• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Achieve Trophies | February 2012 Thread | GraveRobber's Wrath: Reckoning

theDeeDubs

February Trophy Progress:

Mass Effect 2- Platinum. ME 2 is one of my top 10 games of all time and it's my second time plat'n it. Such a fun plat and finished it in one playthrough as a Sentinel, clocking in at about 40 hours.

Now playing:

???- I'll probably end up playing some Reckoning since The Darkness II hasn't arrived from Gamefly yet. I was hoping to get into something a little less substantial after ME 2 before jumping into another RPG though.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Where's GraveRobber and why hasn't he hit 100 plats yet? :p

Batman is killing me slowly, real slow and softly

Those challenges ; ;, they're ridiculous, it's not I can't beat them, it's the repetition of it all

I mean 4 characters to burn through, doing almost the same tasks over and over, lol

BATMAN
CATWOMAN
ROBIN
NIGHTWING

I mean first do all the Combat Challenges, then Predator, then the Campaign Challenges for all 4 gets crazy after awhile
I still gotta beat New Game+ too, I'm @75% done by the game save % that is shown, the last 25% is a fucking grind and a half

I just wanted to dent at least 2-3 DLC's out of the way, play Rocketbirds for Plat #99, then finish of Batman @100% for 100th platinum

Plasmid

Do we know if the Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition is going to register as ultimate edition, or as Fallout: New vegas? Just like fallout 3 did.

TripOpt55

I just got my 18th platinum for Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy. One of my all-time favorite games. The other two games' platinums won't be quite as easy.

GraveRobberX

Do we know if the Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition is going to register as ultimate edition, or as Fallout: New vegas? Just like fallout 3 did.

Just like Fallout 3 GOTY

It will be the same trophy set, the Ultimate Edition = DLC included, so you can get those trophies with the Original FONV Game, if you bought that previously

It's not gonna be a double-dip trophy set, unless Bethesda want's an extra bump sales wise

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
plat.jpg

First platinum ever. Have had a PS3 since 2006, lol
(FFXIII-2)

Carl

Batman is killing me slowly, real slow and softly

Those challenges ; ;, they're ridiculous, it's not I can't beat them, it's the repetition of it all

I mean 4 characters to burn through, doing almost the same tasks over and over, lol

BATMAN
CATWOMAN
ROBIN
NIGHTWING

I mean first do all the Combat Challenges, then Predator, then the Campaign Challenges for all 4 gets crazy after awhile
I still gotta beat New Game+ too, I'm @75% done by the game save % that is shown, the last 25% is a fucking grind and a half

I just wanted to dent at least 2-3 DLC's out of the way, play Rocketbirds for Plat #99, then finish of Batman @100% for 100th platinum

YOU CAN DO IT DUDE

I finished Ass Creed Rev single player story earlier (seriously have no idea how it ended, wtf), should be able to get all the single player trophies out of the way pretty quick by the look of it

Edit: Well done Kagari :D

Plasmid

Just like Fallout 3 GOTY

It will be the same trophy set, the Ultimate Edition = DLC included, so you can get those trophies with the Original FONV Game, if you bought that previously

It's not gonna be a double-dip trophy set, unless Bethesda want's an extra bump sales wise

Agh, i would double dip day of release. :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
42/48 stars.

Leaves:

Toxic Paradise (nearly had this, died at the end and getting through the first area is a bitch solo. :/)

Little Brothers (OH GOD)

Smack Town :)()

Flood the Market (THAT FUCKING ROOF SECTION. ;____; FUUUUUUUUUU-)

left to complete. I'm nearly there, but any tips Grave for some of these? The roof area of Flood especially since I can take the gunship out and take the people coming up the stairs out but die to the nerve gas mortar pops. :(

Toxic Paradise is pretty hard to get through but once you get into the one building from the first two samples it's a matter of staying alive and taking it slow.

