• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Hat in Time Kickstarter. Wind Waker-styled 3D platformer, PC/Mac/possibly Wii U

Lijik

What makes this game stand out exactly? Not to be a debbie downer, but it all looks pretty mediocre, while copying elements from a few Nintendo games. The gameplay looks floaty, the world not very interesting. I admit I only watched a few videos though.

Being a exploratory adventure platformer in a time where there aren't a lot of those helps it stand out a lot I think.
I agree with your points though. Im keeping an eye on it because I love platformers, but Im not particularly excited about it. Feels like it does too much "Hey remember Wind Waker? Remember Mario Sunshine? Remember Banjo??" and not enough standing on its own two feet.

Fisico

I really hope this finds its way to the PS4. It should be a very easy port from the PC version.

Well first they're trying Wii U, after that who knows.

Have we got any word regarding the Wii U version btw ?
Other than the "We'd like to" at the beginning of the KS I didn't see anything ever since

Vexxan

Nice to see this project go all the way, wonder if they'll add any last minute stretch goals since the last days of a kickstarter is when a lot of people finally make their pledge.

afoni

Banned
I have a preview piece up on this, but for the sake of my identity I am going to remain completely anonymous.

Pleased that we're getting a proper hub world though.

I really hope this finds its way to the PS4. It should be a very easy port from the PC version.
I think if a bigger publisher picks it up, it'll go multiplatform. Maybe PS3/360 over PS4/Xbone though.

I could see Ubisoft going for it actually. Like they did Cloudberry Kingdom.

dangeROSS

I broke down and backed this. Thank you GAF for bringing this to my attention. I am still a bit unsure about Kickstarter in general, but a 3D collect-a-thon like this is totally up my alley. I look forward to playing some platforming goodness.

batbeg

I assume unless a first party publisher picks it up, that if any oublisher picking this up will want it on as many platforms as possible, not just Wii U.

stretchgoals_grant.png

For every $15,000, we'll be able to provide Mr. Kirkhope with the (incredibly generous!) amount he requires, as well as add an additional enemy, upgrade or NPC to the game!! If you want to make a Grant Kirkhope playlist for A Hat in Time possible, we wanted to provide everyone with a last chance to make it possible!

Thank you once again to Mr. Kirkhope to make this last drive possible! Please keep in mind he's only human though, so in the event we end up with an overwhelming amount of tunes, we'll put a lot more of it into gameplay variety!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../520681?ref=email&show_token=8a7133f6e0dbd700

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Beautiful!! Still crossing my fingers for dat Wii U version.

I think they should focus completely on PC version first, make it as best as they can.

and when they are done with PC and give us a good product then they can think about other versions, small devs should not bother with multiple versions as it don't usually end well.

trixx

Game seems to be sunshine and windwaker put togetherbut not as fluid as either of those games granted Cosmo is playing on a very early build I'm guessing

Game seems to be sunshine and windwaker put togetherbut not as fluid as either of those games granted Cosmo is playing on a very early build I'm guessing

He's also playing with xpadder wasd mapped 8 direction movement instead of actual analog control cause he wanted to use a gamecube controller.

Main thing that looks off to me in this prototype right now is the camera.

lol, He's never gonna get through this challenge, is he?

He's doing good enough with the rest of the stage that he could probably skip this last jump that he keeps dying at and do it the longer way and still beat the ghost. But he'll keep trying this jump till he gets it...

versa7il

Watching Cosmo stream this game right now. Ive been waiting forever for a platformer like this one. This is the type of game that Rare should be making.

Top Bottom