• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Compilation of Hilarious Animations in Mass Effect Andromeda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belker

I just saw a Tweet from EA about the new MAss Effect A couple of shots of gameplay. In the first bit everyone was wearing helmets. In the second a character was looking out across a balcony with their back to the camera.

It's probably entirely coincidental - I didn't check when it was first tweeted - but I'd like to think it wasn't.

Anybody get this gem yet?

jUhHkHj.gif

I did snap a pic of Cora giving me a T pose on the tram in the Nexus.

Slaythe

Yanick Roy said:
The other thing I can tell you is that, while it will be very respectful of the heritage built over the course of the first three games, with the original trilogy now concluded and the switch over to a new engine, we are exploring new directions, both on the gameplay and story fronts. You can still expect the pillars the franchise is known for to be fully intact though, including diverse alien races, a huge galaxy to explore, and of course rich, cinematic storytelling.

We’re all looking forward to telling you more about this next Mass Effect game, but it’s probably going to be quite a while before you hear from us again. We know you have high expectations for the franchise and we want to make sure whatever we show you lives up to those expectations.

Thank you all for your interest and your passion,

Yanick

Studio Director – BioWare Montreal

Holy fucking shit. That's what he said a few years back.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
The Cohh response is among the stupidest statements I've seen in defense of the game - it's so subjective, what turns off a person from enjoying a game, that to dismiss them out of hand as 'not real gamers' is so asinine.

If you like the animations or don't have a problem with them then more power to you, enjoy the game. - but good luck with that hill you're gonna die on.

inky

Cohh is very open about his sponsored streams and does not spew bullshit. He is a genuine guy.

That whole clip is a straight logical fallacy, i.e., complete bullshit though. So yeah, he kinda does.

Calling people "not a gamer" because they don't want to use their hard earned money to support a product because of its poor quality is a pretty fucking ridiculous and childish thing to say.

Guess I'm not a gamer then, would like to here the rest of what he said though.

Calling people "not a gamer" because they don't want to use their hard earned money to support a product because of its poor quality is a pretty fucking ridiculous and childish thing to say.

Especially a AAA game made by Bioware, this isn't some independent small dev. Its beyond BS.

Dabanton

Hilarious.

If this was a smalll dev on their first game, I'd be willing to overlook certain things.

But this a dev who are part of a massive company who have three prior games in the series which somehow had better lip syncing and animations.

Not all us get paid to play games by companies, so have to defend them to protect our potential income.

Dysun

This game's animation and models look like utter shit. Shame that BioWare let their new team handle their biggest IP

derFeef

Hilarious.

If this was a smalll dev on their first game, I'd be willing to overlook certain things.

But this a dev who are part of a massive company who have three prior games in the series which somehow had better lip syncing and animations.

Not all us get paid to play games by companies, so have to defend them to protect our potential income.

Pretty much this. I am enjoy jank games from time to time - just need to put it into perspective. This is Mass Effect!

Cohh is very open about his sponsored streams and does not spew bullshit. He is a genuine guy.

He isn't very smart though.

Here's the thing, and it's exactly what I fear will happen. Gamers, as a mass, not targeting anybody personally, except maybe Cohh, due to my earlier statement, are not very susceptible to anything between the lines. Just like Donte and "white hair" arguement, anything said is diluted to most obvious simple form. It's like everything we say is only being comprehended by small children that take words literally and don't think anywhere beyond.

The reason people are cancelling their preorders and such is not just "lol jank". It's because these mistakes make game look incredibly unfinished and unpolished. So, if these aspects seem like they are so inceredibly undercooked, what reason people have to believe that other aspects of a game aren't.

If animations are this bad, name one reason your average gamer would not assume that everything else, including the story is not just as much of a mess as animations are?

What is wrong with not buying the game that looks like it's going to be bad, because of issues it's clearly having?

Sorry Best Buy, I need my money back.

canceled.png

I really think there is a good story in there, but the performance on Xbox isn't great, the EA Access demo wasn't awe inspiring at all.. I think I'm OK waiting for patches/discounts/sales down the road. Maybe even free on EA Access if this ends up being bomba.

