• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

80GB Metal Gear PS3 bundle allocation UPDATE

Askia47 said:
After calling both Gamestop and UPS it seems really odd to me. Gamestop said that its weird since the product shouldnt have been shipped so fast. The rep told me I could receive the System today still. But it doesnt make any sense, UPS already documented that it was delivered yesterday. I trust neither of them, and I still think someone stole it.

How fast was it delivered? Does it have a plausible route when you trace it?

Askia47

Worm_Buffet said:
How fast was it delivered? Does it have a plausible route when you trace it?

It shipped late monday night and supposedly got here around 1PM tuesday.The route makes sense. And yeah the driver could have taken as well.

gamestop did send me a email this morning however saying that my products have been shipped... so idk wtf is going on, since the ps3 supposedly got here yesterday.

Well, if the tracking information states that it was indeed delivered to your address, then you can assume that the tracking number you got was correct and the conflicting information is an error on Gamestop's part.
That leaves that UPS delivered without getting your signature, making them responsible ultimately.

Mii

Banned
Iced_Eagle said:
Buy it now.

[..]

I used to think exactly what you did until I realized what I just typed above. You can get 300GB HDD's for like $120, or 120GB for like $70. So please, save a kitten, get MGS4 bundle :D

Well I followed your advice! I bought it and started it up last night when the 2.4 firmware came out. Its quite a beautiful machine. Too much installation for my liking so far, but I'm sure that will go down in amount.

My PSN ID is MiiS3 if anyone cares.

So far I've put through maybe a half hours time into MGS4, and hope to be trying a number of demos tonight.

Unfortunately I'm currently on a shitty tv, so I think I'll soon be investing in a 32" LCD. A bit OT, but any recommendations?
I'll bring my troubles to the Hi-Def gaming tv thread as well.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Just to further prove that the 80GB pack will be around for a while... Sony's new summer brochure has it detailed inside.

Firewire

Banned
2 friends got the 80GB's finally this weekend. There both ignoring my phone calls, as they are heavy into MGS4, I think. :lol

GamerZero

Kagari said:
Just to further prove that the 80GB pack will be around for a while... Sony's new summer brochure has it detailed inside.

What does the brochure say? I hope the MGS4/PS3 bundle is still available in August, thats when I'll be able to buy one.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
GamerZero said:
What does the brochure say? I hope the MGS4/PS3 bundle is still available in August, thats when I'll be able to buy one.

Just details the entire package. I'm pretty sure this will be around for the holidays.

Askia47

Well looks like nothing is happening for a while, gamestop told me to wait 10 days, but i don't expect anything from them. What a failure :(

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Askia47 said:
Well looks like nothing is happening for a while, gamestop told me to wait 10 days, but i don't expect anything from them. What a failure :(

Sounds like UPS fucked up. Maybe they have it at their warehouse?

Askia47

Kagari said:
Sounds like UPS fucked up. Maybe they have it at their warehouse?

Nope, nothing. The tracking page says it was delivered to my house but there was no package when i came home :(

Askia47

well its good to see them in stock again. I'll go ahead and try and pick one up in stores late next week. SIGH, fuck UPS.

I just ordered the bundle from circuit city after an entire day of driving around and only finding 40gb packs all day. should be here by friday.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Looks like Sony has basically dried up on the 40GB packs and most places are only getting the 80GB MGS4 bundles until that new SKU drops. Get them while they're hot, people!

GamerZero

Kagari said:
Looks like Sony has basically dried up on the 40GB packs and most places are only getting the 80GB MGS4 bundles until that new SKU drops. Get them while they're hot, people!

When is the $399 80GB PS3 going to be released in North America?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
GamerZero said:
When is the $399 80GB PS3 going to be released in North America?

September is also what I heard. 80GB MGS4 packs abound right now though. My store got in 4 today.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Kagari said:
September is also what I heard. 80GB MGS4 packs abound right now though. My store got in 4 today.

Yeah, I picked one up yesterday at Best Buy. They had 7 on the floor yesterday.

jtardiou

Banned
I have a question

I plan to purchase a MGS4 80GB bundle when I get back to the states in mid august.

Should I order one online so I have one guaranteed when I get back? Or will I be able to walk into EBgames/Bestbuy/etc and find one with ease?

nomoment

jtardiou said:
I have a question

I plan to purchase a MGS4 80GB bundle when I get back to the states in mid august.

Should I order one online so I have one guaranteed when I get back? Or will I be able to walk into EBgames/Bestbuy/etc and find one with ease?
Order one online now, if you can.

You will not be able to find one in stores or online come mid-August. Production on this bundle is most likely already finished with the new 80GB SKU coming out.

jtardiou

Banned
Thanks

can someone confirm this?

Also, does it come with the special Blu-Ray making of DVD?

EDIT: One more question,

I have this monitor:
SAMSUNG%20226BW%2022.JPG

SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22"

+
these cables
EC.SON.98090.CN.JPG

Sony PlayStation 3 HDMI Cable + USB 2.0 Cable Pack - 10 ft.
=
I'll be able to play it on my monitor?

Thanks again for the help. I know I must sound a like an idiot D:¬

I guess this thread is the most appropraite place to ask this question.

Is Sony still improving (and planning to improve in the future) the 80GB's BC? It seems like they've totally abandoned BC in general recently.

jtardiou said:
Also, does it come with the special Blu-Ray making of DVD?

Mine came with a blu-ray that had some trailers for games, movies and playstation home. It also included a free voucher for "Pain" on PSN.

I ordered it from Bestbuy.com last thursday, and it arrived this thursday. It was the same price as everywhere else but came with a free strategy guide, which is quite nice actually.

Miburou

I think all these 80GB bundles are leftovers from the EU launch, and I don't think it's profitable for Sony to be making two different motherboards (one smaller, consumes less power and makes less heat, and is cheaper to make, but is missing all PS2 guts, and has a laser that doesn't read SACD), so I think it's a given that once all the MGS4 packs are gone, that no new ones will be made.

Firestorm

Fucking Dell Canada.
They finally get the bundle and guess what? It's a bundle with an extra DualShock 3 and HDMI cables for $580 >=(

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Firestorm said:
Fucking Dell Canada.
They finally get the bundle and guess what? It's a bundle with an extra DualShock 3 and HDMI cables for $580 >=(

D:

Can you order from Amazon to have it shipped to Canada?

Top Bottom