• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AC:Unity Hype Thread/Everything We Know So Far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButchCat

Man these soundtracks are bland which is a shame because everything else looks promising, please bring back Jesper Kyd! We need more along the lines of Venice Rooftops and Ezio's Family.

sjay1994

Honestly reading some of the interviews for this game, it sounds like unity was supposed to be AC4.

AC4 only started development in 2011, because ubi singapore realized they had something with the naval combat, and they wanted to make it into something full rather than something simply on the side.

sjay1994

kid arno confirmed

acu_screen_77_sp_arnoandelise_children_gc_140813_10amcet_1407889477.jpg

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Unfairly picked... well, guess who showed a video that made people think it was a full 4-players experience... seriously...
That said, I'm pretty sad that it's not a full co-op experience, especially given the first video.
I don't understand why these kind of info/details aren't well explained from the very beginning.
They had also "failed" to mention no more multiplayer... so I guess it was just a thick-cloud smoke-bomb kind of reveal o_O'
Ubisoft revealed that we only play as Arno and that Unity has no multiplayer not even a day after Unity's e3 gameplay debut. And no rev deserves harassment/accusations of misogyny/sexism based off of nothing but assumptions and conjecture. The creative director even had to delete his twitter due to an onslaught of insults.

Crossing Eden

Not true. You don't need PS+ for playing Warframe. It's up to Ubisoft to decide whether the forced coop in singleplayer is free to play or not.
Co-op is not forced, any mission in the game can be played solo. Pretty sure that's in the OP.
Man these soundtracks are bland which is a shame because everything else looks promising, please bring back Jesper Kyd! We need more along the lines of Venice Rooftops and Ezio's Family.
A slightly different version of Ezio's family appears in the game.

Sweet Ivy

What are you talking about. The coop reveal was made at the xbox conference at E3.
I saw that conference and when did they explain how the co-op worked?
Maybe I missed it.
I did see Ubisoft's conference, but I don't remember them explaining how the co-op worked either and that there wasn't any MP.

Maybe I missed it.
I did see Ubisoft's conference, but I don't remember them explaining how the co-op worked either and that there wasn't any MP.

They had a bunch of interviews during E3 that explained how the system worked.

Sweet Ivy

Btw I agree with the interviewer about the accents.

While Armancio explanation makes sense from a pragmatic point of view, no French accent will detract from the immersion and experience.
Just think about Ezio without the Italian accent, it wouldn't have been the same charismatic character. Arno will be missing some character without a French accent.

Crossing Eden

Maybe I missed it.
They explained it multiple times in each one of the nearly identical interviews with the developers.

IcyEyes

What are you talking about. The coop reveal was made at the xbox conference at E3 and then the single player was shown shortly after at the Ubisoft conference. This is actually the first I have ever heard someone being confused by what the game actually was.

And as for the "unfairly picked on" comment. The interviewer was simply stating that there are far more franchises that should have the fingers pointed at them. The AC franchise has been know to have a very diverse cast of lead characters throughout the series.

Forced Co-op? You don't have to play it. And all the co-op missions can be played solo.

I'm another one that was confused about their announcement and please, be more polite.

Sweet Ivy

They explained it multiple times in each one of the nearly identical interviews with the developers.
During the E3 conferences?
Ok, maybe I was just deaf because I wanted so bad for it to be a full co-op experience.

If you're talking about post-reveal interviews, sure, that's where I found out about it as well.

Sweet Ivy

Ubisoft revealed that we only play as Arno and that Unity has no multiplayer not even a day after Unity's e3 gameplay debut. And no rev deserves harassment/accusations of misogyny/sexism based off of nothing but assumptions and conjecture. The creative director even had to delete his twitter due to an onslaught of insults.
Harassment is never justified, so I do condemn that kind of reaction regardless.

That's exactly the point, AFTER the reveal they HAD to explain, because they reveal wasn't that clear (otherwise there wouldn't be need to explain).

That's the only think I'm trying to say.
The reveal itself could have been far more explanatory from the very beginning. If they had CLEARLY explained all the game details from the very start/reveal, there would have been no misunderstanding.

Of course you may decide that everyone has the time and dedication to listen to/read ALL interviews about a franchise, rather than focus on the reveal only...

Crossing Eden

During the E3 conferences?
Ok, maybe I was just deaf because I wanted so bad for it to be a full co-op experience.

If you're talking about post-reveal interviews, sure, that's where I found out about it as well.
It is. Read the OP. You can fully explore the world with your friends and tackle missions that aren't the dedicated brotherhood missions. Each player can also highly customize their Arno with over 200 outfit pieces, meaning around 40+ outfits that can all be upgraded. Skill trees included.
Harassment is never justified, so I do condemn that kind of reaction regardless.

That's exactly the point, AFTER the reveal they HAD to explain, because they reveal wasn't that clear (otherwise there wouldn't be need to explain).

That's the only think I'm trying to say.
The reveal itself could have been far more explanatory from the very beginning. If they had CLEARLY explained all the game details from the very start/reveal, there would have been no misunderstanding.

Of course you may decide that everyone has the time and dedication to listen to/read ALL interviews about a franchise, rather than focus on the reveal only...
Devs only have a very short time to show off a game on stage. You can't stay and talk about all of the game'a details when there's other games to show and plenty of interviews coming up later that will give you a chance to explain things in depth.

IcyEyes

That is my same point of view.

It is. Read the OP. You can fully explore the world with your friends and tackle missions that aren't the dedicated brotherhood missions. Each player can also highly customize their Arno with over 200 outfit pieces, meaning around 40+ outfits that can all be upgraded. Skill trees included.

I read and this is sound pretty promising, but I will wait to see how this really work.

Devs only have a very short time to show off a game on stage. You can't stay and talk about all of the game'a details when there's other games to show and plenty of interviews coming up later that will give you a chance to explain things in depth.

Sure, but still, the reveal wasn't too clear. I'm an hardcore gamer, I play almost everything I can play on every platform and I don't have the time to follow any interview for any games I with to play, so that's why the "main" reveal is crucial to me !

Btw, I didn't know about the harassment ... Pretty sad and disgusting, some people have serious problem.

Crossing Eden

Sure, but still, the reveal wasn't too clear. I'm an hardcore gamer, I play almost everything I can play on every platform and I don't have the time to follow any interview for any games I with to play, so that's why the "main" reveal is crucial to me !

Btw, I didn't know about the harassment ... Pretty sad and disgusting, some people have serious problem.
The reveal could have be more clear but it would've taken away time from other products that needed to be shown. That's how expos work.

IcyEyes

The reveal could have be more clear but it would've taken away time from other products that needed to be shown. That's how expos work.

I know how the expos works and I know how a reveal "should" be done, that's why I'm not surprised about the not-so-much-clear reveal. I mean, this happens to almost any video games!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
kid arno confirmed

acu_screen_77_sp_arnoandelise_children_gc_140813_10amcet_1407889477.jpg

In the Gamescom video the Ubi rep says that a personal tragedy is what sets Arno on his path to align with the assassins, so I'm guessing the opening of the game will play out similarly, in terms of narrative beats, to AssCreed 2.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm still betting on Arno dying and the player controlling Elise like halfway through the game.

This isn't Kojima. They are not trolling when they say we won't play as a female character.

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm still betting on Arno dying and the player controlling Elise like halfway through the game.

They should pull an Arkham City and have the game switch to Elise at certain points during the story.

Then come out with a press statement that reads nothing but "FUCK YOU", and the game director stating in an interview that they were planning this all along but didn't want to spoil anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom