• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

80s style synth-pop/electro synth/cyberpunk music

Jarnet87

I've checked out the first 45 minutes or so of Hotline Miami 2's soundtrack, great so far. Been awhile since I've played the first game but I want to go back and listen now, 2's soundtrack seems more varied. Untitled has almost a haunting sound to it, awesome opening. Other highlights so far are Voyager, Divide, and Hollywood Heights. HH might be the most legit 80s sounding toon out there lol.

SJRB

Gold Member
I've checked out the first 45 minutes or so of Hotline Miami 2's soundtrack, great so far. Been awhile since I've played the first game but I want to go back and listen now, 2's soundtrack seems more varied. Untitled has almost a haunting sound to it, awesome opening. Other highlights so far are Voyager, Divide, and Hollywood Heights. HH might be the most legit 80s sounding toon out there lol.

Yeah the Hotline Miami 2 soundtrack is HUGE. Seriously non-stop awesomeness.

One of my favourites is actually El Huervo - Rust, bit of a hiphop beat as opposed to the more traditional 80s synth. But yeah, so many amazing tracks; M|O|ON, of course Megadrive, Mitch Murder, Carpenter Brut. Dope as fuck..

Love how surreal Untitled is, such a bizarre disconnect from the synths and ultraviolence. Brilliant menu music choice, really.

Bumhead

Banned

Bought Skull and The Night Prowler yesterday.

It was a bit of a mistake listening to them for the first time in the gym today. Had a stupid grin on my face the whole time, must have looked like a right lemon.

The guy on the previous page who said you know what it's like when you find something that's just your jam.. yeah, that's GosT.

Thanks for the links!

Atrophis

Nightcrawlers new EP is unbelievable.

a2685533529_2.jpg

https://youtu.be/VpgwpkkfkF8
http://nightcrawler.bandcamp.com/

Nokterian

Also guys i saw this in my e-mail from bandcamp.

Fans have given artists $101 million using Bandcamp, and $3.4 million in the last 30 days alone.

I think it's great because i give money directly to the artist i love hearing. Such a good business model.

NotLiquid

I just got introduced to Dance with the Dead and I think that, along with Carpenter Brut, they might be my favorite in the genre. Send the Signal has such a massive sound to it. I love how they include those sharp guitars in there.

moojito

I just got introduced to Dance with the Dead and I think that, along with Carpenter Brut, they might be my favorite in the genre. Send the Signal has such a massive sound to it. I love how they include those sharp guitars in there.

I agree, but don't you count perturbator in there as well? I think those three stand out from the rest. A much darker sound that I really like.

And thanks to you and this thread, now I got introduced to Dance with the Dead as well. :) Hotline Miami 2 really got me searching for more of this retrowave stuff and I think DwtD sound amazing, thanks! Loving this thread.

Yeah Perturbator is my top synthwave/darkwave/whateveryoucallitwave artist follow by GosT, Dance with the Dead, Carpenter Brut and Dan Terminus (The Chasm is godly).

Coreda

Surprised this hasn't been posted previously. Scratch Massive's Nuit De Rêve (cover censored for the mod's sensitive eyes).

First heard a couple of the tracks featured on the cyperpunk game jam favorite The Last Night. The whole album has a dark French electro synth sound, very much in keeping with the thread and in complete contrast to the cover art.

Tracks worth hearing: Pleine Lune, Paris, Golden Dreams, Follow Me, and Secrets. 2 minute clips of each of the tracks here (Youtube is sparse).

Lately I've been listening non-stop to Kristine's EP "The Deepest Blue".

It features three killer remixes by Bestrack, Miami Nights 1984 and Dance with the Dead.

Love it. It's a perfect 80's synth-pop hit. Vocals, rythm, everything.

https://open.spotify.com/album/5JTa9W98Sy5FgzIMowwWJw

https://soundcloud.com/kristineofficial/sets/kristine-the-deepest-blue

Love Kristine. Hopefully her debut album finally comes out this summer.

I made this 16 tracks Kristine playlist awhile ago.

Ridley327

Bandcamp just emailed me that Telefuture is putting out the new full-length double album from Makeup & Vanity Set on April 8.

cantwait.gif

Corpsepyre

Banned
So, I just discovered Perturbator, and holy fuck, this is excellent. Been streaming Dangerous Days, Nocturne City and Terror 404 straight. I'm amazed. What similar bands can I check?

Top Bottom