• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A New Trailer for Amazon Prime Fallout has been released

Draugoth

Gold Member

new-poster-for-the-fallout-show-v0-6uke3dd3fxmc1.jpeg

Based on one of the greatest video game series of all time, Fallout is the story of haves and have-nots in a world in which there’s almost nothing left to have. 200 years after the apocalypse, the gentle denizens of luxury fallout shelters are forced to return to the irradiated hellscape their ancestors left behind — and are shocked to discover an incredibly complex, gleefully weird and highly violent universe waiting for them. From executive producers Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy, the creators of Westworld, starring Ella Purnell, Aaron Moten, Walton Goggins and more. All episodes arrive April 11 on Prime Video.

Last edited:

Laptop1991

Looks promising, i'm still in, but i'm not sure they have got the vibe just right yet, and that Mr Handy isn't very Codsworth like lol, and Bobblehead's from Fallout 3 that wern't in New Vegas, now they are in the west coast at last.

Last edited:
Looks decent. But why that fuck there is massive chromatic aberration in the trailer. Ruined. Hope the final image looks clean from that garbage. :messenger_poop:

Toots

Gold Member
the gentle denizens of luxury fallout shelters are forced to return to the irradiated hellscape their ancestors left behind
This sentence shows a grave misunderstanding of the source material (Vault Tec did not build vaults to shelter the wealthy), but it will enable the writers of the show to check the privileges of wealthy heterosexuals so i guess it was a necessary sacrifice...

Denton

Definitely looks like adaptation of Bethesda's Fallout.

But I am still cautiously optimistic, I just love that world even after Beth's bastardization of it.

Strategize

Looks like the kind of show that will be a good fun and entertaining romp for the majority of normal functioning people. Which a handful of nerds hate because like 10-20% of the lore isn't accurate to the source material and try to make a mountain out of a molehill out of it, then they'll pump out a few rage bait videos saying it's woke or some shit whatever that means.

Anyway, good trailer.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
Looks like the kind of show that will be a good fun and entertaining romp for the majority of normal functioning people. Which a handful of nerds hate because like 10-20% of the lore isn't accurate to the source material and try to make a mountain out of a molehill out of it, then they'll pump out a few rage bait videos saying it's woke or some shit whatever that means.

Anyway, good trailer.
Im the nerd who said they made a grave misunderstanding of the source material. I showed you why. It's not a small piece of unimportant lore, it is one of the fundamental traits of characters of Vault tec, a supremely important entity in the Fallout universe.
If the colours looks good to you great, i don't really care about the colours i care about the story. I guess im not made for netflix/D+/amazon video shallow style of storytelling and directing (i have amazon prime so i'll check the series anyway).
All in all im a nerd because i first played fallout when i was a child and it stuck with me, universe and all. Im glad im a nerd then, it's better than being a drone.

I trust in Jonathan Nolan. Person of Interest was one of the best shows ever.
Yes, I stopped watching network shows a long time ago, and figured this was another cookie cutter network procedural, and turned out to be one of my all time favorite shows. The caveat to that is he also did West World which turned into a huge steaming pile after a decent but not great 1st season.

Last edited:
I don't know the games much, so I cannot except anything in particular. I am not sold on all the dialog bits in the trailer, but it looks more cinema worthy than TV-Shows need to, imho. I guess since Band of Brothers TV-shows have to rival their big picture relatives and can't anymore just be charming, and clever or whatever the shows of my childhood and youth were.

Top Bottom