Little Brothers is a bitch because you have to run and gun and once you arm the bomb you have 60 seconds to get to the helicopter while enemies will infinitely respawn. So you have to continue to run and gun. Ugh. Did it but never again.

Smack Town and Flood the Market left. Flood the Market is pure luck because of the stupid nerve gas at the end and surviving it. I just have to survive Smack Towns opening and I should be able to get it. >_<

Montresor

Playing 3 games right now:

Bastion (going for 200/200)
Lara Croft: GOL (going for 200/200)
Super Meat Boy (I have no idea what I'll be able to get in this game. I might top out at 140/200, maybe less than 100 if I can't beat the main game hah).

Also, I need to get that stupid pesky Beast achievement (the one where you need to do all 12 waves of beast on each of the new Fenix Rising maps). That should be give me 1575/1750 I think and then I'm done with that game for good until the next DLC. I loved playing this game but no playlists with new maps pissed me the hell off.

TheSeks

OMG. 42/45 stars. Just fucking Flood the Market left and I keep dying on the roof or getting the codes due to the infinite spawning enemies or nerve gas. SMH.

Playing 3 games right now:

Also, I need to get that stupid pesky Beast achievement (the one where you need to do all 12 waves of beast on each of the new Fenix Rising maps). That should be give me 1575/1750 I think and then I'm done with that game for good until the next DLC. I loved playing this game but no playlists with new maps pissed me the hell off.

I'll give u a hand for that achievement. Never get those maps in public, plus so few people play beast compared to the other modes. My GT is same as my gaf name

Luthos

Last night went back to try to finish my Arkham City plat, but I apparently left off on my NG+ where
Catwoman goes to the Musuem to get her stuff back from Two Face
. So frustrating. Still didn't accomplish it.

TheSeks

Can't be as bad as Ass Creed Revelations DLC on PS3. I'm using the "teaser" DLC unlock to see them, and it's "low population" on the DLC only maps playlist while the normal non-DLC playlists have medium population. Very disappointing, and I don't get why Ubisoft is charging for the maps when they didn't with Brotherhood's multiplayer. (Oh, wait, I do know: $$$$$$$$$)

Yay, lone Platinum.

Nice.

No XIII platinum? I can understand though. Treasure Hunter took a long time.

A lot of people have XIII-2 on their lists this month. Really interested to see how many people are willing to platinum it, because to my understanding there is significantly less grinding involved in XIII-2 compared to XIII.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Nice.

No XIII platinum? I can understand though. Treasure Hunter took a long time.

A lot of people have XIII-2 on their lists this month. Really interested to see how many people are willing to platinum it, because to my understanding there is significantly less grinding involved in XIII-2 compared to XIII.

The platinum in 13-2 was beyond easy. Basically if you're going for all items in the game you come really close to it, so I decided to finish it.

For 13... I got tired of all the tedious grinding so I never finished the post game stuff. The thought of getting the treasure hunter trophy still keeps me away even now :(

GraveRobberX

The platinum in 13-2 was beyond easy. Basically if you're going for all items in the game you come really close to it, so I decided to finish it.

For 13... I got tired of all the tedious grinding so I never finished the post game stuff. The thought of getting the treasure hunter trophy still keeps me away even now :(

Congrats (^_^)b Kag's, join the dark side, embrace the PING!

Only 99 to go... so say 2075 when you achieve this... Versus XIII might be out by then... LOL... Don't Bans Me (/_\;)

Thank the gods the combat challenges for Catwoman are over, I'm dreading them again in Campaign Challenges but at least you can use modifiers to get through some of them

That Hell's Gate Extreme One... GOOD LORD!

