• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A way to play 4 swords multiplayer without the gba's

neptunes

5screens.jpg

Dyne

That's no fair for Four Swords, because then you'd see what they're doing in dungeons. That could be disadvantageous in some parts.

kiryogi

Banned
Dyne said:
That's no fair for Four Swords, because then you'd see what they're doing in dungeons. That could be disadvantageous in some parts.
That's where you rush in and fight for the loot! :D

And bah to anyone that thinks this is stupid. That is just plain awesome IF you can pull it off. (Which is how connectivity is in general)

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
What I find amusing was the the folks who did that claimed that their entire point was to play FFCC without having to pay extra for GBA systems (insert obligatory "curse Nintendo" message here, linking to Penny Arcade comic)...

However, one would think that purchasing 3 additional GC systems with GBA PLayers would surely outweigh the cost of 3 GBA systems with link cables...

DDayton

The Faceless Master said:
did you manage to not read the part of the article on how they already owned the gamecubes, tv's, etc?

If I understood correctly, they expressed anger about Nintendo "unfairly" trying to make them purchase four GBA systems, thus raking in $400. The complaint seemed to be about Nintendo attempting to "exploit" them.

What I find funny is that the cost of 4 additional GC systems and 4 GB Players ($600) is clearly more expensive than the 4 GBA systems, and represents more money going -to Nintendo-.

If the complaint is that Nintendo is trying to cash in on its consumers, creating an alternate configuration which uses much more expensive hardware does little to "stick it to the man".

(Yes, the hardware was already purchased, but the end result is that Nintendo has -still- made more money of those guys than they would off 4 folks who were just using GBA systems with the game).

I did a similar thing to play Four Swords, but subbing camcorder screens for two of the tvs, and a GBA and SP for the other two tvs.

miyuru

DavidDayton said:
Yes, the hardware was already purchased, but the end result is that Nintendo has -still- made more money of those guys than they would off 4 folks who were just using GBA systems with the game).

Remove that stick from your ass.

It's not like FFCC was even announed when they bought their 'Cubes. The reality is, they didn't force themselves go buy *more* Nintendo products, but just used what they already had.

It's pathetic when you're preaching logic to posters.

DDayton

Sigh. I'm just saying it sounded like a silly "moral" arguement on their part... they seemed less concerned about the cost and more concerned about the assumed injustice in being forced to use GBA systems.

Top Bottom