• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A New Trailer for Amazon Prime Fallout has been released

Roberts

I don’t watch any tv series anymore unless it is whatever Jody Hill and David Gordon Green decide to make, but this looks kind of…fun, especially when compared to trailers for other videogame adaptations (Halo, TLOU, Twisted Metal), I am midly curious to check out the pilot.

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
Talk about generic run-of-the-mill apocalyptic premise. This is fallout, not The Walking Dead.
The Walking Dead has been nominated by (and won) many prestigious awards such as

- writers guild of America awards
-golden globes
-american film Institute awards
-saturn awards
-critics choice television awards
-primetime Emmy awards

And more. This show probably dreams about being something near as successful as the Walking Dead. Let's see how many awards Fallout wins.

Last edited:
The Walking Dead has been nominated by (and won) many prestigious awards such as

-golden globes
-saturn awards
-primetime Emmy awards

And more. This show probably dreams about being something near as successful as the Walking Dead. Let's see how many awards Fallout wins.
I couldn't care less about awards. Making Fallout into a serious and dramatic survival TV show is not what the IP is about at all.

-golden globes
-saturn awards
-primetime Emmy awards

hey, so has the sopranos, the wire, & the office, eh? fallout is fallout. it ain't the walking dead, which ain't the sopranos. not sure what your point is. that the walking dead zombie apocalypse scenario isn't generic? you'd have to go back to the original Romero movie series to make that claim. not to mention: just being generic doesn't necessarily make something bad...

StueyDuck

You didnt play the second one did you?
i did, many years ago, i don't remember the story being whackadoodle "oh so random" type humor.

this trailer to me is what people who only saw the comical pipboy ads and thought that is what the fallout franchise is like.

like sure besides some sidequests the mainline story in most the games is pretty level headed.

StereoVsn

Considering what Amazon has done to LotR & WoT, this will probably be a burning truckload of genital herpes, but I'll remain cautiously optimistic until I'm proven right.
Yep, that’s what I am anticipating as well. Hopefully I will also be absolutely wrong, but kind of doubt it.

TheShocker

I bet MS is regretting their Halo series right about now. Could have gone so much better than it did... hopefully whoever was responsible for driving that is gone now and we can get a better series in a decade or so.
I don’t think they are. If you look at anything that the idiots at 343i put out, they seem to praise and back the series.

It’s a shame, because the production quality and designs seem really good. Even the acting is okay. It’s the story that is just absolutely ridiculous. MC hasn’t been in his suit at all this season. Insane.

Roni

Gold Member
I liked what I saw from the trailer, also can't go wrong with Jonathan Nolan; Westworld was fire and HBO should've let the final season go through...

dorkimoe

So far most of Amazon shows have been duds. Rings of Power anyone? Or Wheel of Time?

We can hope this one will be better but I am skeptical.
I enjoyed wheel of time. I don’t know anything about the backstory though. Lord of the rings has been ok too. I always watch them as just an expansion of the universe. So many people want word for word books to movie

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I enjoyed wheel of time. I don’t know anything about the backstory though. Lord of the rings has been ok too. I always watch them as just an expansion of the universe. So many people want word for word books to movie
In rings of powers case it's literally fanfiction. Not based on any of Tolkiens written word.

Show looks mid at best. Good in some areas bad in others.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I know this is a joke post, but for the ones taking this post seriously, the protagonist was naive, taken advantage of, betrayed, and captured multiple times in the trailer. For those who are outspoken here about not being a fan of Mary Sues, so far it doesn't look like she is one at all.
Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

Durin

Neo Member
As always with video game adaptations, I'll wait a month or so after release to see if there is any basic consensus that it's actually decent, and not just trailer hype.

I'll keep my expectations at a neutral zero.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Goggins was cooking, while everyone else was straight up george foreman grilling.
I'm all the way in because

1- I'm a Fallout whore.

2- Walton Goggins.

Bro, stole my comment! They should make him the face of the series. She does nothing for me and doesn't do a good job of making it look like she roughing it out in the wastes.
Goggins had better scene previews than all of them.

