• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout TV show teaser trailer

DKehoe

Based on one of the greatest video game series of all time, Fallout is the story of haves and have-nots in a world in which there’s almost nothing left to have. 200 years after the apocalypse, the gentle denizens of luxury fallout shelters are forced to return to the irradiated hellscape their ancestors left behind — and are shocked to discover an incredibly complex, gleefully weird and highly violent universe waiting for them. From executive producers Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy, the creators of Westworld, starring Ella Purnell, Aaron Moten, Walton Goggins and more. Arriving April 12 on Prime Video.

Laieon

Not Penny's Fallout.

image.png

gothmog

Gold Member
Looks better than what I was expecting. The writing is going to be what makes it a hit or not.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Woah, that's an exciting trailer. Hope the actual show's this good. I'll give it a try for sure.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This seems…. actually good? Nice. Big fan of the lead too, she was Jinx in Arcane. Good actor.

Trunx81

Monster CGI seems rough, but the rest looks good .. and they got Ben from Lost and Person of Interest, so I am intrigued.

Also: Acclaimed video game creator TODD

Laptop1991

Looks promising, and Michael Emerson is a big plus, hopefully it will live up to expectation's, not fully convinced by the trailer so far.

Rockondevil

Love Fallout and this trailer is good.
It’s definitely got me for at least a few episodes and hopefully the whole season if it’s half decent.

A shame it looks like Michael Emerson is only in one episode, I love that man.

HoodWinked

I hate the way these Amazon shows look like Rings of Power it's hard to describe but it looks too clean. It makes them look like they came out of their commercial advertising department. I don't know how you solve this maybe a better DP or editing not sure.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Season 1 = great
Season 2 = incredible
Season 3 first half = way too slow
Season 3 second half = okay
Season 4 first half = okay
Season 4 second half/finale = Metal Gear Solid 2
Is this a controversial opinion? If not maybe I need to come back to this….

Is this a controversial opinion? If not maybe I need to come back to this….
A lot of people stopped either halfway through season 3 or at the end of season 2, so they don’t know where the story went and didn’t bother to find out.

I will agree with them that most of season 3 was quite boring, but at the end of season 3 and after the buildup of season 4, they decided to just go full on bonkers with everything that was going on in the entire plot. Some of the final confrontations and reveals felt like I was playing MGS 2 and learning about lalilulelo, liquid ocelot, solidus snake, Raiden’s backstory, etc. all over again. And much like a Metal Gear title I came away from the ending being not sure of who entirely was right and who was wrong.

I’m not going to promote the show. If you don’t want to slog through season 3 then that’s fine. I just personally enjoyed the payoff a lot.

Haven’t seen this YouTuber in a while. I stopped following because he went down a rabbit hole and kept letting outside factors and politics influence his video game reviews. He also kept being wrong about facts and would use the excuse of ‘raw review’ to justify this.

Is he still doing that or has he improved?

Last edited:
It looks serviceable, but O.K. I am not keen on them keeping on with the fucking Female Mains. They are doing it so much, these days, that it's more than noticeable. It's Annoying.

Ulysses 31

Haven’t seen this YouTuber in a while. I stopped following because he went down a rabbit hole and kept letting outside factors and politics influence his video game reviews. He also kept being wrong about facts and would use the excuse of ‘raw review’ to justify this.

Is he still doing that or has he improved?
He's still into pointing out wokeness he sees, I haven't seen him going deep into a game story analysis like with Ragnarök so maybe that's a result of how much he got called out with that one.

Top Bottom