• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 6: release date and "that character" to be revealed on 3/6 livestream

SalvaPot

I am still of the thought that "New Prosecutor" is the main prosecutor for the Japan/America side of things, while there has to be someone else for the Kurain side of things.

Case 1 = Kurain = Payne
Case 2 = Japan/America = Nayuta (looked it up)
Case 3 = Kurain = ???
Case 4 = Japan/America = Nayuta
Case 5 = ???

I refuse to believe Nayuta is traveling between Japan/America and Kurain—despite being labeled an "international prosecutor"—between cases. And I also do not believe that, if there were to be another court prosecutor, they'd be yet another new character, especially not one with the mysticism theme Nayuta already has.

So they'd be a returning character—most likely someone who was already a prosecutor—and Franziska is the one who's known for traveling to different countries and who has also had experience with the mysticism stuff.

Could be Edgeworth, but then I'd really like to know what the hell is going on at Kurain Kingdom for Phoenix Wright and Edgeworth to find themselves there, while Nayuta who is a resident of the place decided to travel to Japan/America while they were away.

Hmm, ok I have to admit you present a very good point.

FluxWaveZ

The more I learn about this game the less interested I'm becoming sadly.
It just seems to be more of the same from AA 5, which just felt like a fan game to me compared to the rest of the series. It just didn't fit with the rest of the games and felt like some fans were trying to make a AA game but failing.
Basically my only interest in AA 6 is to see Maya come back.

Unfortunately, I also can't say I'm too enthused about what I'm seeing of AA6. It's an Ace Attorney game, so it's bound to be good, but the fundamental set-up just isn't doing much for me.

Kurain was done with in the initial trilogy, I don't see why we're revisiting it as such an important part of a new game that the logo represents it. I feel like they just wanted to figure out a way to establish a court setting with different rules and mechanics—ala PLvsPW or DGS—but without the game feeling like a spin-off, so the best way they could think of was to change the setting entirely.

Then there's the fact that case 2 seems to revolve around magicians. Visions of AA4; which is kind of fine, if AA6 seeks to act as a kind of end-of-trilogy game that AA3 was to the "Apollo Justice" saga.

Just a lot that makes me uncertain. I'd be way more excited for Dai Gyakuten Saiban at this point. It's pretty great to think about how that sub-series is going to continue in Japan and how we'll never see a localization of it.

Shun

But this is a different Kurain so it is okay.

Bring back Akane or Godo (´;д;`)

C2bbCmJ.gif

GSR

But this is a different Kurain so it is okay.

Bring back Akane or Godo (´;д;`)

C2bbCmJ.gif

Bolded is never gonna happen (and I'd argue it would be terrible writing if it did.) Akane/Ema's got a good shot at being AA6's detective in the Japanifornia parts though.

Shun

Godo is one of my favorite character, never will happen but I would love for him to come back as cameo for a redemption chapter or to provide some hint or insight with 倉院 and GS6 クライン

Would laugh if he is throw in some way. Would love for akane to return tho.

Godot's only coming back as a spirit.

I don't think godo is dead? It is years since i play GS3 but i remember his fate was ambiguous?

I just want everyone to be back...

;_;

I feel like this is just going to be a new character posing as an existing character because plot twist.

Wazzy

Banned
Godo is one of my favorite character, never will happen but I would love for him to come back as cameo for a redemption chapter or to provide some hint or insight with 倉院 and GS6 クライン

I don't think godo is dead? It is years since i play GS3 but i remember his fate was ambiguous?

I'm pretty sure it's implied he's dead since he's drawn with all of the dead characters.

spiritfox

I don't know, his story is pretty much done at the end of GS3. What else can you do with him? Also I think it was implied he was dying at the end, unless the english translations were that different.

jman2050

Maya will return only to become the first murder victim and become channeled via Pearl ala Mia.

Capcom is just trolly enough to do it.

Maya will return only to become the first murder victim and become channeled via Pearl ala Mia.

Capcom is just trolly enough to do it.