Last edited:

The Fartist

Gold Member
Goggins was cooking, while everyone else was straight up george foreman grilling.

Bro, stole my comment! They should make him the face of the series. She does nothing for me and doesn't do a good job of making it look like she roughing it out in the wastes.
Goggins had better scene previews than all of them.
Yeah, that chick would get enslaved into the whorin' business the second she steps out of the vault, she's way too pretty for The Wasteland. I'm excited for the show, might knock a few off to her in the meantime.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
Looks absolutely fantastic and far better than that first teaser trailer. This is clearly "Bethesda's Fallout" and clearly is the "campy apocalypse" of the series and I'm all for it. I'm also pretty impressed with the VFX work; again, everything still looks goofy as fuck - especially the Vault dwellers - but it feels "right" and accurate.

. . .I'm sure it won't go like this, but if they make this an anthology series and aren't fixed to having one cast, they could have a repeat winner on their hands (and a way to keep the stories fresh).

Or you're reading intent in a sentence meant to highlight the (relative, depending on the Vault you're in) safety of the Vaults versus the nightmare on the surface.
" 200 years after the apocalypse, the gentle denizens of luxury fallout shelters are forced to return to the irradiated hellscape their ancestors left behind"
I don't think im reading too much into it. The only explanation would be the real reasons why the vaults were built is some kind of end of season revelation but then why put "luxury" fallout shelters not just fallout shelters. The word luxury is totally out of place. Writers put it here knowingly (i mean they knew they wanted to tell us about class privilege and the poor man's struggle, from the top of their smelly hollywood ivory towers, but they seem to know nothing nor care about the game Tim Cain created)
Thanks for gaslighting me anyway ;)

Dazraell

Looks better than I expected, but I'm still weary about it. Will definitely give it a chance and watch it though. Jonathan Nolan is a very talented showrunner and I loved his past work (Person of Interest, Westworld), but his recent output for Amazon (The Peripheral) was kinda mediocre. And later seasons of Westworld were definitely weaker than first

Legit question: is there one live adaptation series that you guys consider actually good and faithful?
I evade these series like the plague, so all my knowledge comes from friends that watched some (and they even barely know the games) and end up telling me they're trash

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
Like pretty much all of these big adaptions for the streaming networks only the first and final episodes will be any good, everything in-between will be boring, padded out filler.

Laptop1991

So from the trailer, looks like the NCR got nuked and are now a rag tag band of basically mercs fighting the Brotherhood and apparently House is still around, so his ending must be canon from New Vegas, looking forward to finding out how these events happened.

drotahorror

I don’t watch any tv series anymore unless it is whatever Jody Hill and David Gordon Green decide to make, but this looks kind of…fun, especially when compared to trailers for other videogame adaptations (Halo, TLOU, Twisted Metal), I am midly curious to check out the pilot.

Watch Curb. I don't like Larry David as a person but the show is great, especially if you love Eastbound and Down, Vice Principles, Righteous Gemstones, etc. E&D is my favorite show of all time and Curb is really good. It can be hit and miss sometimes though.

" 200 years after the apocalypse, the gentle denizens of luxury fallout shelters are forced to return to the irradiated hellscape their ancestors left behind"
I don't think im reading too much into it. The only explanation would be the real reasons why the vaults were built is some kind of end of season revelation but then why put "luxury" fallout shelters not just fallout shelters. The word luxury is totally out of place. Writers put it here knowingly (i mean they knew they wanted to tell us about class privilege and the poor man's struggle, from the top of their smelly hollywood ivory towers, but they seem to know nothing nor care about the game Tim Cain created)
Thanks for gaslighting me anyway ;)
Except for extreme cases, for someone like a ghoul who has been surviving just barely in the outside barren wasteland, living in a fallout shelter could be considered a luxury.

Gojiira

You didnt play the second one did you?
Clearly neither did you, the MAIN plot in both F1 and 2 is serious and the world itself is presented as such. F2 had wackier side content and random events and more pop culture references but the world building, the atmosphere etc was much much darker.

Top Bottom