• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

80 killed in Nice, France terrorist attack: truck into crowd, gunfire,"Stay indoors"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel_DvA

Damn...

CnWxapMWIAEOizq.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
The whole world is on fire.

"Dire things are happening. Plague? Funny weather? Why are we watching the news, reading the news, keeping up with the news? Only to enforce our fancy -- probably a necessary lie -- that these are crucial times, and we are in on them. Newly revealed, and I am in the know: crazy people, bunches of them! New diseases, sways in power, floods! Can the news from dynastic Egypt have been any different?"
The Wreck of Time

Maxim726X

So... Assuming this is ISIS: How far away are we from troops on the ground? The world will only put up with this for so long.

Awful tragedy. RIP to those senselessly slain.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
30-50 sounds accurate based on the size of the truck and crowd density. Something needs to be done here if this is isis.

I understand no one wants war but enough is enough.

It just doesn't stop in this fucked up world, does it? If it's not bombings in Paris or at a Airport in Belgium or cops killing a human for no real reason...it's a maniac driving into a crowd of people.......what the hell man.

Indeed 'just' a maniac who did this or is it terrorism?

warthog

Terrible night for those victims/families of people who died. Pretty obvious it's an attack at this moment, judging by the reports, bullet holes in the truck and live coverage talking about it in that way.

rumors of an hostage situation in a hotel/restaurant going on but nothing confirmed on this, gunshots heard

Some friend in the police told me so too, we don't know yet if it's true. Everyone is forced to stay inside. This is so crazy and unbelievable.

Condom

The Baghdad attack was insane with hundreds dead at once, if this is another ISIS attack then that is very worrying.

"Dire things are happening. Plague? Funny weather? Why are we watching the news, reading the news, keeping up with the news? Only to enforce our fancy -- probably a necessary lie -- that these are crucial times, and we are in on them. Newly revealed, and I am in the know: crazy people, bunches of them! New diseases, sways in power, floods! Can the news from dynastic Egypt have been any different?"
The Wreck of Time
Dillard is GOAT. Precious oracle of humanity. I treasure my copy of Pilgrim like nothing else.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fox news twitter with the most unfortunate of hashtags :(

Fuck, I'm in Cannes, 30 minutes away from there. My friends and I were thinking about going to Nice for the fireworks but we decided to stay in Cannes at the last minute.

What a fucking horrible time for this country, I'm about to lose my mind.

Kuros

So... Assuming this is ISIS: How far away are we from troops on the ground? The world will only put up with this for so long.

Awful tragedy. RIP to those senselessly slain.

Western troops are as far away as ever. It honestly would only make things worse.

They solution needs to come from the gulf states/turkey.

30-50 sounds accurate based on the size of the truck and crowd density. Something needs to be done here if this is isis.

I understand no one wants war but enough is enough.

This is an ideological war, not a geographical one. France and Belgium have huge problems with extremist sympathies within their own population.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom