• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games A Halogaf Community Thread: The Old Becomes New

Aug 29, 2007
Land of the OKC Thunder
What gives? I thought for sure we'd have a new update from 343, but apparently not. Maybe the end of this week?
That was good, but kind of scary. Love the background music. I could see someone do a movie or show based on the insurrection. Would be a heck of a lot easier and require less CG than anything that involves the covenenant or flood or forerunners.
It's good to see HaloGaf is still doing well. If anyone wants be to play MCC drop me a line.
Does HaloGaf still play Saturday Night customs? Those were some fun games back in the day.
What's up man. I don't think we have the numbers anymore to play customs. It's very hit or miss here. Every once in a while a couple of us will get some games in, but that's about it.
Seriously though is E3 the only time were likely to see anymore of infinite ?
It certainly feels like it. I suppose there isn't any other reason to release new info between now and then. The game won't be out until the end of the year

Last edited:

Havoc2049

Mar 30, 2011
Arizona
Anyone grinding all the Reach gear in MCC? I'm up to Tier 9 Captain. I need a double XP weekend again, as the going is getting slow. I'm starting to get some cool gear. I already have the lightning armor effect and I'm pretty close to the flaming ninja helmet effect.

I'm now 3K in the positive in my K/D. 13,896 kills vs 10,810 deaths, with a K/D ratio of 1.29. At the launch of Reach, I only had around 8k kills and I think my K/D was like 1.12 or somewhere around there.

Here is a cool little segment, ending with a triple kill and a shotgun surprise for my last victim. :messenger_winking_tongue:

• Love
Reactions: Deputy Moonman
Aug 29, 2007
Land of the OKC Thunder
It took some time but 343 finally posted their first Spotlight of 2020:

Edit:
Anyone grinding all the Reach gear in MCC? I'm up to Tier 9 Captain. I need a double XP weekend again, as the going is getting slow. I'm starting to get some cool gear. I already have the lightning armor effect and I'm pretty close to the flaming ninja helmet effect.

I'm now 3K in the positive in my K/D. 13,896 kills vs 10,810 deaths, with a K/D ratio of 1.29. At the launch of Reach, I only had around 8k kills and I think my K/D was like 1.12 or somewhere around there.

Here is a cool little segment, ending with a triple kill and a shotgun surprise for my last victim. :messenger_winking_tongue:
I swear I had replied to your post but apparently it was never submitted. That lightning armor effect is the best. I remember it taking forever just to have enough exp to unlock it. I think pestilence was a little cheaper. In your clip you posted I was trying to see if i could figure out where the guy was with invis, but to no avail. I think he was the last guy you killed with the shotgun. Too funny 😁

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2007
Land of the OKC Thunder
Well it's about time we had a community update lol. This one is pretty brief. Plans for Halo 5 through March. MCC playlist updates for Reach. The 1st Reach for PC tourney a month from now at Dreamhack in Anaheim. Some Reach flighting stuff too.

Bathtub Fart

Sep 2, 2019
While playing MCC last night I realized how sweet it will be to play Halo 2 and 3 with a higher FOV, centered crosshair, and in ultrawide 21:9. I've already replayed the trilogy to death, but this will give it even more longevity for me. Wish we had more screenshots and updates of CE. Starting to feel like we won't get Halo 2 or 3 before Infinite.

I want to enjoy Reach on PC, but the audio is really bad... Everything sounds compressed and mushy.

Last edited:

VedderOA

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
Ok so I just bought the Master Queef collection and I haven’t touched this series in eons. Six fuckin Halo games. Shit. I can’t wait to shoot up some muppets.

Should I just start with Reach since it’s the prequel and leads right into 1 or what?

I need answers, Haloheads

Havoc2049

Mar 30, 2011
Arizona
Ok so I just bought the Master Queef collection and I haven’t touched this series in eons. Six fuckin Halo games. Shit. I can’t wait to shoot up some muppets.

Should I just start with Reach since it’s the prequel and leads right into 1 or what?

I personally like to play them in order of release, but play ODST before Halo 3. You can't go wrong by going Reach, CE, 2, ODST, 3 and then 4.

Awesome pics, SpartanN92!!! I'm a weirdo and play on a QHD gaming monitor. Here is my 1440p contribution.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2007
Land of the OKC Thunder

I second ehat Havoc said. You can't really go wrong with the order, but I'd probably recommend CE first. It treats you as someone completely new to the series. When it released there was obviously no lore at the time and so it has a lot of intrigue and mystery to it. Whereas Reach assumes you've already played 3-4 halo games. So in some respects it might be better to start with CE. But if you want to do Reach first that definitely works too.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: VedderOA

VedderOA

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
Ok gonna start with CE and go from there. Rekindle those OG memories from 2001.

I remember quitting Halo 2 after you got control of the Arbiter because I thought the character switch was dumb. It was post MGS2’s bullshit and I just wasn’t having it.

Barely got through 3. Played it on its release in 07 and BioShock proved to be the better FPS experience for me at the time.

Never played Reach or ODST.

I stopped playing 4 as soon as the new enemies showed up. I thought they were boring as fuck, though the new weapons I remember looking p cool doing that transform animation.

Reactions: Deputy Moonman
Aug 29, 2007
Land of the OKC Thunder
Ok gonna start with CE and go from there. Rekindle those OG memories from 2001.

I remember quitting Halo 2 after you got control of the Arbiter because I thought the character switch was dumb. It was post MGS2’s bullshit and I just wasn’t having it.

Barely got through 3. Played it on its release in 07 and BioShock proved to be the better FPS experience for me at the time.

Never played Reach or ODST.

I stopped playing 4 as soon as the new enemies showed up. I thought they were boring as fuck, though the new weapons I remember looking p cool doing that transform animation.
Oh for some reason I was thinking you had never played Halo before. Sorry lol. I'm an idiot. I was not a fan of Halo 2's campaign as much as others. But it does have a great story. Like you, the switch to the arbiter didn't do much for me even though I love the character.

Edit: in other news - I missed this yesterday:

Last edited:
Reactions: Bathtub Fart