• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A new found appreciation for Silent Hill 4

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
There are no bad games in the series in my opinion, at least if you see the games for what they are. Still, everyone who played the first three will see Homecoming as a rehash of SH2, plagued by a general misunderstandment of what made SH2 so great in first place. It's not a terrible game though, but definitely the weakest in the series by far.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I got SH4 not long after release, but just a few days after I beat SH3, aaaaaaaaaand it was ok.

I didn't like that much the characters. It's easier than 3. The bosses don't have much of creativity. The room is shoved as a hub, but feels kinda weird that it is - I mean, you got locked up real good, but that's pretty much it...

I beated and I never played again.

It's not like 3 is way better, but 4 felt like a spinoff that you can hear on YouTube and play other games

ZombieTech

Neo Member
4 was, hrm, alright -- even though I understood their reasoning with going with sort of a "trapped" concept, it was definitely a pro/con balance as it pulled away from town exploration and the like.

They managed to keep it creepy, and it drove me nuts enough in the fact that constraint in an open-world game tends to seem kinda bonkers. :p

Still, think my favorite will always be 2. Always wished Silent Hill might come back around one day with an insanely large/creepy open world (perhaps like in Dead Rising 3), and done in a more modern photo-realistic graphics engine. -_-

Last edited:
Top Bottom