• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Game ahead of it's time.

littlewig

Banned
For some reason, I didn't enjoy No Mercy 2 as much as Revenge or World Tour, even though the production value and overall presentation was much better in the game.

I guess I got burnt out on wrestling games by the time it came out.

Tarazet

I think the Shin Megami Tensei games on the Famicom must have been WAY ahead of their time - most of their gameplay elements were translated note for note into Nocturne and they still seemed startling.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
sonarrat said:
I think the Shin Megami Tensei games on the Famicom must have been WAY ahead of their time - most of their gameplay elements were translated note for note into Nocturne and they still seemed startling.

You talking about the Super Famicom games or the Megami Tensei games on the Famicom? I haven't put too much effort into the Famicom games, but they are balls out difficult. Also, I 'm not sure if the people who work on them are the same, but the license did travel from Namco to Atlus. That's why it became Shin Megami Tensei.

Tarazet

RevenantKioku said:
You talking about the Super Famicom games or the Megami Tensei games on the Famicom? I haven't put too much effort into the Famicom games, but they are balls out difficult. Also, I 'm not sure if the people who work on them are the same, but the license did travel from Namco to Atlus. That's why it became Shin Megami Tensei.

I meant the Super Famicom - I have been playing Suikoden 1, which is an updated Famicom port, and that is why I mixed them up.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
Yeh I didnt really like No MErcy since i played too much of the nWo games. Same engine though right? Awesome games.

Top Bottom