This game's animation and models look like utter shit. Shame that BioWare let their new team handle their biggest IP
Not all animations and models. Combat animations are very good and alien and armour models are also very good. It's the rest that undermines the game unfortunately.

This dosn't really work here. ME is an epic sci-fi space opera, presentation does a big part to selling the deal. ME always kinda lacked in this area, but we are expecting improvement, not going backwards, and this is actually worse than the last gen trilogy.

I can see why people would find a big issue on these aspects on this game, because they are a big deal on this game. And is actually a considerable deal for me. I'll probably will buy the game down the line, but is VERY dissapointing.

If he can't see that, maybe the real gamer is not him...

The reason people are cancelling their preorders and such is not just "lol jank". It's because these mistakes make game look incredibly unfinished and unpolished. So, if these aspects seem like they are so inceredibly undercooked, what reason people have to believe that other aspects of a game aren't.

If animations are this bad, name one reason your average gamer would not assume that everything else, including the story is not just as much of a mess as animations are?

What is wrong with not buying the game that looks like it's going to be bad, because of issues it's clearly having?

I can get on board with most of this, I didn't pre-order this mainly cause I just typically don't anymore (unless it is expected to be limited). I was going to pick it up probably 2-3 weeks after launch, not anymore.

I'm willing to bet that the game is actually solid (combat, story, lore...basically gameplay) but I refuse to support Bioware/EA here. It is completely unacceptable for a dev and publisher of their caliber to put a product like this out there. The game can be fine from a gameplay standpoint but that isn't the entire picture, especially for a game built upon conversations and interactions with characters. It is BS and I refuse to support it.

This dosn't really work here. ME is an epic sci-fi space opera, presentation does a big part to selling the deal. ME always kinda lacked in this area, but we are expecting improvement, not going backwards, and this is actually worse than the last gen trilogy.

I can see why people would find a big issue on these aspects on this game, because they are a big deal on this game. And is actually a considerable deal for me. I'll probably will buy the game down the line, but is VERY dissapointing.

Yep, Bioware games as a whole are far more about character, conversations, and interactions than the combat/gameplay alone.

I may get this game. I loved Mass Effect but I would love to have my own experiences with this awful animation. Especially later in the game.

The sex scene, the no doubt sad scene will be ruined by something hilarious

watership

Watching gameplay of the main character just walking makes me wonder if they ran into an animation problem late and had to restart everything over. The character interaction/dialogue stuff is just revolting.

Lime

damn I wish xLestali (and me lol) got royalties from that gif that's making the rounds everywhere - Gamesradar, Kotaku, pewdiepie, etc.

CuNi

So, if I buy a story heavy game and enjoy immersing myself in its world, it is apparently wrong if I don't buy a game that has such bad lipsync and animation that I simply cannot take anything the story tries to convey serious and thus cannot enjoy the game at any point.

When did "Gaming and Gameplay" go from "I like the worlds and stories in addition to those awesome mechanic" to "This game supports 4k 60FPS and has a known publisher" !?

Geez, people really need to stop defending some games like they are part of their family or their self proclaimed deity.

Man, even PewDiePie is on it. What went wrong here?

Holy shit I didn't know he made a video about this.

This is absolutely the most damaging thing that can happen to this game's marketing.

We are talking about potentially 5 to 8 million viewers watching him pointing out how shit this game can look at times and joke about it.
This is by far the biggest roast on this game, and it will cause the most damage.

Damn, I feel bad for the dev team but let's be honest they are not the victim here.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Funniest thing is that this news/outrage is going to have some reviewers and early adopters over-scrutinize the game. A sort of 'what-is-seen-cannot-be-unseen' kind of thing.

I watched the 2-hour Giant Bomb stream and could only see the immense jank in everything. The animations, the stilted AI, the voice-acting, everything. It's impossible to look past it once it has been seen. It looks like they gave this game to a bunch of interns.

What were they trying to accomplish with the facial expressions in this game?

Just copy, paste, and polish the tech from Inquisition and it would have been just fine. How the heck they ended up with these uncanny valley android nightmares is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom