• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

90 days to Mars. What games would you bring to spend the time with?

GreenAlien

Offline Splitscreen Multiplayer games. The stated aim is to get 100+ people to Mars per flight, enough people to play with..

Yeah think i would have to say red dead redemption would love to revisit the world and nothing grabbing me, otherwise maybe the new Doom just to be really on the nose.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I would say the Halo MCC, but only if it gets patched to death and back again.

If not, an xbox 360 and all the halo games.

Would not bring halo 5, it's bad and does not have split-screen.

hwy_61

Banned
Kerbal space program, duh...

But what if you make the ship you're on for shits and giggles, and that fucker just explodes half way through your mission.

You tweak things. Nothing. Just blows up, again and again and again.

You start to go mad at the dread.

Idk man.

Jeffrey

No clue about space but I get a headache if I game on a plane or train, so probably just load up my kindle with a lot of books.

Mephala

The real question is whether or not I have friends on board who might play games with me. This could be a real game changer

With some friends
Monster Hunter 4 U
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Mario 3D World
Smash 4
CS
WC3 w/ some predownloaded custom maps... Old school dota? Why not.
Halo CE
Worms
Mario Party
Mario Kart 8
Minecraft (or maybe Dragon Quest Builders :p)

... I'll also take my entire GOG collection because fuck it, why not.

Edit. Imagine if everyone on board was a fan of FG. Didn't bring enough pads.

DSix

Banned
Plenty of time-consuming RPGs (J and W). A lot of local multiplayer games to play with the crew too.

Some good VR games to escape from space, and almost feel like on earth for a few hours, would not be a bad idea either.

butman

header.jpg

WITHE1982

Dead Space
Alien Isolation
Adrift
Oh and of course Mass Effect so I can learn how to woo those martian ladies.

Plus I'll just be watching Total Recall on repeat and uttering the line "get your ass to Mars" so many times that my fellow commuters may end up murdering me and flushing me out of an airlock.

reKon

Banned
In addition to an assortment of games of many genres (primarily RPG and RTS), I would make sure to bring a fully loaded Kindle with a ton of books already downloaded and 4 big external charges. For any reason if i would limited in power or something wasn't working, I would not want to be bores out of my mind.

Presuming the tech is ready to roll by 2023, I could see VR being a good use of the time. Give me a good version of GTA, Minecraft, and/or Fallout in VR - I'd be good for a nice long time.

This has got to be the best answer. VR escapism. Several good GTA-like open worlds to explore.

OldMan

Banned
Majoras Mask, first I'd beat it with one hand behind my back, on an empty stomach and mid gravity floating with my eyes closed. That should absorb a couple months worth

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
My steamaccount with 450 or something games and a 50TB harddrive to store everything.
90 days is a long time to play games and you never know what you're feeling like playing.

The Binding of Isaac - Ever since I first played this as a free PS+ game, I haven't stopped. Even bought it for PC when the DLC came out. I've poured countless hours into it.

The Witcher 3 - Still haven't gotten around to the DLC on this one, would bring the complete edition and have another run through.

Fallout 4 - Not my favorite in the series, but I never got around to finishing it, so I figure a 3-month trek to Mars oughta help with that.

DJIzana

Earthbound
Chrono Cross
Chrono Trigger
PSO Episode 1 and 2
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
Mario 64
Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2
Legend of Dragoon
Double Dragon 1 and 2
Contra 1,2 and 3
Ninja Gaiden