• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 6: release date and "that character" to be revealed on 3/6 livestream

SalvaPot

My gf is excited, she made this to celebrate the return of best girl:

12736168_10153637730844064_1711827608_n.jpg

Kinsei

Banned
Please be messing with people and don't bring Maya back Capcom. If you do bring her back at least make this the last game with Phoenix and co. in it.

GSR

Please be messing with people and don't bring Maya back Capcom. If you do bring her back at least make this the last game with Phoenix and co. in it.

Phoenix is pretty much set as the face of the series at this point, is the thing. Dai Gyakuten Saiban can get away with being basically separate from the "Phoenix era", but I'd be very surprised to see a breakaway in the main series on the level of Apollo Justice at this point.

Incidentally, this year is the series' 15th anniversary, so I wouldn't be surprised to see many more returning characters than AA5; AAI2 was made for the series' 10th and was absurdly packed with cameos.

Good thing that I like pretty much every single character that could potentially return in AA6 so I won't be disappointed even if it isn't the true goddess Maya.

What an amazing series.

FluxWaveZ

Even if this event doesn't reveal Maya, just look at everything AA6 is. Better to accept it now.

And even though I'm not a fan of cameo deluge (Klavier in AA5 was utterly pointless, but it did make for a neat scene), Maya's disappearance until now has been inexplicable given how much she was involved with Phoenix's life until AA4. It makes more sense for her to be there, in some capacity, than not.

GSR

Even if this event doesn't reveal Maya, just look at everything AA6 is. Better to accept it now.

I just realized that the AA series is basically borrowing from the Resident Evil playbook in terms of main characters and development. "Main series" games rely on two main characters (Chris/Leon, Phoenix/Apollo) with occasional secondaries dropping in and plenty of cameos/bombast, and it's the spinoffs that are allowed to go for a different tone and the "less-important" protag.

...Granted, that's how pretty much all spin-offs work.

Verder

Wendy,Gumshoe, MAYA

LETS GET IT

edit -

wait where the fuck is Great Detective AA for Everyone else but japan?
Capcom is gonna cap :/

Nyoro SF

My guess is Maya is marketable enough to not be a secret reveal. However, I would expect her role to be a mystery, perhaps...

Wendy,Gumshoe, MAYA

LETS GET IT

edit -

wait where the fuck is Great Detective AA for Everyone else but japan?
Capcom is gonna cap :/

Yeah, I wouldn't count on Dai Gyakuten Saiban. It's just too difficult to localize with unknown characters such as Sherlock Holmes.

Sacul64GC

Banned
Why do people keep saying a ghost will be a killer? IIRC
a ghost was never the killer, Dahila was not the killer in the final T&T case.

SoulUnison

Banned
I can't wait for the presenters on the stream to be like "It's...MAYA!"

...And then they show a bloody sheet covering a body.

Thoraxes

And even though I'm not a fan of cameo deluge (Klavier in AA5 was utterly pointless, but it did make for a neat scene), Maya's disappearance until now has been inexplicable given how much she was involved with Phoenix's life until AA4. It makes more sense for her to be there, in some capacity, than not.
The whole Kurain thing is why i'm pushing for Iris lol

Even though it's a way smaller hope than Maya, she's still got ties to that whole shebang.

Bowl0l

I can't wait for the presenters on the stream to be like "It's...MAYA!"

...And then they show a bloody sheet covering a body.
I will buy the game and keep it in mint condition. Then i will watch someone else stream the game because i can't stomach the idea of Maya being killed being Capcom's grand idea bringing her back to the series...

VegiHam

If Maya's coming back she better be useful and plot relevant. If she's just coming back to hang out there's really no point.

MrBadger

I've never been all too enthusiastic about Maya's return. I really don't like how modern Ace Attorney clings to the original trilogy instead of moving forward in its own right.

Why do people keep saying a ghost will be a killer? IIRC
a ghost was never the killer, Dahila was not the killer in the final T&T case.

Yeah,
there's only one case in the franchise that even involves ghosts and spirit channeling in the actual murder and by that point it's long since established.
Plus it's not much better than Dual Destinies and its
Scooby Doo phantom

If Maya's coming back she better be useful and plot relevant. If she's just coming back to hang out there's really no point.

Yeah, I hated Trucy just popping in to chill with the team, especially with all the loose plot threads from Apollo Justice that will probably never get tied up.

Phoenix x Maya will never be confirmed, there's too many people hoping for Phoenix x Edgeworth for you to get more than a vague tease. I personally feel they work best as a Big Brother / Little Sister sort of relationship, I never got any vibes of anything deeper than that.

poutmeter

Phoenix x Maya will never be confirmed, there's too many people hoping for Phoenix x Edgeworth for you to get more than a vague tease. I personally feel they work best as a Big Brother / Little Sister sort of relationship, I never got any vibes of anything deeper than that.

I got the same vibe when it comes to the relationship between Phoenix and Maya; guy stepped up to take her big sister's place as the older 'sibling'. I just could never see them as a couple.

VegiHam

Yeah, I hated Trucy just popping in to chill with the team, especially with all the loose plot threads from Apollo Justice that will probably never get tied up.

At least with Trucy she had the justification of living with Nick. Maya has her own life and job and stuff. Honestly I'm hoping if she's in a game it's in an active "Yo Nick come help me sort out this conspiracy" kind of way and not a "wow what a coincidence you're here too" way.

Ageed too on the not seeing them as a couple thing.

The sooner we can be rid of Athena the better. I don't hate her but I feel she's already overstayed her welcome.

Had you said Apollo I would have agreed, they gave the dude an eye patch, cape, and gave him a borderline anti-hero role and he still is the weakest link.

Golnei

I agree it's probably likely that a relationship between Phoenix and Maya probably won't become explicit in text, but unless I'm missing a joke, I don't see what Edgeworth has to do with it. The actual games have never hinted at anything between them; and the fans who have managed to ignore that to weave a romantic relationship out of thin air aren't going to be driven away regardless of who Phoenix hooks up with in canon - plenty of franchises which don't go for cultivated ambiguity manage to amass similar kinds of fans.

Jawmuncher

T -20 minutes.

She's here for good.

Had you said Apollo I would have agreed, they gave the dude an eye patch, cape, and gave him a borderline anti-hero role and he still is the weakest link.

Both characters to me work better as once in awhile characters rather than people stuck to your hip. This is coming from someone who liked Apollo Justice. Actually I think Athena and Apollo would work better than being paired up with Phoenix.

The real reason not to confirm Phoneix x Maya is because everyone knows that Phoenix x Franziska is the true OTP.

Franziska needs to come back something fierce.

Time for Moe to make his big return!
latest

Please be Maya

I agree it's probably likely that a relationship between Phoenix and Maya probably won't become explicit in text, but unless I'm missing a joke, I don't see what Edgeworth has to do with it. The actual games have never hinted at anything between them; and the fans who have managed to ignore that to weave a romantic relationship out of thin air aren't going to be driven away regardless of who Phoenix hooks up with in canon - plenty of franchises which don't go for cultivated ambiguity manage to amass similar kinds of fans.

Last time I went through the series, I picked up on a TON of little undertones between Edgeworth and Nick. I don't think it's intentionally romantic, but it's really easy to see where people get it from.

Top Bottom