Round 4, 30+ Thugs, 2 Titans, and one of those one arm brothers, and the asshole thugs go grab all the weapons left from the last 3 rounds, shock sticks, those door shields, knives, fire extinguishers/canisters, boxes/crates

I don't know how I did it, but I surpassed 60,000 points, and finished 80,000+, I didn't realize it was only 60k, I was shitting bricks, once I saw 79,000, didn't realize the last "?" logo appear, I was so tense, then when I finished hit 80k, and the medal didn't appear, I was like FML, then I realize oh shit I only needed 60k

Some Predators challenge are so f'n long to get the the "?" medal, the Robin Ladder took me 13+ minutes alone, the game was just not doing it, even when I let them chase me

I've got my PS3 set up at the moment grinding the slots in XIII-2. I've already got the trophy and fragment related to it but I need the coins for the three fragments (22k total). After a couple of attempts I've gone from 3k to 15k but it's taking a while.

Then I've got 6 fragments to get the full 160. The four Archylte enemies, 1 Paradox Ending (
the Serah+Monster v Caius one
) and the 100% Bestiary. That last one will probably take a while.

Edit: Sorry to be the one to tell you this GraveRobber but there are only a couple of modifiers that are actually beneficial. Most of them are fucking annoying.

Oh and you didn't need to do any of the Catwoman trophies to get the Platinum. Or the Batcave challenges. Unless you're going for 100%?

I really have to start turning images off in my browser when visiting this thread. Weeks ago I had the Jak 1 Platinum image spoiled, now the FFXIII-2.
Yes, I'm weird I guess?
To me, I like to see the trophy images for the first time when I accomplish them. After a session go and look at the new images in detail.
Whenever I look at a new trophy list out of curiosity (which I rarely do, if I like a game I'm going to play it whether the trophies are easy or hard, I look at the trophies after 1 playthrough), I turn images off in Firefox for example. I also AdBlock the "Latest Platinums" and recent trophies animated reel, so I can go and visit that site and JUST see a trophy list, not Platinum "spoilers".
But by far the most important are the Platinum trophy tile images. After a grueling hard Platinum, I like to have it pop and have never seen it before, and then check it out after the session.
I also tend to glance away at gamercards' recent trophy tiles (well, you guys do know "gamercard" is a Microsoft [patented/copyrighted?] term, just like "custom soundtrack" or "gamertag"...always found it quite amusing "yourgamercards" is called that, when it's a PS3 site).

Anyway...PS3 firmware 4.10 was alright for the solid and much needed Internet Browser update...but where is the update that allows us to display Vita trophies on the PS3, so everyone can see them?

Sony's plan can't be having Vita trophies only be viewable on Vitas...can they?
I mean, they list PS3 trophy lists there, divided by category, so I would assume PS3 would do the same for Vita.

Cutting it close to NA/EU Vita launch aren't they...getting a feeling I may be right in my prediction.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I've got my PS3 set up at the moment grinding the slots in XIII-2. I've already got the trophy and fragment related to it but I need the coins for the three fragments (22k total). After a couple of attempts I've gone from 3k to 15k but it's taking a while.

Then I've got 6 fragments to get the full 160. The four Archylte enemies, 1 Paradox Ending (
the Serah+Monster v Caius one
) and the 100% Bestiary. That last one will probably take a while.

Edit: Sorry to be the one to tell you this GraveRobber but there are only a couple of modifiers that are actually beneficial. Most of them are fucking annoying.

Oh and you didn't need to do any of the Catwoman trophies to get the Platinum. Or the Batcave challenges. Unless you're going for 100%?

The bestiary isn't so bad. You just need a list to keep track of the monsters.

Oh yeah...and the tasks they ask you for Platinum in FFXIII/XIII-2 are nothing compared to what you had to do to 100% FFX for example. It's for RPG BABBIES! Babbies.

Anyone in here do all the Monster Arena/100% Blitzball/all ultimate weapons/Dark Aeons (in Int.)? Wonder if they'll make those trophies in FFXHD. Hope so, don't want them to have things in the game you can accomplish but not get awarded trophies for (cough GoW God modes, DMC HD Coll. S/SS DMD, MGS Big Boss rank, etc...chances for the masters to prove their work in those and then the devs cut corners on the lists...).

