• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Brit is on holiday in Kabul

Status
Not open for further replies.

reksveks

Source is my county's capital Brussels. It's like Trump said, a complete hellhole. Thanks to mass immigration/multi culturism and it's spreading fast to other parts of the country. Only a blind fool would say otherwise.
That's not a source, stats please.

What's the rate of violent crimes for immigrants?
What's the rate of violent crime for non-immigrants?
What's the % of immigrants that are male? And how does that compare to the average population of the countries that they are leaving. That's the questions.

Pages like the following are interesting reads: https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac....rime-evidence-for-the-uk-and-other-countries/

Suggest that's more about employment opportunities

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
His plans is to get captured and decapitated by taliban let him be no need to pay ransom or rescue squad

Last edited:

dorkimoe

It’s currently a monumental screw up by the Biden administration. Allies are scrambling to get their own people back and tens of thousands of refugees to NATO nations are left stranded in the chaos, as they’re at the top of the list for execution and rape.

Everyone was told they’d have months, then weeks, but in the end only got days.
I dunno why they announced it. Just slowly pull out making sure we don’t leave stockpiles of guns behind. So ridiculous

AJUMP23

Gold Member
The US has really screwed up on this one. Destabilizing the world, one bad decision at a time. The US stopped the NAZIs and had an active presence in Germany, for strategic reasons, They stopped the communist Koreans and still maintain a military presence in south Korea. If you want to maintain a status quo you have to maintain a presence in the country to exert your will on to populace.

Droxcy

I dunno why they announced it. Just slowly pull out making sure we don’t leave stockpiles of guns behind. So ridiculous

That’s the thing the military has been slowly pulling out resources and units out at night time. They’re giving up bases but with no equipment or any facilities. Don’t know what happened here but to leave like this and not inform anyone else monumental fuck up.

Also this guy is insane a foreigner in that environment right now with no one to back you up scary.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
The Taliban now have a ton of US resources. Because we equipped the Afghan army with a lot of our equipment. So while we may have taken out stuff labeled US Army, we gave them a ton of equipment in the from of guns ammo, rockets, and vehicles.

kingkaiser

The US has really screwed up on this one. Destabilizing the world, one bad decision at a time. The US stopped the NAZIs and had an active presence in Germany, for strategic reasons, They stopped the communist Koreans and still maintain a military presence in south Korea. If you want to maintain a status quo you have to maintain a presence in the country to exert your will on to populace.
I think the American government did this "retreat" to harm China in the long run, not giving a single shit about the civilians in Afghanistan. Think about it for a minute, this pullback has an unusual strong bipartisan support among U.S. politicians. Both Trump and Biden wanted to get out at any cost, after being there for 20 years and not being able to achieve a stable democracy there. Remember, China is bordering Afghanistan and their “belt and road” project is running directly through this region. Why waste American life’s to secure China’s ability exporting their products to the west? It’s a cold and calculated move, the U.S. government is not willing to play world police anymore and as a byproduct accidentally help their most feared new adversary. Let’s China and Russia have to deal with the extremists there, after all it’s their “sphere of influence” they so much desired. You can actually hear Putin and Xi “Winnie” Jinping already whimper in the background while “criticizing” the abrupt pullback. Now they will have put their own skin into the game, and it will be a bloody game for them too, just ask the Soviets. What’s the morale of this story? Well, I guess it’s “be careful what you wish for, it might come true!”

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I think the American government did this "retreat" to harm China in the long run, not giving a single shit about the civilians in Afghanistan. Think about it for a minute, this pullback has an unusual strong bipartisan support among U.S. politicians. Both Trump and Biden wanted to get out at any cost, after being there for 20 years and not being able to achieve a stable democracy there. Remember, China is bordering Afghanistan and their “belt and road” project is running directly through this region. Why waste American life’s to secure China’s ability exporting their products to the west? It’s a cold and calculated move, the U.S. government is not willing to play world police anymore and as a byproduct accidentally help their most feared new adversary. Let’s China and Russia have to deal with the extremists there, after all it’s their “sphere of influence” they so much desired. You can actually hear Putin and Xi “Winnie” Jinping already whimper in the background while “criticizing” the abrupt pullback. Now they will have put their own skin into the game, and it will be a bloody game for them too, just ask the Soviets. What’s the morale of this story? Well, I guess it’s “be careful what you wish for, it might come true!”

