• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

86th Academy Awards |OT| of tripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finaika

100% agreed. I know Miyazaki usually does get ignored by the Academy, but I really thought they might acknowledge him for what really does look to be his final film. Absolutely shameful.

Didn't Spirited Away won the very first Best Animated Film Oscar?

ЯAW

Banned
Did Nebraska get any oscars? I finally saw it and I really liked it, great movie, probably my favorite of the year. I would have given it oscar for best actor and best picture

Cypher

JLaw fell because she tripped over a cone.

enhanced-15783-1393808813-5.jpg

Moff

Damn McConaughey has got to be at the hight of his career right now, havent seen dallas buyers club, yet, but he's amazing in True Detective

Dabanton

Next year you need someone a little more sharper. Ellen was OK but made it into a hugfest you need a little bite to proceedings.

Makes things a little more fun for the viewer.

The internet today: "OMG POOR LEO"
Amy Adams: "Hmph."

(Leo has 4 acting nominations with 0 wins, Adams has 5).

They're both always outclassed by actors who put their hearts into their roles, not just their skill. I don't ever see passion in either of those two, just a ton of methodology.

ЯAW;102969830 said:
Did Nebraska get any oscars? I finally saw it and I really liked it, great movie, probably my favorite of the year. I would have given it oscar for best actor and best picture
Thank god about 6,000 other people would have not agreed with you. Funny movie but there was zero chance of that winning anything when compared to the other contenders.

Window

They're both always outclassed by actors who put their hearts into their roles, not just their skill. I don't ever see passion in either of those two, just a ton of methodology.

Agree on Leo but I honestly thought Wolf was different and as some critics put it, perhaps what Scorsese might have been wishing to get out of Leo for so many years. As for Adams, have you seen Junebug?

Doran902

Yeah I was about to ask the same thing a minute ago.

I have the show recording waiting at home for me, but Ellen is the most off-putting person in the world for me.

I am glad that Leto got it for Dallas Buyers Club, but twelve year slave getting best motion picture is academy being their boring politically correct turds. Disappointed.

I thought 12 Years a Slave was the best movie.

MormaPope

Banned
Salty tears from Leo fans are still coming down this morning. Glorious.

I actually like his performances, but him not winning a Oscar is good natured fun. Children of Men was avenged and the McConaissance is in full swing. Good night for everyone.

goddamn though, I am fucking pleased about Rust Cohle getting a Best Actor trophy. 10 years ago who in the fuck could have predicted what he's done this year

hamchan

Thought McConaughey's speech was pretty awesome. The 10 year thing resonated because who seriously thought in 2003 that How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days Matthew McConaughey would be winning an Oscar in 2014.

kmax

goddamn though, I am fucking pleased about Rust Cohle getting a Best Actor trophy. 10 years ago who in the fuck could have predicted what he's done this year
Thought McConaughey's speech was pretty awesome. The 10 year thing resonated because who seriously thought in 2003 that How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days Matthew McConaughey would be winning an Oscar in 2014.

Fellas, I present to you, the McConaissance.

Phinor

Rare year for me. I agreed with most of the wins AND they were picks I was hoping for as well. Only major award that didn't "go my way" was best picture, I was hoping for Gravity, The Wolf of Wall Street (long shot) or Short Term 12 (not nominated) but I was expecting 12 Years a Slave. Not a huge fan of it, but it was a good movie with just the right/important story and great oscar marketing push behind it. Anyway, Cuaron for director and Steven Price for score were the two I was rooting for the most.

Also a Leo fan but both actor acting awards went to the right people. Both Leto and McConaughey also gave great speeches.

GoodlifeX

Jennifer Lawrence attention seeking attitude is getting pretty old to me. Calling out someone for laughing on stage? Oh wow Jennifer you are so sassy and brimming with personality! Nothing is off limits! Don't mess with you!

Where does the internet's obsession with Leo suddenly come from? All the teenager, reddit, buzzfeed crowd seems to be obsessed with him not winning an oscar.

Did it become a meme or something?

I always liked him but I remember everybody hating him after Titanic, i guess they were too young then.

Alpende

Where does the internet's obsession with Leo suddenly come from? All the teenager, reddit, buzzfeed crowd seems to be obsessed with him not winning an oscar.

Did it become a meme or something?

I always liked him but I remember everybody hating him after Titanic, i guess they were too young then.

It's been around for a while now. Shit, I wanted him to win it.

Blader

Is there a link to MM's full, unedited speech? All the youtube links I've found are chopped up and edited in with other clips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom