• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

9th Japanese Pokémon Center to open in Hiroshima in Summer

Nagoya has Chikorita in the logo?? Quick, how expensive is Nagoya for a foreigner? Hotel, transportation, etc? I'll have to go there!!

JoeM86

They must be doing well if they keep opening these things.

Of course. It's Japan and Pokémon. There is no greater thing there, not even Yo-kai Watch. Yo-kai Watch may be on the rise, but it doesn't have the staying power Pokémon does.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
There used to be a Pokemon Center in USA back in the 90's but it got renovated into Nintendo World I think?

Resilient

I've been to the Mega Tokyo and Osaka stores.

They're okay. Mega Tokyo is better, but Osaka has a wall of rare Pokemon cards. It's pretty cool. Mega Tokyo was also the only place I could find a Cyndaquil (Hinoarashi) plush, and it was only a small one too! There were no Totodile in either of them...

When I was at the Osaka store, a white guy came up to my friend, leaned over and said "You're white...". We were like...yes. Yes we are.

lupinko

Oh at Pokemon Centers there are designated play areas for people to play or download event Pokemon. They also hold tournaments for both videogames and the tcg.

I went to one in Tokyo and it was pretty meh. Just one floor and basic stuff. :(

They're basically just merchandise stores.
Nothing special. I did pick me up one of these in Yokohama (a lovely city).
61-MBcVLdtL._SY355_.jpg

I imagine it'd be like dying and going to PokéHeaven

It kinda sucks actually. If it's not full of loud obnoxious kids, all that's there is a bunch of crappy merchandise. At least there were a lot of people streetpassing around there, but I could have done just as well at any remotely busy train station.

When Pikmin 3 came out to lackluster sales, I noted that week had a heat wave and put it forth as a possible reason, citing the fact that the Pokémon Centers were empty, when they seldom are. Of course it was taken out of context :p

Ah, I see, thank you :p Well now I will remember that every time I see the link above your avatar!

It kinda sucks actually. If it's not full of loud obnoxious kids, all that's there is a bunch of crappy merchandise. At least there were a lot of people streetpassing around there, but I could have done just as well at any remotely busy train station.

To be fair, it is kids (well, their parent's wallets) that they're targeting so it's understandable that the merchandise wouldn't be to all older Pokemon fan's tastes. Whatever happened to that mature line of merchandise they had a few years back? Pocket Monsters 151 or something? Would be nice if there was a small section in each store that catered to that audience.

To be fair, it is kids (well, their parent's wallets) that they're targeting so it's understandable that the merchandise wouldn't be to all older Pokemon fan's tastes. Whatever happened to that mature line of merchandise they had a few years back? Pocket Monsters 151 or something? Would be nice if there was a small section in each store that catered to that audience.

I don't really know what I was expecting, but plushies and crappy candy wasn't it. It would have been cool for them to focus on the games a bit more, like maybe try to keep stock of every old version of the game -- but I guess that's kind hard since GB games haven't been manufactured in forever.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Looks cool, I want to at least visit it once before in my lifetime.

Is this the thread in which I whine about the Pokémon Centre online store not shipping to the UK?

Because that's seriously bullshit.

Agreed, between Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions being only in the US, the Pokémon Centre on-line being US only and OR/AS getting a week delayed. It's kinda hard not to be annoyed.

I don't really know what I was expecting, but plushies and crappy candy wasn't it. It would have been cool for them to focus on the games a bit more, like maybe try to keep stock of every old version of the game -- but I guess that's kind hard since GB games haven't been manufactured in forever.

Plus that would impact on their ability to sell the remakes :p

It reminds me a bit of Dinsey stores, on first impressions it blinds you with colour and is quite a spectacle, but up close the individual bits of merchandise aren't amazing (at least that's been my experience with Disney).

Just googled Pokemon 151 and I was right, it was stuff like shirts for adults. Don't know what I'm allowed to link but GN, Kotaku and Bulbapedia all ran articles on it, around 2008/9.

woopWOOP

Atleast these Pokemon Centers are aware Chespin is the best starter.
Look

All I want is Business Pikachu in America

Just sell that doll in America and you can open up Pokemon Centers wherever else you want
Haha, business Pikachu? Sounds so silly and dumb... yet looking at it I'd probably buy one too. He looks so adorkable.

One day I will visit one of these.

Went to one when I was in Tokyo after I just randomly saw it in the distance at a subway stop.

Best part of it is that the Pokemon Center theme plays throughout the store. I didn't buy anything because I had already spent way too much in Akihabara.

Top Bottom