Sales tax, for example, is not something I want to have to deal with when buying a PS3......600 plus.....Oh my God.......Nightmares are already taking place.

PS2 KID

I bought all the 60GB ones to use for my giant PS3 domino set. I just can't wait to hear the sound of few thousand PS3's falling in a row. It'll be so uber hypnotic.

JCBossman

Banned
The Funny thing is before this madness started, if you had $2,000 to "Invest" you could have bought 3 PS3(60gb's) and did alright reselling, or you could have taken that 2,000 bought 8 Wii's, made more money and have an easier(at launch) time aquiring them...Who'd a thunk it?:lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
To try and get this back on topic, how about those who buy one from Amazon (or Best Buy) post what you got and share with us the euphoria one gets from buying a new system?

rage1973

Denog I was able to purchase the 20 Gig model you were looking for. I already have a network bridge so I am all set for some Resistance once Amazon sends my PS3.

Top Bottom