• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

dankir

I used my rewards points and got her for $20. Wanted to make sure out of all the unneeded shit I have coming finances don't hinder being able to get her.

Can you explain the rewards points and how it transfers to dollars? I have 340 points currently from War Machine AoU and 200 pending from Maria Hill. So how much will that get me discounted on a figure?

LiK

Can you explain the rewards points and how it transfers to dollars? I have 340 points currently from War Machine AoU and 200 pending from Maria Hill. So how much will that get me discounted on a figure?

you only get the points that were deposited and it should give you the dollar amount in the checkout where you can apply points. pending points aren't included in the total, iirc

dankir

you only get the points that were deposited and it should give you the dollar amount in the checkout where you can apply points. pending points aren't included in the total, iirc

Yeah I have to wait 40 days until after the figure has been shipped but 540 points is what 5 bucks? 50 bucks?

So believe you get 5% back of the retail cost of the figure in points. Once the figure ships, after a month those points become available to cash in. So that's $17 from War Machine and $11 from Maria Hill I believe.

dankir

So believe you get 5% back of the retail cost of the figure in points. Once the figure ships, after a month those points become available to cash in.

Ah okay that makes sense.

OT Stormtrooper
Vader
Kylo
Phasma

$1000 worth of toys. Good lawd.

Can't remember if you were the one saying you were only going to get one Hot Toys figure, it's impossible. I was you 6 - 7 years ago when I got Mark 1, 2 and 3 and I was like that's it, no more, I'm done.

I should be getting AoU Hulk in 2 weeks and he'll be HT figure number 80!

Ah okay that makes sense.

Can't remember if you were the one saying you were only going to get one Hot Toys figure, it's impossible. I was you 6 - 7 years ago when I got Mark 1, 2 and 3 and I was like that's it, no more, I'm done.

I should be getting AoU Hulk in 2 weeks and he'll be HT figure number 80!

Vader is payed off and it's my Xmas present from my wife. Kylo will be payed off in January. First payment for Phasma starts in Febuary so it works out perfect. My plan was never to get just one HT, my plan was to go exclusively to HT's. I have a bunch of statues and a lot of the fun of displaying the stuff you have is being able to pose it every once in awhile. To get it out of the case and have some fun with it.

Messi

I didn't mean what I said about Phasma :(. I hope you all enjoy the figure.

This is one of the few times I am happy not to be a star wars fan. This looks like the same situation as being a Marvel fan. Hot Toys are gonna cover your every toy need lol.

Replicant

I have a few Hot Toys but they are for figures of characters that I really really really like. Naked Snake, Raiders Indiana Jones, Starlord, Captain America (both Winter Soldier and AoU), Iron Man Mk 3, and Days of Future Past Wolverine. I'm ordering Han Solo and Ant Man next but that's it.

I wish I can afford Chris Redfield from RE5 but the price has gone crazy stupid. I will wait and hope they'll release Chris Redfield from RE6.

HT Phasma is up for preorder ($250). No exclusives from SS so not gonna bother with them since they require $25 deposit. I preordered from BBTS. Woot

Hey, that's a good idea!

I'm not 100% sure, though. I don't own any Hot Toys, and I've always been more of a statue person. I'd insta-buy a Phasma Premium Format.

dankir

Argh...HT needs to slow the fuck down

Man you think this is bad. I'm sure Disney decides when they release figures. What until we're closer to the release date or after the move releases.

There's still Luke, Leia, Han, the new heroes, Darth Jar Jar binks, Luke as Kylo ;) etc.

They just getting started!

On display at Secret Base.
p0QHO.gif

12196046_904511096284166_6690244919232489296_n.jpg

12189743_904511086284167_8590312256888526562_n.jpg

Vyer

I don't know if I'm going to be able to fight the call of Hot Toys much longer. I have already been thinking of 'just' picking up an Iron Man.