They'd save her for the last case, in which she gets killed on the stand somehow right as she finally confesses her feelings for Phoenix.

Just to watch the ship burn as it's (finally) leaving the harbor.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
...Wait, what? I help run CR and AFAIK we're not banned on GAF. Typing out the URL seems to work too: www.court-records.net

Can I ask what was in your post? (PM I guess if there's some kind of concern.) If there's an issue I'd want to work to get it fixed ASAP.
I was trying to link an image of long-haired Franziska posted on the forums (as a possible redesign) and it came up as a banned site.

EDIT: Ah, I see. Google turns it up as CR but it's actually on tinypic.

It needs to be Ema. Just because of the fact that the game is set in a place that is heavy on mysticism and spirtuality, and Ema will be there to inject SCIENCE into the investigations.

Don't bring back Godot.

His send off, character ark and ending were perfect.

Edit: His death is heavily implied, but they'd have enough room to handwave that away, if they really wanted to.

GSR

I was trying to link an image of long-haired Franziska posted on the forums (as a possible redesign) and it came up as a banned site.

EDIT: Ah, I see. Google turns it up as CR but it's actually on tinypic.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for double-checking!

Also, the link to the channel shows the broadcast time in your local time, for anyone who wants to figure out how (un)reasonable it is to watch.

Seriously?

iyVSavR.jpg

I'm so sick of this "A ghost did it!" garbage. Please find some other gimmick, Capcom.

Yeah I probably won't bother with this game. Apparently fully dedicated to these out-of-place ghost stories, ruining any kind of whodunnit setup. And all that after AA5 actually got it right.
I'd love to see it pull a MGS-level retcon and say that all the ghost things have always been fake though (not gonna happen, but anyway).

I would have vastly prefered to get the London spinoff. I guess I'd still try this installment if I had the option to sell it, but alas - dd only.

entremet

I have a feeling AA6 Maya may be as fan servicey as her older sister.

I hope not, though. Doesn't really match her.

Zolo

I don't get why that character is so universally hated. Even that guy that ranked every single one character in the series had Wendy at a special bottom tier, all by herself.

It actually works out pretty well considering how much she annoys the characters in the games, so it's like the people playing feel like the characters in the game.

It is going to be Maya, they need to push the anime.

And that means we might get Mia back too...

...what if Peals is the assistant this time, and she channels both Maya and Mia because MAYA IS DEAD.

OOOHHH what if what if

Maya is with you the whole time

and then the big twist at the end is that Maya's been dead the whole time and you've been hanging out with Pearl channeling Maya, and then I start crying in real life?

It's gonna be Laurice.

Godot's only coming back as a spirit.

Not necessarily *BIG PHOENIX WRIGHT ACE ATTORNEY and ACE ATTORNEY 3 spoilers and also minor ACE ATTORNEY INVESTIGATION 2 spoilers*

There are only a handful of culprits whose fate is confirmed either way. Von Karma and Dahlia were confirmed executed, but Frank Sahwit is alive and in prison still in AAI2.

I don't think they'll bring Godot back though.

I don't see the issue with spirit channeling and whatnot being the focus of the cases. As long as the internal logic behind it is consistent (such as with magic in PLvAA), it is not really a big deal.

The more I learn about this game the less interested I'm becoming sadly.
It just seems to be more of the same from AA 5, which just felt like a fan game to me compared to the rest of the series. It just didn't fit with the rest of the games and felt like some fans were trying to make a AA game but failing.
Basically my only interest in AA 6 is to see Maya come back.

I'm excited and will play the game since I'm a fan, but without Shu Takumi the series has lost a sense of direction. Apollo was supposed to be the start of a new trilogy that would go do its own thing but AA5 just kind of dropped everything they started building

latest
latest

I honestly cant figure out which of these two I'd rather see come back more. Maya's return has been a long time coming, but I love me some Franny. Can I have both, please?

Theodoricos

I want Larry Butz personally.

Also, keep in mind that this is a no-spoiler thread so some of the images posted here might be considered spoilers for people who haven't played the entire series.

Top Bottom