• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

According to EGM, Next-gen NBA Street 4/Dirty Harry/Forza 2 media is coming soon?

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
On page 105 of the Aug. 2006 issue of EGM(#207) they mention these games in the preview section of next months issue (#208 on sale Aug. 15th)

Previews

Sonic Wild Fire

NBA Street 4 (PS3/XB360)

Dirty Harry(PS3/XB360)

Marvel:Ultimate Alliance (multi)

Forza Motorsport 2 (XB360)

So it would seem we are, at the most, two weeks away from seeing in game shots of NBA street 4 and Forza 2.....at least I hope so...

Also it seems like next month will have a Dead Rising review:

Reviews

Okimi (PS2)

Madden NFL 2007 (Multi)

Valkyrie Profile 2: Simeria (PS2)

Dead Rising (XB360)

Harvest Moon DS (DS)

Could be a good ish :)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Sugarman said:
VP2 review? Isn't that like a few months early?

It's a month early. I'm surprised it's been done for so long. S-E shoulda put it out in August.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Akia said:
Why are you so sad?

Afraid Okami will out score Zelda?

Okami is a game that I've been interested in for over a year, and I hope it gets good scores all around, and sells well so that more games of the like can be made. Making the world a better place for gamers.

But yes, the Zelda thing is mainly it.

Gigglepoo

Whoa! Gears of War sounds awesome!

By the way - does it sadden anyway else that knowledge of sarcasm and reading comprehension are disappearing at a rapid rate?

BTW - Forza 2 media? Um... I can take a guess at what it will look like... cars. On a road.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
as great as it will be to see forza 2 media, i'm dying to see nba street next-gen. this series has alwaysbeen a blast and looked quite good to boot. dont let me down EA

EGM has a bad habit of sticking stuff in the review/preview catagories, and then not actually having them in the next issue.

Cause,you know, "all editorial content is subject to change" - which means they'll do whatever they want.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
op_ivy said:
as great as it will be to see forza 2 media, i'm dying to see nba street next-gen. this series has alwaysbeen a blast and looked quite good to boot. dont let me down EA

Yeah....I too am really looking forward to NBA Street 4 on X360/PS3.....with only 6 players on screen at once, the player models should be really detailed :D

Amir0x

Banned
also i just wanted to say that Dirty Harry looked like the worst thing ever created with the video they showed

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Kleegamefan said:
Yeah....I too am really looking forward to NBA Street 4 on X360/PS3.....with only 6 players on screen at once, the player models should be really detailed :D

i really hope they keep the artstyle of the others... i imagine next gen could do some really fancy graphical effects to pull off the old box art in 3d.

nba%20street%202%20cover.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Gigglepoo said:
BTW - Forza 2 media? Um... I can take a guess at what it will look like... cars. On a road.

Its the first proper next gen racing game. For fans of racing games, we get a glimpse of what next-gen might really offer, and set the bar for Gran Turismo to aim at. Its an important release for both MS and Sony.

I'm actually really surprised that - considering how many racing games there are on PS2 compared to Xbox - that Xbox has my pick (rallisport 1, PGR2, Rallisport 2, forza shows promise)

Gigglepoo

mrklaw said:
Its the first proper next gen racing game. For fans of racing games, we get a glimpse of what next-gen might really offer, and set the bar for Gran Turismo to aim at. Its an important release for both MS and Sony.

I'm not discounting the actual game, just screenshots. I'm sure they will look exactly how people imagine they will look. Racing games rarely surprise.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
chinmonster said:
Why is everyone so excited about Dead Rising? I just don't get the appeal, I guess.

People were excited about State of Emergency and we all know how good that game is...

Aaron

Wario64 said:
People were excited about State of Emergency and we all know how good that game is...
It's a good thing that Dead Rising is almost nothing like SOE then, isn't it?

Speevy

Banned
I'm excited about Dead Rising because it looks awesome. It reminds me of one of those games you'd play when you were 11 or 12, and invite your friends over to see it.

Amir0x

Banned
chinmonster said:
An overall lack of substance, maybe?

since when does killing zombies need substance?

besides you can find books around to improve your skills and also take erotic photos

Amir0x said:
since when does killing zombies need substance?

besides you can find books around to improve your skills and also take erotic photos
:lol It just... sounds like such an XLA game to me. I'll reserve most of my judgements until I actually play it, though...

anybody know what studio does NBA Street?

This should be dropping about March 2007, eh...so they are probably in the thick of things right now...i hope its really good

Full NBA Rosters please:D

DMczaf

jordan0386 said:
anybody know what studio does NBA Street?

This should be dropping about March 2007, eh...so they are probably in the thick of things right now...i hope its really good

Full NBA Rosters please:D

NuFX/EA Chicago made NBA Street 1 and 2

EA Canada made NBA Street 3, and I think they are making NBA Street 4.

hmm...i saw the shift from 2 to 3...3 seemed kinda dark...dribbling system is hot...but they need more getting crossed animations...and more player chatter would be neat

Crazy how EA Canada fudges up Live 05 and 06, but does a good job with Streets 3...ah well...imo

FightyF

Banned
chinmonster said:
Why is everyone so excited about Dead Rising? I just don't get the appeal, I guess.

Because it's freaking awesome? What? You don't like awesome?

Seriously though, it's not gonna be for everyone. It's like Crazy Taxi. I'm one of those who spent over $100 in the arcade playing that game, played the heck out of the console version, etc. It's the same with games like Pac-Man. It's a simple game, easy to pick up and play, it's somewhat repetitive but the reason why we still play it is because it gets more challenging.

Top Bottom