The American president cares to much about his reputation and position of strength to look so weak. It hurts US foreign policy to look weak like they do in Afghanistan. The worldwide destabilization that will happen after this will take years to recover from. America should not be a worldwide police force, but they should not appear weak either. The current military leaders are more concerned about offending people than killing people and breaking things. They give new recruits a stress card in Basic now that they can pull up and a drill instructor will stop yelling at them.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Animated GIF

reksveks

She’s pandering to a brutal terrorist regime. The ‘mostly peaceful’ routine from the news media is getting old.

You wouldn't 'pander' to a terrorist regime whilst doing your job in a foreign country if the cost was your life? You don't think the majority of people would? If you wouldn't, surely that you get some people would.

I don't believe you if you said you would personally.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Am in permanent cringe mode over every commentator's strident denunciation of this situation - while at the same time making sure that they don't actually ever mention the problem: religion. The mental gymnastics on display not to offend anyone must be hell on their backbones.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Am in permanent cringe mode over every commentator's strident denunciation of this situation - while at the same time making sure that they don't actually ever mention the problem: religion. The mental gymnastics on display not to offend anyone must be hell on their backbones.
Well, it’s *a* problem but you’d have to be pretty naive to think it’s *the* problem.

BouncyFrag

You wouldn't 'pander' to a terrorist regime whilst doing your job in a foreign country if the cost was your life? You don't think the majority of people would? If you wouldn't, surely that you get some people would.

I don't believe you if you said you would personally.
I wouldn’t be there spouting propaganda for the Taliban. This is a win for the Taliban PR department.

CGiRanger

Banned
This women journalist is there with the taliban?

Very dangerous, shes putting herself in danger of being taken and becoming their soldiers concubine/ sex slave
Ironically she's in a position of privilege because it's likely the leaders have ordered nothing to happen to her because it'd make them look bad. The Taliban is more savvy and aware of "optics" now than before.

Also, as far as incompetence goes:

But to give even the old senile fool a break. I'd honestly put more blame on the Military and especially Mike Milley, who should be strung up and court-marshalled for his sheer incompetence (and perhaps lying to both recent administrations)

Last edited:

reksveks

Well, yeah. The Taliban are all about that good old religion. Their march across the country is fuelled by their devotion to Islam. Women across the country aren't being slammed into their houses and denied their basic rights because the Taliban are a bunch of incels.
just trying to figure out what the problem is that you are referring to. is it all religion, one religion, misinterpretations of religion?

There are alot of people whom believe in islam that don't interpret the book the same way similar to the bible and all other religious books.

reksveks

Well, yeah. The Taliban are all about that good old religion. Their march across the country is fuelled by their devotion to Islam. Women across the country aren't being slammed into their houses and denied their basic rights because the Taliban are a bunch of incels.
just trying to figure out what the problem is that you are referring to. is it all religion, one religion, misinterpretations of religion?

There are alot of people whom believe in islam that don't interpret the book the same way similar to the bible and all other religious books.

The areligious Chinese would never violate human rights this way.

FunkMiller

Gold Member

The problem is that backwards religious belief leads to this kind of thing. Now, I'm of course not suggesting that all religious people are like these head chopping lunatics, but the basis for their lunacy does indeed come from their holy book, in the same way Christian lunacy comes from the bible. The Taliban's cause is 100% shaped by their religious belief. Ergo, the reason this is all happening the way it is, is because of religion. Could The Taliban have formed around a secular ideology? Possibly. Would it have resulted in the direct subjugation of an entire gender, and a march across the country completely unopposed? Doubtful.

Last edited:

Alebrije

Last edited:

CGiRanger

Banned
Talking about China ,it seems they do not give a fuck about what its happening...

Funny how both China and Russia have not withdrawn their consular staffs or ambassadors and are going to be staying. Both, especially China, seem quite eager to recognize the new government, and likely to make many business plans.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Ironically she's in a position of privilege because it's likely the leaders have ordered nothing to happen to her because it'd make them look bad. The Taliban is more savvy and aware of "optics" now than before.

Also, as far as incompetence goes:

But to give even the old senile fool a break. I'd honestly put more blame on the Military and especially Mike Milley, who should be strung up and court-marshalled for his sheer incompetence (and perhaps lying to both recent administrations)

Nevertheless she shouldve left the location asap

Theres no guarantee she can can remain there safely

Taliban leader can change their mind at any moment we can never know

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
What a fucking dumbass. Here you have millions of people desperate to get out of that hellhole of a country, and he voluntarily goes there. It's REALLY hard to not feel that he deserves whatever he's got coming. Not saying I hope he dies, obviously, but yeah.

reksveks

The problem is that backwards religious belief leads to this kind of thing. Now, I'm of course not suggesting that all religious people are like these head chopping lunatics, but the basis for their lunacy does indeed come from their interpretation of their holy book, in the same way Christian lunacy comes from the bible. The Taliban's cause is 100% shaped by their religious belief. Ergo, the reason this is all happening the way it is, is because of religion. Could The Taliban have formed around a secular ideology? Possibly. Would it have resulted in the direct subjugation of an entire gender, and a march across the country completely unopposed? Doubtful.
Religion does typically allow more interpretations and I would also word it as their interpretation of the Quran, primarily out of respect for the friends that i have that are practicing Muslim's. That's the key point, it's all interpretations of 1000 year old books.

I generally believe in a more secular and 'humanist' society instead of one based of religion provides a more beneficial outcome. There have been a couple of movements that have swept across countries like the eugenic related Nazism,, but i do think it's harder for new movements for fascist movements to pop out without some faith system to justify one group over another. Slavery was something that also used 'science 'to justify the terrible actions of one group of people against another.

Amory

Crazy to think that I was a freshman in HS when all this mess started. Now I'm 33 with a kid of my own. And there's nothing to show for any of it.

On one hand, eventually you have to call it quits and stop wasting lives, money, and time. But on the other, jesus there had to be some better way of getting out. I'm probably just naive.

Regarding the kid, assuming it's a real thing and not a hoax, I do hope he gets out alive. I mean, I hope all the innocents get out alive. And I hope he recognizes that all the bullshit he went through and he put his family through wasn't worth a wikipedia page and a few days of fame. Though I'm sure he'll find some nice ways to monetize it.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
To be fair, this guy will probably be fine. The Taliban are media and politically savvy enough to know that killing one of the infidel’s fat little children would probably cause them more trouble than it’s worth. They’ll probably publicly stick him safely on a plane, while their mates are out back raping the women.

NickFire

Crazy to think that I was a freshman in HS when all this mess started. Now I'm 33 with a kid of my own. And there's nothing to show for any of it.

On one hand, eventually you have to call it quits and stop wasting lives, money, and time. But on the other, jesus there had to be some better way of getting out. I'm probably just naive.

Regarding the kid, assuming it's a real thing and not a hoax, I do hope he gets out alive. I mean, I hope all the innocents get out alive. And I hope he recognizes that all the bullshit he went through and he put his family through wasn't worth a wikipedia page and a few days of fame. Though I'm sure he'll find some nice ways to monetize it.
Never mind, I can't count today.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
this dudes achieved a legendary status that can only be met by that one guy trying to deliver bibles to those tribesman on the Indian islands. Respect

I cannot get over just how fucking pointless the last 20 years was regarding our efforts in Afghanistan. What a complete failure in every single regard. 20 years, trillions of dollars, thousands of lives and the established government completely folds in, what, 48 hours?

Biden will rightfully take the heat for this cluster fuck of an exit but every administration that presided over this "war" shares the blame.

I cannot get over just how fucking pointless the last 20 years was regarding our efforts in Afghanistan. What a complete failure in every single regard. 20 years, trillions of dollars, thousands of lives and the established government completely folds in, what, 48 hours?

Biden will rightfully take the heat for this cluster fuck of an exit but every administration that presided over this "war" shares the blame.
I guess the question isn’t so much what we already spent. It’s what it would’ve cost to prevent this complete debacle. I’m not sure I know the answer, but this is about the worst possible outcome.

My answer would be stir the pot in their home and not ours. Right or wrong that's what was decided kiddo. Blaming here makes our country and us people look befuddled. It's a bad look. Just so you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom