• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy+ |OT| Bingo! Ace Combat 2 Remake+

Aerocrane

im5lmMrIqwZPA.png

Developer: Project Aces
Publisher: Bandai-Namco
Platform: New 3DS, 3DS
Release Date: February 13th
Format: Retail and digital
Age Rating: ESRB T | PEGI 12
Box Art

Features:
A remake of Ace Combat 2
Attack & evasive maneuver control system (DFM)
Branching missions
Choose a wingman to fight alongside you
Face against challenging Ace squadrons
Customize your plane with parts and paintjobs
Support for the ZL and ZR buttons and C-Stick of the New 3DS providing improved controls
Amiibo support – unlock special aircraft skins! (Feature will be available in a update at a later date)
List of compatible figures and unlockable aircraft skins:
- Mario (F-22)
- Luigi (F-35)
- Fox (Falken)
- Link (F-14D)
- Peach (Typhoon)
- Samus (YF-23)
- Bowser (A-10A)
- Captain Falcon (F-16C)
- Donkey Kong (F/A-18E)
- Zelda (F-15SE)
- Pac-Man (PAK FA)
There are other special Nintendo-themed aircraft skins that can be unlocked by destroying ? Blocks in missions
Special themes are available on the European Eshop for £0.79/€0.99 each. If you purchase Ace Combat Assault
Horizon Legacy+ from the Eshop before March 12th you get them for free.
iTQHAfsqj8fO.png

Media:
Trailer: Control The Sky
Screenshots

Reviews:
N/A
Metacritic page

Thanks to Aquila for title suggestion.

Cool, Nice OT man. I got the original on 3ds... what's the major difference? n3ds support?? Are there any graphic upgeades? is there any online multiplayer?

Aerocrane

Cool, Nice OT man. I got the original on 3ds... what's the major difference? n3ds support?? Are there any graphic upgeades? is there any online multiplayer?

Unfortunately there is no multiplayer added in this version. I don't know if there are any graphical upgrades. I'd assume that there are none as the game is compatible with the New 3DS and 3DS and I think Namco's promotional material would have mentioned any improvements to the graphics.

I know the original version of this game had Circle Pad Pro support added when it was released in Japan after North America.

Is the Circle Pad Pro still supported?

Aerocrane

I know the original version of this game had Circle Pad Pro support added when it was released in Japan after North America.

Is the Circle Pad Pro still supported?

I assume so, as the game is not a New 3DS exclusive and 3DS games with Circle Pad Pro support emulate the second pad with the C-Stick. Sorry for the vague answers, guys. I can't afford a New 3DS and a copy of the game right now and there isn't much information available.

Aquila

Cool, my thread title won. Wish that I was cleverer or had some competition though....

I really enjoyed the original release on 3ds. Just like X on psp, it was a proper Ace Combat game only hindered by its controls. I'll keep an eye open on store shelves but I'm not plopping down $200 for a nu3ds; I learned my lesson with the psp.

I've have a feeling that this'll have a really small print run in the US/NA...

Ha, just checked Amazon and they don't even officially carry it. Only a third party seller if I'm using my eyes right.

So it's a remake of a remake? I didn't even know this was a thing, and I usually keep my eye out for Ace Combat stuff.

More like a re-release of a remake with added Amiibo support.

Honestly, I don't care about the Amiibo support, but I might get it just because it'll probably have a low print run.

Aquila

So is this a good game? I've always wanted to try Ace Combat out.

Can't go wrong with this selection. The original Ace Combat 2 is dated and basic but still well-regarded. This re-release remake kept all of the core gameplay and even better music. Some more campy dialogue, planes and customization, extra missions, a bad title theme, and a gimmick evasive maneuver mechanic were added.

If you have a ps3, Infinity is free-to-play in order to get a better grasp of the flight model.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Tempted on getting this because of the dumb amiibo support, but I really gotta convince myself to be interested.

Putosaure

I'm interested as well but I heard the controls gimmick make the shooting too easy as you only need to press Y or something to do all the stuff.

I played Ace Combat 2 back in the days and it was the shit.

XPE

Great game one of the hidden gems of the system, glad they have given more people a chance to play it.

tsab

They could release a patch for us previous owners :(

Loved the game, would buy it again. They know they had me

So is this a good game? I've always wanted to try Ace Combat out.

I bought a 2ds to play the vanilla version and I was pretty bummed. Controls are bad - maybe C-stick will help, and story is even more bland than Skies of Deception on PSP.

If you want to try an AC, I love them all but I wouldn't recommend to start with Zero since after that it's all downhill. Try Infinity which is f2p and see for yourself if you like the formula.

mcz117chief

I bought a 2ds to play the vanilla version and I was pretty bummed. Controls are bad - maybe C-stick will help, and story is even more bland than Skies of Deception on PSP.

If you want to try an AC, I love them all but I wouldn't recommend to start with Zero since after that it's all downhill. Try Infinity which is f2p and see for yourself if you like the the formula.

I agree with this. Focus on the PS2 gen to get the best games. AC6 is, however, also a great game (it is a soft remake of AC4). AC:Assault Horizon is different, some people like it some don't (very polar opinions on this game in the community). AC: Skies of Deception on the PSP is also a fine game (I have over a 100 hours on the game) and Infinity is a lot of fun too.

tsab

If you want to try an AC, I love them all but I wouldn't recommend to start with Zero since after that it's all downhill. Try Infinity which is f2p and see for yourself if you like the formula.

The japanese vanilla version had CirclepadPro support. They never added it in the Western release :(

EricB

The japanese vanilla version had CirclepadPro support. They never added it in the Western release :(

If I remember correctly, they actually removed second stick support from the Western release as the Japanese version came first.

I own the original and have been waiting for an eshop version since I prefer digital. For full price I will keep waiting. Then again, the PSP Ace Combat on PSN is still full price as well so I may be waiting a while.

tsab

If I remember correctly, they actually removed second stick support from the Western release as the Japanese version came first.

I own the original and have been waiting for an eshop version since I prefer digital. For full price I will keep waiting. Then again, the PSP Ace Combat on PSN is still full price as well so I may be waiting a while.

Actually it released last there

TheMoon

Remake of Ace Combat 2?? Someone please show me footage of this. I wanna believe.

This was a 3DS launch-window game. This version just adds amiibo/N3DS button support. You could've watched footage or played it already for years. Just saying. Just hit up youtube.

Pity this launched with all of the other stuff being released, bad timing.

I might have to pick this one up, love Ace Combat games.

SystemUser

So any updates on i f this game supports the circle pad pro or not? I see the c-stick mentioned in the OP, but there have been a few games that support c-stick, but not circle pad pro.

Got this along with Ace Combat 6.

I've been on a very big Top Gun kick.

Campaign was pretty short though(only 4 hours on mine).

Top Bottom