Just remembering back to those days...lots of people were doing no Sphere Grid runs and other stuff. Same thing for example with people not picking up any Heart containers in Zelda games. These kind of things would make great challenges for trophies. But at the very least, they should make you do 100% there is to do/obtain in the game.

Hm...even FFXII (12) International had tons of stuff to do, especially with the added stuff. Much more than the PS1 games, which I 100%'d each under 200 hours I believe.

GraveRobberX

Oh yeah...and the tasks they ask you for Platinum in FFXIII/XIII-2 are nothing compared to what you had to do to 100% FFX for example. It's for RPG BABBIES! Babbies.

Anyone in here do all the Monster Arena (was that the name of it?)/100% Blitzball/all ultimate weapons/Dark Aeons (in Int.)? Wonder if they'll make those trophies in FFXHD. Hope so, don't want them to have things in the game you can accomplish but not get awarded trophies for (cough GoW God modes, DMC HD Coll. S/SS DMD, MGS Big Boss rank, etc...chances for the masters to prove their work in those and then the devs cut corners on the lists...).

Hm...even FFXII (12) International had tons of stuff to do, especially with the added stuff. Much more than the PS1 games, which I 100%'d each under 200 hours I believe.

Wonder:

FFXHD:

"Clinically Insane, SE Approves!"
Bronze Trophy - Get All Characters to light up all the grid orbs, ALL OF THEM!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'll lol if there's a dodge 200 lightning bolts trophy in FFX HD.

The bestiary isn't so bad. You just need a list to keep track of the monsters.

Yeah I got a list by compared my current bestiary to a 100% one. It's mostly rare monsters, so it'll probably just take a bit of running around to get them.

In the mean time, I just got all Serendipity fragments and the two Odin weapons. The Archylte monsters will have to wait until tomorrow.

Wonder:

FFXHD:

That's incredibly easy actually. What's hard is clearing the entire grid of +1-3 orbs and replacing them with +4 ones. That's how you max your stats out and, from what I remember, is the only way to actually stand a chance against some of the later Dark Aeons (let alone Penance).

I ended up getting most of the ultimate weapons (all but Lulu's because dodging lightning bolts sucked), beating 4-5 Dark Aeons and maxed out a couple of stats but at that point I got bored and quit. If they make you do all that crap for the platinum, I'm not going to bother.

Wonder:

FFXHD:

Oh nooooo

I'll lol if there's a dodge 200 lightning bolts trophy in FFX HD.

I can easily see there being a "get all ultimate weapons" trophy, and the lightning bolt "minigame" is necessary to get Lulu's.
I remember a lot of people having problems getting Tidus' (the Chocobo minigame), but I guess I got lucky there.
The stupid butterfly catching for Kimahri's I remember being painful though.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Graverobber, why you killing yourself to 100% Bats? Just get the core platinum and let it sleep. Like you said, by the end of the campaigns you've done those maps so many times.. don't even worry about ng+ with the experience you have from the challenges you'll breeze through it because you know the combat inside out as well as the maps. I think I beat the story part of ng+ in like 5 hours and then another hour or so for the random telephone/prisoner side quests. I felt like a Batgod absolutely clearing out rooms in under a minute. But I totally skipped Catwoman and not bothering with the dlc..there's enough game in there with just Batman to last forever. Easy but time consuming plat indeed.

I'm really in the mood for an rpg, either Xillia, 13-2, or Amalur, but I feel like paying 2-3000 yen at most for them haha. I'm grinding out level 45 in BF3 still and started up Crysis. Crysis..man..that's a great game. Just in the first 20 mins you can tell it's better than any of the modern fps crap nowadays.

GraveRobberX

After 3+ years, I finally got the platinum on GTAIV a couple of weeks ago.

Congratulations!, Well Deserved Good Sir, Bravo, /golfclap

Graverobber, why you killing yourself to 100% Bats? Just get the core platinum and let it sleep.

