• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Released in HK. Can't wait for Luke and Vader to hit the states. They should ship out from Sideshow roughly the same time.

11207279_769357619856601_1663007702482015548_n.jpg

12194924_769361886522841_6075395872437656049_o.jpg

12241090_769361829856180_2192674583162481988_o.jpg

12248252_769361953189501_37819270412069957_o.jpg

12115449_769362216522808_4688267749705352531_n.jpg

OMG, I didn't know it came with such a badass helmet. I might consider it now.
The bottom half also detaches so you can have the mouth exposedl.

The full unhelmeted headsculpt was only included in the Exclusive edition, the Retail edition only includes the helmeted head.

How good is the leg articulation? I canceled my preorder after the Master Chief fiasco. Still kinda tempted to get it though.
I didn't have any trouble getting it to do any of the poses I was trying, but I also wasn't trying anything extreme like crouches or the splits. It feels like standard 1/6 leg articulation, which is fairly good. The undersuit is fabric, not rubber.

KingV

Happens to me all the time with the figures I am looking for, by the time I wake up and check my emails the figures are already long gone again.
We're playing this game in hard mode due to our geographical location.

I finally got a preorder in for the clone trooper... Still trying to get in on the first order stormtrooper.

1/4 HT Boba comes tomorrow! Super excited. I don't do 1/4 scale figures very often due to price, and the only one I'd buy from Star Wars besides him is a Phasma.

Thanks to Battlefront, stayed up way past my bedtime for work and saw the figinstock alert for Figuarts Kylo on Amiami. Have everyone pre ordered now. Can't wait to blow up Instagram with pics of these guys.

Purdy

Would you guys avoid ordering from suppliers in Hong Kong on eBay/Amazon for figures, or more specifically Lucina figma ? I mean they all have huge positive feedback but most people can't tell if fakes?

Taking it Australian suppliers are likely fine?

Would you guys avoid ordering from suppliers in Hong Kong on eBay/Amazon for figures, or more specifically Lucina figma ? I mean they all have huge positive feedback but most people can't tell if fakes?

Taking it Australian suppliers are likely fine?

Man, this might come off as racist, but I pretty much avoid anything from Hong Kong for fear that its a bootleg or a factory defect for higher end figures (Figma, figuarts, etc).

This is based off of experience ordering from hong kong sellers where a figma I ordered pretty much fell apart. I have bought from Hong Kong sellers on ebay and amazon for army building figures such as Stormtroopers or Mandolarians for the 3 3/4 Star Wars lines and even bought the TMNT NECA knock offs so I can keep my originals in box. The Turtles had some iffy joints if I got rough with them but were a great substitute. I couldn't tell the difference from a store bought Hasbro trooper vs this "factory defect" one.

Purdy

Man, this might come off as racist, but I pretty much avoid anything from Hong Kong for fear that its a bootleg or a factory defect for higher end figures (Figma, figuarts, etc).

This is based off of experience ordering from hong kong sellers where a figma I ordered pretty much fell apart. I have bought from Hong Kong sellers on ebay and amazon for army building figures such as Stormtroopers or Mandolarians for the 3 3/4 Star Wars lines and even bought the TMNT NECA knock offs so I can keep my originals in box. The Turtles had some iffy joints if I got rough with them but were a great substitute. I couldn't tell the difference from a store bought Hasbro trooper vs this "factory defect" one.

Cheers guess I'd rather just avoid then :)

Any idea about Aus?

Purdy

Anyone got any idea why this is so much cheaper than this? Much more beneficial to pay in USD for me from the UK just? One says registered as a business seller on the right but the other doesn't =/

LiK

Nothing racist about avoiding resellers from HK/China. that's where most bootlegs come from anyway. i avoid them and i'm Chinese, lol

dankir

The fuck?

12240978_10153166011307344_8879006580893401776_o.jpg

Slutty female Aliens figure?

Apparently this is going to be a new line of figures too under the Hot Angels banner.

Wanderer5

dorothy%20gasp.gif

Humanoid Xenomorph... What else is coming from this line thus far lol.

Have to say, the visor with the head (judging from the concept art and a prototype is a nice touch heh.

hell yes, bless you. their other order page for it still says sold out.

No problem! Post some pics when you get it.

Those figures are all so rad.
I'm always super skeptical of quality and articulation and whatnot on seemingly no-name figure manufacturers though.

They are pretty cool, but I'm with you. Who knows what the quality is like. I really like the vulture and the rooster though, heh.

Top Bottom