• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

7 minutes of NEW Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time Gameplay Footage

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
jaydogg691 said:
Please tell me that Lock-Stafe controls are in this game.

They are. We actually have a new Hybrid mode that combines Lock-Strafe and the Classic controls. But you can change to the classic or lock-strafe if you so desire.

noah111

Still Alive
jaydogg691 said:
I couldn't find it in the E3 demo and now every video I see isn't using the that control scheme. I've tried playing with the 3rd person controls in past Ratchet games and I can't seem to get use to them.
First of all, it's not like they're going to include all the options in a demo build, especially a very early build at that.

Secondly, the default control scheme has never been lock-strafe so you not seeing it in the gameplay videos is unsurprising.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
jstevenson said:
All of the footage is from the early levels.

Trust me when I say that the moons in the later space sectors are anything but easy (same goes for the Clank time puzzles).... and Hard should give you more of a challenge... the replay boss will DEFINITELY give you a huge challenge.
Will you be able to choose hard from the beginning?

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
jstevenson said:
They are. We actually have a new Hybrid mode that combines Lock-Strafe and the Classic controls. But you can change to the classic or lock-strafe if you so desire.

Is the Arena mode back in?

DigiMish

I just want to say again how much I'm loving the humor and jokes in ACiT. ToD and QfB were simply 'alright' in that department, whereas as ACiT surpasses it already just from the trailers/vids. You guys must have gotten some new people at Insomniac :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
jstevenson said:
Of course.
That is awesome, and I guess that's the recommended choice if I found ToD easy on hard? I haven't played any other Ratchet game.

VegaShinra

Seiken said:
That is awesome, and I guess that's the recommended choice if I found ToD easy on hard? I haven't played any other Ratchet game.
Hard is for true Ratchet fans. Normal will be harder than TOD.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Seiken said:

There wasn't hard in TOD... but if you mean you found challenge mode easy, than yeah, I'd play on hard.

Normal will be somewhat harder than TOD.

Tough to say exactly how, that's literally stuff we're still working on right now.

Yoshichan

jstevenson said:
There wasn't hard in TOD... but if you mean you found challenge mode easy, than yeah, I'd play on hard.

Tough to say exactly how, that's literally stuff we're still working on right now.
Yeah I meant challenge mode :) Been a long time <3 Sounds great anyway!

careful

@jstevenson: Are there any plans to have a sale on Quest for Booty before Crack drops?

(tell Sony to take a hint from Steam)

Kruhex

Played both currently released RC titles on PS3 and love them. I actually never cared about the series at all since I'm not down with action platformers. In fact, playing Jak and Daxter really turned me off from these types of platformers period but I loved what I played on PS3. The humour isn't sugary sweet, the shooting mechanics are solid as hell and the visuals are godly. Can't wait for this but in the mean time, I guess I'll go back to the PS2 ones.

jaydogg691

jstevenson said:
This all I need to know. I'm buying the game.

jstevenson said:

hey as long as it's got the post-ps2 camera feel then i don't mind the game being harder. 100% of my deaths in the ps2 games were directly caused by the camera. i couldn't be happier with the ToD/QfB camera. :D

when i get this im totally playing it on my roomies' 42" 1080p 120hz to FINALLY get them on the Ratchet train.

noah111

Still Alive
careful said:
@jstevenson: Are there any plans to have a sale on Quest for Booty before Crack drops?
I believe he said a while back to look out for future deals on Q4B/special offers on ways to buy it.. or something.

I suppose we'll see in due time, it's definitely worth around 10 bucks, so the 5 extra wouldn't kill anyone.

Finished watching it. I'm quite impressed. The graphics are awesome, and the weapons are awesome as well. Loved that tropical looking place with the mothership in the sky shooting beams. The part where time has frozen was pretty neato. The space exploration, my goodness, it looks so good. The dialogue during the space exploration was really funny too. I love a game that can make me laugh. I know that I'm definitely going to have fun with this game. :D

Yoshichan

Sentry said:
I believe he said a while back to look out for future deals on Q4B/special offers on ways to buy it.. or something.
And speaking of Q4B, I remember having a good time looking for the disc version on release... It was a rainy day, I had gone through four different stores in my town with no luck. I was all wet when I decided I had to go to another damn town (from Örebro to Nora) just to find a copy. Damn.

So worth it.