I promised to make BAC my 100th platinum with 100% to showcase it

I'm taking a break, getting in some downtime by watching my DVR'ed shows

I'll have it by the end of the month, still need to get #99 done too lol, just wanted to get a chunk done, didn't know it was gonna be this crazy

Footos22

After saying i doubt ill get any platinums this month i go and buy a $50 us card to buy the jak and daxter collection, couldnt wait until the 24th.

So i will probably have at least 2 by the end of this month. Will take me up to 30 platinums.

Started playing Aragorns quest with a normal controller and im having a lot more fun with it.
the input lag on move on it is pretty crappy. missed a sidequest in the shire due to a glitch. So im just going to finish up the main quest then replay for the shire trophy.

Hoping i can make 31 platinums by March

jimi_dini

Was beating Wii games the last few weeks, so no platinums yet for me. But I got several PS3 games on my backlog. Hopefully will be able to start some of those soon.

Finished up Red Faction: Armageddon. Enjoyed it so much I wanted more and bought the DLC. Fantastic that it has new game plus. Picked up Metal Gear Solid HD Collection but don't feel like tackling it yet. Think I will try and finish up RAGE first. Feels good getting through some of my backlog :)

GraveRobberX

I think I caught the Flu...FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

My head is dizzy as fuck, nasal cavity fucked, cotton mouth, throat dry, stomach/abdominal problem >.>; my right shoulder is killing me, taking a muscle relaxer for it too

This trophy earning just got a little more difficult

"Challenge Accepted"/crosses arm.jpg Destiny, you ain't cock-blocking me again like last time

Risgroo

Just finished Killzone 3 on Elite, only have to play some co-op, online in a squad and kill 1500 helghast to get the plat. I'm enjoying hunting trophies, and Elite wasn't too hard. One of the best FPS campaigns I've played, along with KZ2(haters gonna hate).

Oh, and GraverobberX, you're superhuman if you can actually get the trophies for the campaigns with all characters. I managed to beat all the challenges as batman, but when I saw what the campaigns were like, I just gave up. Might give it another shot later, but for now I'll focus on actually having fun while gaming.

theDeeDubs

I think I caught the Flu...FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

My head is dizzy as fuck, nasal cavity fucked, cotton mouth, throat dry, stomach/abdominal problem >.>; my right shoulder is killing me, taking a muscle relaxer for it too

Sucks man. Hope you feel better. We just found out my daughter has another ear infection :(. The up and down TN weather has done a number on sinuses. I feel like everyone I talk to is sick.

In better news, just got The Darkness II in the mail. Haven't played a FPS in a while so it should be a nice change of pace.

Tame

currently working through Bulletstorm, MW3 co-op and plodding through BF3

want to hold off buying anymore games just now as my backlog of untouched games is shocking

TheSeks

YES. FUCKING FINALLY. 48/48 stars. DONE WITH CO-OP. Now to go through the single player on Veteran, get the intel, and the level specifics and it's smooth sailing to the CoD8:MW3 platinum. >_<

Single player MW3 is pretty easy on veteran, even if you go for the level specifics and intel at the same time, so I doubt you'll have any trouble.

Platinum #75 - Final Fantasy XIII-2
I ended up rolling through the bestiary and everything else (4 Archylte bosses, last Paradox Ending I needed, 99k damage, 1k paradigm shifts and Secret Ending). I'm pretty happy that it took me less than half the time it took to get XIII's platinum. I definitely enjoyed the game though, so I'm up for any DLC.

Now playing:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - 15 Survival and 5 Spec Ops missions left. I doubt I'll get them all done this weekend but hopefully by next weekend I will.

And I guess I'll start Alice: Madness Returns up while I wait for Kingdoms of Amalur to arrive. It's a pretty convenient little gap.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
February Trophy Progress:

Mass Effect 2- Platinum. ME 2 is one of my top 10 games of all time and it's my second time plat'n it. Such a fun plat and finished it in one playthrough as a Sentinel, clocking in at about 40 hours.
I'm finishing a normal difficulty playthrough, how's insane? Not too many hair-pulling sections?

