• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8-Bit Mario Playable in Mario Party 8

With all do respect, Mario Party mini games have always been a cut above the rest of the mini game crap out there. If they add in some spiffy graphics and new wii controlled mini-games, count me in.

Kawaii said:
I think there's an item that makes a 8-bit version of the character you use, or something like that.

Glad to see the first mario party that actually looks like a gamecube game.

The Mario Party have been underappreciated visually for a long, long time. Great character models, animation, level variety, etc.

marioparty5_110403_03.jpg

mario-party-7-20051104033451475.jpg

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
I played a 50 turn game with some friends, took like 5-6 hours to complete.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
This game better be good to justify why it launches before other more beloved franchises (ie: Mario Kart)

temp

posting on contract only
BlindN-Fan said:
I wonder if 8 will be as good as 1. MP games have really been going downhill...check out the avg scores.
76.6%
75.8%
73.1%
74.5%
71.1%
73.3%
65.0%

Pretty steady, really.

Lobster

Banned
A Link to the Snitch said:
Fixed.

2 is the leader in the series right now.

I never got to play 2..but 1 was great. Better then what reviewers scored it.

temp said:
76.6%
75.8%
73.1%
74.5%
71.1%
73.3%
65.0%

Pretty steady, really.

Thats pretty downhill...

BlindN-Fan said:
I never got to play 2..but 1 was great. Better then what reviewers scored it.

1 was great, but 2 was a lot better, I'm thinking they put extra effort into that.

I think that for, at least in the case of Mario Parties 2, 4, and 5, it dropped in score based on how redundant the franchise is. But 2/1/4/5 are probably the best in the series (in that order).

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
A Link to the Snitch said:
Fixed.
2 is the leader in the series right now.

I agree, although 5 was decent, if I remember correctly.

2 seemed to have more skill-based games, coin distribution based on success levels, and a greater variety of monetary rewards -- and costumes.

I'm a bit surprised the recent games seem stuck in the 20/10 coin loop and relatively few ways to steal coins from others.

Haunted

DavidDayton said:
I agree, although 5 was decent, if I remember correctly.

2 seemed to have more skill-based games, coin distribution based on success levels, and a greater variety of monetary rewards -- and costumes.

I'm a bit surprised the recent games seem stuck in the 20/10 coin loop and relatively few ways to steal coins from others.
5 was a bit too slow for my tastes, so even shorter rounds tended to kinda drag on, that's why I liked both 6 and 7 more - they sped the game up and everybody spends less time waiting for things/events/games to happen.

I'm actually expecting some changes in 8, nothing drastical of course, but definitely more changes than we saw between the iterations that were on the same platform (1-3 / 4-7). They'll set some kind of standard with 8, and the games following on the Wii (9-1X) might basically be expansion packs with new mini-games and slight adjustments. That's how I viewed most of the CG ones after 4 anyway.

Furoba

Isn't this going to be the first Mario Party title not being made by Hudson? Might be a positive perspective for the series.

Top Bottom