• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat 7 details and screens

04 was cool. Story was cool, graphics were sweet, and missions were generally decent (too much score attack, a situation 5 remedies).

Now, 5 is just the perfect AC. Just one flaw -- that fucking canyon mission (Ghosts of Razgriz, I think). But man, sweet varied missions, heartfelt story, epic music as always. Even used a licensed music track in a nice way that still sticks in my mind.

Can someone do a comparison of 5 vs 6? Are they at least in the same ballpark of quality? That's one I missed, but I technically still have a 360 hooked up....

04 was cool. Story was cool, graphics were sweet, and missions were generally decent (too much score attack, a situation 5 remedies).

Now, 5 is just the perfect AC. Just one flaw -- that fucking canyon mission (Ghosts of Razgriz, I think). But man, sweet varied missions, heartfelt story, epic music as always. Even used a licensed music track in a nice way that still sticks in my mind.

Can someone do a comparison of 5 vs 6? Are they at least in the same ballpark of quality? That's one I missed, but I technically still have a 360 hooked up....

6 have way too many prolonged ground attack missions, the mission length too long as well, the multi objective structure is cool on paper but in reality it is harder than you thought to allocate your time and resources on each objective, I wish they went for the AC5 route where you choose one of the objectives as one mission and have the option to play the rest later. Also allied support system is straight broken, easy to rack up meter and blow shit up with a button.

Lastly, screw those goddamn UAV missions including
the boss battle with Pasternak
(endgame spoiler).

Storywise well it doesn't really catch up with the high notes of the PS2 trilogy, characters are forgettable, wingman is cringeworthy (I don't think those count as spoilers?).

Astery

Please have a decent story.
Please don't be like assault horizon.
Please don't have f2p tier online mechanics. There is already a AC infinity for that shite.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
They're technically all set in the same fictional universe, with I think 1 and that shitshow Call of Duty: Assault Horizon being the outliers. But yeah, I hope Bamco releases 4 and 5 as PS2 remasters on the PS4. I'd throw my money so hard at those.

I don't think we'll get proper remasters now, which is a shame, but I would buy 4/5/0 again in a heartbeat if they release emulated versions. I was hoping they would announce them next to the AC7 showing.

5 was amazing, 0 was also pretty damn good too. 6 wasn't too bad but it was missing something. I still enjoyed it. Assault horizon was crap.

Probably how I'd put it, loved 4/5/0, 5 was the best in my opinion. 6 how ever was an oddity, as you said it felt like it was missing something.

Please don't fuck this up.

I hope they keep the gameplay similar to 6, rather than having all the assisted flight QTE-ish bullshit that was in Assault Horizon or HAWX.

Ace Combat 6 had a perfect balance that allowed you do feel like you're flying a plane rather than mashing a joypad (like Assault Horizon/HAWX) while avoiding all the stupid grognard bullshit of worrying about stall speeds, flaps and realistic ammo limits (like IL-2 or other full sims).

I'm hoping the story will be cool too. 6 was cheesy as fuck, but I loved it all the same. I really liked how the cutscenes game some context to the war, rather than focussing on the fighter jocks. Garuda 1's wife and the not-Stasi dude were much more interesting than the antics of Garuda and anti-Garuda.

Assault Horizon tried too hard to be COD: Airborne Edition with it's grittier modern military feel. It didn't have the same charm.

AmyS

Send me to the claouds if old:

http://acecombatskies.com/topic/35215-new-famitsu-interview-1217/

New Famitsu Article up, with a couple new screens of the 'Lighthouse'

From a google translation of a Polish news write up of the interview, seems to be a few tidbits of information, so if any weebs wanna take a crack at it, by all means. (Something about two-seaters and how returning to SR is kind of nostalgic for the writer)

XLZR3Ec.jpg

XMoux5g.jpg

Top Bottom