• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Halogaf Community Thread: The Old Becomes New

Aug 29, 2007
Land of the OKC Thunder
MCC Development update is out. They Postums discusses where things are at with Reach flighting and development. There is a nice Q&A section. They also working on having updates on Reach flighting become more routine so fans can know when to expect them and see where things are at at the end of each week.

Edit: I played 2 games today in social slayer. The first was awful and in the second game this happened. What a difference one game can make lol.

Last edited:
  • Praise the Sun
Reactions: RSB
Aug 29, 2007
Land of the OKC Thunder
These were from a couple days ago but news is pretty slow. Check out the update to the Halo 5 action sack playlist. Some really cool custom games being made by forgers.

Also another community spotlight:

Aug 29, 2007
Land of the OKC Thunder
Dreamhack in Montreal just finished up but I don't think 343 had a presence there and no halo news was to be found.

Here is a repost of remaining gaming events where we could potentially get more Halo Infinite or Reach news:

1) Tokyo Gameshow - September 11-15 (unlikely? I don't think MS or 343 do much there)

2) PAX Australia in Melbourne - October 11-13

3) EGX in London - October 17-20 womp womp...

4) Paris Games Week - October 30 - November 3

5) X019 in London - November14-16 (should be good. I have high hopes for this year)

6) PAX Unplugged Philadelphia, PA - December 6-8

7) Dream Hack in Jönköping, Sweden - December 13-15

Also, I'm out of town visiting family. Completely forgot about the UGC Halo 3 Classic event. Guess I missed it yesterday and day before.

Last edited:

Bathtub Fart

Neo Member
Sep 2, 2019
Does anyone else have frequently atrocious hit reg on the MCC? Really wish that would get ironed out. Other games are fine. There's a video on YouTube that demonstrates that every game pings to a relay server first and then to the server hosting the game, which obviously increases the latency. I don't think I can get around that on my router.

Aug 29, 2007
Land of the OKC Thunder
Does anyone else have frequently atrocious hit reg on the MCC? Really wish that would get ironed out. Other games are fine. There's a video on YouTube that demonstrates that every game pings to a relay server first and then to the server hosting the game, which obviously increases the latency. I don't think I can get around that on my router.
I have run into that issue with HCE, but it comes and goes. There are some games where I feel like I'm on fire and can't miss, and there are other games where I feel like I'm getting robbed with every encounter. 343 continues to work on random bugs and issues, so let's hope they figure it out.

CurryPanda

Formerly 'CyberPanda' formerly ‘CurryPanda’
Mar 4, 2019
Hello boys and girls! Community Update is out:

I really hate the layout of that website. I miss the good ol' Bungie website from back in the day.