Would you recommend a New Game + or a new character for it?

crispyben

Last night I got my fastest Platinum ever (#14), Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands. It took me only five days and one playthrough. Upgrading your Stone Armor makes the two boss trophies a joke, and playing on Easy will let you get most upgrades by the endgame, the remaining ones being easily unlocked in the challenge mode. Of course I used a walkthrough for the "Got Walkthrough?" trophy :p

EDIT: almost 70% completion too.

TheSeks

I'm finishing a normal difficulty playthrough, how's insane? Not too many hair-pulling sections?

Insanity is doable on Level 1/new character, as I did ALL the achievements at level 1 to level 24. Do the story missions only, as doing the sidequests is a fools errand (and cuts you off a good EXP share if you haven't beaten the game already for the double EXP thing from long service medal).

But use your previous character for them being a higher level. Then reget the upgrades ASAP while recruiting your party again.

I did it as an Adept, but Infiltrator is apparently easier due to the stealth. But they don't have Warp, which I abused until I got Jack loyal for Warp ammo.

orion434

The Serendipitous Achievement in FFXIII-2 is such a pain... 2 nights I leave it on for 5 hours and still 0 coins when I wake up!

theDeeDubs

Insanity isn't too bad. It's just that everything has some type of defense and sometimes two types. I would start a new character. The first time I played ME2, I tried Insanity with a Soldier I carried over from beating the game on normal in an attempt to get my lvl 30 trophy with it. I had trouble getting past the mission after the tutorial. I'm pretty sure the enemies scale with you and you'll be missing all the shield and weapon upgrades from the previous game. After starting a new character, I breezed through it though.

I'm a huge fan of the Sentinel class myself. They start off weak but end up being overpowered. Warp, amazing shields, and insanely fast power recharge... once you can invest in them all. I usually roll with Samara (Area Reave) and Miranda (Heavy Warp). The two Scions on Horizon is the only trouble spot I hit. I find areas with Husks annoying too and I usually bring Samara and Mordin for Area Reave + Area Incinerate + my Area Throw.

SykoTech

Treasure Hunter is the only trophy keeping me from the XIII Platinum. I already did enough grinding to fully Level Up my characters. Doing more to farm animals was just too much.

Pretty happy to hear that XIII-2 won't have any grinding as tedious as the first game.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Insanity is doable on Level 1/new character, as I did ALL the achievements at level 1 to level 24. Do the story missions only, as doing the sidequests is a fools errand (and cuts you off a good EXP share if you haven't beaten the game already for the double EXP thing from long service medal).

But use your previous character for them being a higher level. Then reget the upgrades ASAP while recruiting your party again.

I did it as an Adept, but Infiltrator is apparently easier due to the stealth. But they don't have Warp, which I abused until I got Jack loyal for Warp ammo.

Infiltrator is insanely easy, yeah. I was a vanguard from the start and was getting completely screwed bringing him over, I restarted on Insanity with a new Infiltrator and had pretty smooth sailing. Just get the good sniper when you can and abuse the cloak.

Christian

I finished my normal playthrough of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow with all the collectible trophies (including the art one). I immediately started with the trial trophies and the very hard difficulty stuff, but it stopped reading my controller right after I killed ten enemies while poisoned in chapter two, so I turned it off in disgust and took a break. I currently have 36% of all trophies, all bronzes earned (plus a couple silvers), with nothing but silvers, golds, and that platinum to obtain.

In the meanwhile, I 100%'d Beyond Good & Evil HD. Replaying it made me realize exactly how much I want a sequel. :\

I'm gonna go back and try to plow through the very hard CV game, then I'll work at the trials for a while. I'm not looking forward to it...

Top Bottom