• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

9th Japanese Pokémon Center to open in Hiroshima in Summer

JoeM86

As many know, in Japan there are various Pokémon shops. These sell a wide range of Pokémon merchandise and often hold Pokémon battle competitions and events, often with exclusive distribution Pokémon

Since 1998, there have been Pokémon Center stores and over the years, some have opened, some have closed, some have moved. Well, we now have an announcement of the 9th.

This one is opening in the Sogo Hiroshima Shop Main Building on the 6th floor in Hiroshima. Its mascot is Pikachu and the classic shiny Red Gyarados. It's also the first Pokémon Center to be in the Chūgoku & Shikoku region in Japan
150417_p01_pic01.jpg

Jintor

Hmm, I've only been to the Osaka one and the one built into Kansai Airport. Another to add to the list.

Next time I'll book Golden Week ahead of time

These must do rather well if they're opening up a 9th, no? Now please bring more to NA :(
Eh, I think the current selection on the Pokemon Center site is pretty decent and expands regularly enough. An actual store would probably have a much smaller selection.

Of course places that aren't the US are kinda boned.

I've been to all of them but Fukuoka and Hokkaido's. It's a shame that they only focus on new stuff. In a way I felt disappointed.

Don't undersell them. They hold a craptonne of events

They do very well. Whenever there's a new game preorder or an event or a weekend, they are packed.

That's true. The times when I went to one, they were packed. I loved seeing how excited the children were in the store.

JoeM86

Incidentally, here's a list of the other 8

main_img_131101.jpg

Pokémon Center Sapporo

main_img_131101.jpg

Pokémon Center Tohoku

main_img_141226.jpg

Pokémon Center Mega Tokyo (It Mega Evolved last year)

main_img_131206.jpg

Pokémon Center Tokyo Bay

main_img_131101.jpg

Pokémon Center Yokohama

main_img_131101.jpg

Pokémon Center Nagoya

main_img_131101.jpg

Pokémon Center Osaka

main_img_131101.jpg

Pokémon Center Fukuoka

They often switch mascots while keeping one main one.

There are also Pokémon Stores in a variety of areas. They're small shops, sometimes with a unique plush, but just sell the latest stuff and don't host events

main_img_chitose.jpg

Chitose Airport

main_img_140207.jpg

Tokyo

main_img_kansai.jpg

Kansai Airport

main_img_oita.jpg

Oita

main_img_kagoshima.jpg

Kagoshima

main_img_okinawa.jpg

Okinawa

Really wish we could get one in London, My daughter wanted a Nendoroid Red which was exclusive to the pokecenter so no import joy for us in the UK

Depends on the weather :p

When was that? They recently moved it and had it Mega Evolve

Last year August, it was one that had a business floor right above it and a big Pikachu mural on the side. Pretty meh to be honest. Didn't find many exclusive items, just bought a Froakkie pencil case, lol.

JoeM86

Last year August, it was one that had a business floor right above it and a big Pikachu mural on the side. Pretty meh to be honest. Didn't find many exclusive items, just bought a Froakkie pencil case, lol.

Almost all items there are exclusive :p

wintermute181

Neo Member
I visited the one in Tokyo and was severely disappointed. Firstly it's pretty out of the way, secondly it's pretty small, thirdly it has plushies you can just buy on eBay anyway, maybe some exclusive trading card shit though I'm not sure. I went there, ended up leaving with nothing..

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I visited the one in Tokyo and was severely disappointed. Firstly it's pretty out of the way, secondly it's pretty small, thirdly it has plushies you can just buy on eBay anyway, maybe some exclusive trading card shit though I'm not sure. I went there, ended up leaving with nothing..

The Mega one is small? That's unfitting.

EDIT: By the way: Is it safe to visit or even live in Hiroshima nowadays?

We must've gone to the same one in Toyko, lol.

Pumpkin

Neo Member
I went to the one in Tokyo and had a magical time. If only I had more money.

Also, I thought I would be the oldest person in the store, but it was filled with adults.

JoeM86

Is this the thread in which I whine about the Pokémon Centre online store not shipping to the UK?

Because that's seriously bullshit.

Haha, I'm both annoyed and glad about that.

Annoyed because I want to order from there.
Glad because all my money would be spent.

I went to the Osaka one last year. Lots of merchandise and activities for kids to do. Cooler concept than reality, imo, but I'm not that crazy about Pokemon. Perfect place for tournaments though.

I hope they open up in Europe at some point. Even if they open just one, it'd be like a tourist attraction for me - like the Haribo store in Bonn.

JoeM86

I hope they open up in Europe at some point. Even if they open just one, it'd be like a tourist attraction for me - like the Haribo store in Bonn.

They had the Pokémon Center Paris for a month last year.

It was very, very popular to the point they had to limit people to one piece of merchandise.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Haha, I'm both annoyed and glad about that.

Annoyed because I want to order from there.
Glad because all my money would be spent.

You should mark "being able to enter my own house" as a positive, too.

JoeM86

You should mark "being able to enter my own house" as a positive, too.

Please. That's why you buy a semi detatched house, buy its connected neighbour, put a door between the two. A house for your merchandise and a house for you.

Everyone knows that :p

kubus

I went to the one in Ikebukuro's Sunshine City about two weeks ago. It was pretty much amazing.

I really wanna visit more of them, though I suspect they all sell the same stuff. I spent about 5.000 yen last time, bought a bunch of school supplies and a plush Fletchling.

JoeM86

I went to the one in Ikebukuro's Sunshine City about two weeks ago. It was pretty much amazing.

I really wanna visit more of them, though I suspect they all sell the same stuff. I spent about 5.000 yen last time, bought a bunch of school supplies and a plush Fletchling.

That's the Mega Tokyo one :)

kubus

That's the Mega Tokyo one :)
Oh didn't know that :). The name sounds like it's the "flagship" store... Hope that doesn't mean I will be disappointed with any of the other Pokemon Centers :p.

I really wish they still sold that Charizard cosplay Pikachu plush..... :'(

Cyd0nia

Banned
I was in the tokyo Mega Center last week... Business Pikachu is adorable and needs to be in the games somehow.

Do Nintendo get proceeds from Pokemon merch at all - or only benefit from their stake in TPC? Because the chaos in that shop, the fervour for all the toys, it made me think - as long as they've got this, this company is going to be a-okay.

Forkball

I went to the one in Osaka and honestly I was a bit disappointed. They have a ton of stuff, but you can find almost all of it in normal toy stores. I expected more exclusive goods, like a samurai Pikachu or something. They do have an impressive collection of plushies but I don't collect those.

I went to the one in Osaka and honestly I was a bit disappointed. They have a ton of stuff, but you can find almost all of it in normal toy stores. I expected more exclusive goods, like a samurai Pikachu or something. They do have an impressive collection of plushies but I don't collect those.

You can get a Date Masamune Pikachu keychain, pencil or socks if you go to the Tohoku Pokemon Center. My avatar is the headphone cover I bought there!

Top Bottom