Luckily my wallet's capabilities do act as a bit of a shield!

ohkay

I don't know if I'm going to be able to fight the call of Hot Toys much longer. I have already been thinking of 'just' picking up an Iron Man.

Luckily my wallet's capabilities do act as a bit of a shield!
I held out for a while and bought "just one" Iron Man a couple months ago. Since then I picked up War Machine, Raiden, and have a few Star Wars figures preordered

Went to IKEA today and bought another Detolf. Filled it up with little stuff now but it will be full of Hot Toys by the end of next year.

MTaZmjD.jpg

Went to IKEA today and bought another Detolf. Filled it up with little stuff now but it will be full of Hot Toys by the end of next year.

[ig]http://i.imgur.com/MTaZmjD.jpg[/img]

That's a very nice setup. Love & Rockets! (And those Locas and Palomar hardcovers!)

Edit: Damn. Thought this was the Comics OT. </goes back to lurking>

LiK

http://i.imgur.com/MTaZmjD.jpg][/QUOTE]

Funko Pop fan eh

also, what statues are those in the top left Detolf? never seen those variations of the DC gals.

Funko Pop fan eh

also, what statues are those in the top left Detolf? never seen those variations of the DC gals.

Catwoman and Black Canary Bombshells and Yamato Luis Royo Harly Quinn.

As far as the Pops, I'm a fan of my favorite characters.

HT is way less glossy which kinda sucks.

Is Vader's appearance in the original trilogy (and I guess the end of EPIII as well) That different between each film? I'm trying to find THE 6" Darth Vader and am going through the same comparison BS. Black Series vs Figuarts vs MAFEX (which is the only one I don't own). I see people throw in the Bandai model kit one but that one looks too stiff for my liking.

1. Figuarts is too short
  2. Black Series is just OK, I liked it a lot until all the japanese Vaders started to pop up
  3. MAFEX helmet looks a tad bit too small, but this one looks like the definitive 6"Vader so far.

I noticed the black and grey chest pieces sometimes goes as low as as his chest box and sometimes even his chest box in certain pictures is either at Sternum level or Ab level.

Oh and desperately fighting temptation on that HT Vader. Trying to keep it Marvel only and even then I'm planning to retire from Hot Toys collecting after Hulkbuster.

Vader's dome wasn't glossy in ANH which is what this figure is based on. It's a silly complaint to have. I've always preferred ANH Vader anyway. Looks more retro and less clean with the ropes over the upper chest guard and lack of refinement on the helmet.

LiK

Vader's dome wasn't glossy in ANH which is what this figure is based on. It's a silly complaint to have. I've always preferred ANH Vader anyway. Looks more retro and less clean with the ropes over the upper chest guard and lack of refinement on the helmet.

it always looked pretty glossy to me. maybe i remember more of the sequels.

Drayco21

Jakks is showing the first couple 6" Warcraft movie figures. I've never bought a Jakks figure before, but I might pick up a handful of these to go with the NECA Heroes of the Storm stuff- they look pretty okay. Hard to tell because of the picture, but it looks like the humans sculpt/paint might be a lot weaker than the Orcs, who look pretty good to me.

Sorry if I'm blowing this thread up with Vader but this comparison is too revealing to pass up. On the left, the $250 Sideshow version, on the right, the $300 Hot Toys version.

These pictures really emphasise the differences in those two figures that unless they were side by side you'd have a hard time picking out. Having said that if you are paying $300 for a figure based on a particular source material it should look as close to that as possible.

I'm a big fan of the source material, but not fanatical to the point I could tell much of the difference. I'd be happy with either TBH. I'd also be happy with a 1/6 Darth Helmet...who should I contact about that?

UGH, got a Figinstock alert for SHF Phasma but I was asleep at the time. Already gone again.
Happens to me all the time with the figures I am looking for, by the time I wake up and check my emails the figures are already long gone again.
We're playing this game in hard mode due to our geographical location.

Top Bottom