• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 6 out Sept 8th, demo on August 25

http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/...ase-date-demo-confirmation-and-more-game-info

No matter if you’re a rookie attorney or a courtroom ace, you’re sure to be excited about today’s news – we’ve just confirmed Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice will launch on the Nintendo 3DS eShop as a digital download on September 8th, 2016! If you can’t wait that long to start playing the latest in the series, we’ve got even more news that’s sure to delight – a demo for Spirit of Justice will be available for download through the Nintendo eShop on August 25th, 2016! It’s the perfect chance to get a first taste of the Kingdom of Khura’in’s local flavor for yourself and experience both the new Divination Séance mechanic as well as Séance Trials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC5_a4UKznY

FluxWaveZ

Finally, some details. Really cool to hear we'll be getting the demo this time as well. Also glad that it's not late September, but early.

Really hope we get a lot of the significant downloadable content, too.

Wut!

That's awesome. Any info on EU..?

It's a simultaneous release.

Neoxon

A shame that it's DD-only again, but I suppose it's better than nothing.

Can't wait to bust out my 3DS for this.

ggx2ac

Hehehe, Welcome To the family, son.

FTFY.

Now I feel a bit better.

I have space on the SD card, but I don't like filling it up if there was the option of getting a physical copy.

If I was using hypothetically a 512GB SD card this would be no problem, but I got quite a lot of games filled up in a 32GB SD card.

Edit: in case the 512GB didn't make sense. I'm saying I would have just gone all digital then.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Great to hear. I thought it would be coming out later than that.

Dunno what people have against digital downloads, but it's better than nothing.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
uhhhhhwwwwhhuuuutttttt?

That was... completely out of nowhere.

I'm in. Obviously. It's been 3 years since the last one (that we got stateside)!

Genio88

Booom great news! i bought a 2DS for this game, now i'm enjoying Mario and Rhythm Heaven, gonna start vs Layton soon and sept 8th i'll pick this up and enjoy it just in time before the "mess" which will start sep 30th with FFXV followed by Gears 4, Mafia 3, Titanfall 2 etc

I hope it's better than the last one. It was good enough, but nowhere near the preceding games, DLC case aside.

Getting it and all DLC day one though. I'm a sucker for this series.

Dunno what people have against digital downloads, but it's better than nothing.

Having to decide which game gets to be deleted (Ace Attorney HD Trilogy, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, and Ace Attorney 5) to make room for Ace Attorney 6 sucks though :/

Probably the HD Trilogy since I just recently finished it and I really wanna complete my second play throughs of PLvsAA and AA5 before 6 launches

Kouriozan

Yeah this pretty much confirm it won't be multi-5 again.
Oh well, maybe for 7.
Weird that 1-4 got properly localized but the new ones don't.

Ridley327

Yeah this pretty much confirm it won't be multi-5 again.
Oh well, maybe for 7.
Weird that 1-4 got properly localized but the new ones don't.

Didn't Nintendo handle the first four games in Europe? I'm pretty sure that Capcom took over completely on AAI and that's been the story ever since.

MrBadger

Probably the least excited I've been for Ace Attorney, but I'll probs get it day 1 anyway. I'm sure the last-minute plot twists will deliver as they usually do

Totakeke

What's the consensus on 6 from the Japanese release? After 5 I'm finding myself not as excited for the series as much as before.

Tizoc

September's gonna be great:
Dead Rising 1 (even tho I'm not getting it then :p)
Quantum Break Steam
AA6

Now I just need Xanadu Next out in Sept. and it'll be my best gaming month of the year XP

cHinzo

Fck yeah my favourite franchise. I'm replaying the games atm and they were still as clever and fun as when I played em on the DS. Great to see Ema is back. :> Will probably not gonna try out the demo. Want to get into the game fresh.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Having to decide which game gets to be deleted (Ace Attorney HD Trilogy, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, and Ace Attorney 5) to make room for Ace Attorney 6 sucks though :/

Probably the HD Trilogy since I just recently finished it and I really wanna complete my second play throughs of PLvsAA and AA5 before 6 launches

If it's really an issue, you could just get a bigger SD Card.

I got a 64 GB one off Amazon for $20, and it's nowhere near full, even with everything I put on it.

FluxWaveZ

Will probably not gonna try out the demo. Want to get into the game fresh.
noice. not gonna download the demo but my eShop monies is locked and loaded

Why not? The demo isn't actually a sequence that takes place in the actual game, just like the AA5 demo. It's a courtroom sequence straight up created just for a demo.

I mean, I guess you'll be seeing some assets from the actual game, but I think the way they've crafted their demos are pretty good.

Omikaru

So is it being confirmed as digital only? :/

Seriously? No Great Ace Attorney and now DD-only again?

I think it's to be expected that the West won't get any spinoff Ace Attorney games going forward, and when we do get mainline games they will be download only.

Better than nothing, I guess.

ohlawd

Why not? The demo isn't actually a sequence that takes place in the actual game, just like the AA5 demo. It's a courtroom sequence straight up created just for a demo.

I mean, I guess you'll be seeing some assets from the actual game, but I think the way they've crafted their demos are pretty good.

yeah the AA5 demo had different shit to it and I didn't download that either lol.

If it's really an issue, you could just get a bigger SD Card.

I got a 64 GB one off Amazon for $20, and it's nowhere near full, even with everything I put on it.

Australia so the prices on them are a bit higher. And I don't to download them all again (I'm in a share house with internet that caps)

khaaan

Don't think I can get through AA3 and AA5 by then (I'm lttp and trying to space myself out between each game) but still nice to hear.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Australia so the prices on them are a bit higher. And I don't to download them all again (I'm in a share house with internet that caps)

If you get a bigger SD card, you can transfer the data off the smaller one to a computer, and then transfer that onto the bigger one without downloading anything else.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Awesome. 5 was my favorite since the original, so I hope 6 is as good.

Nachos

If you get a bigger SD card, you can transfer the data off the smaller one to a computer, and then transfer that onto the bigger one without downloading anything else.
Yeah, with the 3DS, you can literally copy-and-paste the files and not need to do anything else.

georly

Sweet, I'll go from one capcom game to the next on my 3DS. I'll play monster hunter til the day this is out, beat it, then probably go right back to monster hunter.

Top Bottom