EDIT: Oh and I came from work, where I was telling my boss how hyped I was about Q4B :lol He didn't let me leave one hour early as I wanted though :(

noah111

Still Alive
evolution said:
Any way we can get some 60fps videos?
Raw file is up download in the OP, but I believe it's a simple 30fps vid, though I think a few past gameplay videos have been at 60fps.

Hydrargyrus

Oh God... it's fantastic.

I want to know if there will be several european versions, separated by the language, or there will be only one, with all the languages?

KillerAJD

Looks pretty awesome. First Ratchet game I really get into? We'll see. HOWEVER, what's going on with Ratchet's shadows? They disappear whenever Ratchet is on the ground, but show up when he jumps...? Fix that shit :p :D

Yoshichan

KillerAJD said:
Looks pretty awesome. First Ratchet game I really get into? We'll see. HOWEVER, what's going on with Ratchet's shadows? They disappear whenever Ratchet is on the ground, but show up when he jumps...? Fix that shit :p :D
I think it's been confirmed that it's an old build.

KillerAJD

Seiken said:
I think it's been confirmed that it's an old build.
Ah, okay. Otherwise, it looks really, really good. And I guess I lied before, I actually finished Size Matters, but home console wise, they just never clicked.

mr_nothin

Banned
dralla said:
play on lock-strafe mode
jaydogg691 said:
Please tell me that Lock-Stafe controls are in this game.
Sentry said:
They have been in almost every past R&C game, why wouldn't they be now?
Wait...I need some refreshing.

TOD didnt have that on by default did it? Also, I forgot what that changes...can somebody explain. I havent fulled played a R&C game since the ps2 days. I played TOD for a little bit and couldnt get over the auto-aim crap.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Not watching the vid but the screen are sensational. As alway, Insomniac have outdone themselves.

Contender for my personal GOTY along with Uncharted 2

El-Suave

About ToD savegame intergration - do you need a completed game save to unlock stuff in ACiT or will any save do?

I only have a complete save from my US version of ToD and am worried that it might not be compatible with the Euro version of ACiT. If it doesen't need a complete save I could just borrow the game and make a savegame if they're incompatible.

Shearie

jstevenson said:

That's good to hear but can you explain how the Hybrid controls work? The only R&C game I've ever played was Q4B and there were definitely times when I wished there was a quick toggle between the two control schemes so hopefully Hybrid will be the only one I'll need to use for CIT.

wouwie

There seems to be a fair amount of compression in the video. Visuals are slightly underwhelming compared to the quality of screenshots and trailers released earlier.

In general, in TOD and Quest for Booty, visually, the (day-time) outside environments were a lot more impressive than the inside environments. This seems to be the case here too.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
El-Suave said:
About ToD savegame intergration - do you need a completed game save to unlock stuff in ACiT or will any save do?

I only have a complete save from my US version of ToD and am worried that it might not be compatible with the Euro version of ACiT. If it doesen't need a complete save I could just borrow the game and make a savegame if they're incompatible.

Wait. I was not aware of this. How does it work? My YLOD'ed system took my ToD save file with him so I'm out of luck. I guess using one downloaded from the net wont work?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Quest for booty shit me to tears, I'm not 100% sure why but i couldn't stand it. I only just got around to finishing it last week, seems like i was only 20 mins away from the end too :lol .

Having said that there is something special going on in this new 7 minute video. It has an epic send off feel to it. While this probably won't be the last ratchet game we will ever see, the amount of small touches, polish and sheer number of shit going on makes it feel like if it was to be the last ratchet game ever, it would be a brilliant way to end the franchise.

After watching the new footage i'm now 100% pumped and excited for it. All of the small touches get me excited, the space section seemed awesome, not shit, the small round planets, while galaxy inspired im sure, seemed to be varied enough to keep me interested in looking out for them. The bolts seemed to be slightly changed? Maybe that is just me going nuts.

What i really loved was the small icons above things you could use. Square for the large turning devices and so on. Are these enabled by default in easy and removed via hard more? Or can we keep them on in hard mode? I have a shit memory which is why i loved seeing them :lol .

Ratchet was always a day 1 game for me, it was the first game i purchased when i picked up a PS3. But damn, this certainly feels like something special.

sun-drop

lowrider007 said:
Day one, looks beautiful, the bit in space where Ratchet lands on the that small planet made me think of Mario Galaxy, not that that's a bad thing though, I'm liking what looks like extra focus on plat forming.

nintendo 'borrowed' that idea from R&C anyways

Top Bottom