• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

jackdoe

Sideshow's Black Friday sale is up. 30% off Hot Toys Iron Man Heart Breaker and Jor-El is very tempting, but the item I'm wrestling with is the Batman Armory with Alfred for 25% off. I want Christian Bale Batman, but I know I'm getting Batfleck later next year. I'll flip a coin.

dankir

can't really tell if it's new but it looks different than the one in IM3 so they're gonna make one for him. also, obvious battle-damaged variant if they wanna copy that scene in trailer.

Yeah its definetely War machine MK 3. Suit is bulkier than the AoU one.

dankir

Ive never bought a Tony figure, bleeding edge is the new suit? I own Iron Patriot tho.

Yeah Bleeding Edge is mark 46.

Actually caps suit is gong to be new. Slightly different color scheme and it has those scales you see from the comics. Check of the civil war production thread last page for what I mean.

12065507_1118368691521696_3950385624903307051_n.jpg

Trust me they'll make a new figure of this.

Messi

Yeah Bleeding Edge is mark 46.

Actually caps suit is gong to be new. Slightly different color scheme and it has those scales you see from the comics. Check of the civil war production thread last page for what I mean.

Awesome. Bleeding Edge looks cool. I very nearly bought the ultron one so I guess I will actually bite on this one.

Scarlet Witch has an actual costume now, but I do agree people like Cap, Hawkeye and Widow havent changed enough to warrant a new one. Falcon Maybe.

Falcon would be just a repaint so I don't have much desire to own another version. They'd have to rework his wings for me to buy another of him.

Pepper and Mark 9 coming out soon. They did a new a headsculpt she looks better than before.

12265830_10153177114727344_7467105160417814984_o.jpg

Lol, that's just the Mark 42 with the bootleg Pepper Potts headsculpt. I have that next to my TV. The Mark IX looks pretty good though. Looking forward to getting that set.

Even the minor characters aren't free of the new movie, new costume curse.

Iron Man 3/Age of Ultron:

Civil War:

It's bulkier now, and seems to have an extra back turret and (or possibly turns into) some kind of melee weapon.

Looks so good. RIP wallet.

So I grabbed my wifes DSLR and tried to take some nice shots. First time I put it on auto and took some pics with the flash and they sucked and could barley see the lightsaber lit up. So I took the flash off and took some shots and most of them turned out blurry. Fiddled with some more settings and didnt get the results desired, but here is the best of them.

That's okay, I'm sure they'll let you buy this one, too.

I am loving the kind words of support in this community. Just buy em all, just to have 'em.

I'm in two minds about picking up AOU Hawkeye...got one held over for me at my LCS, but it is a bit pricey. I do think AOU looks better than the Avengers version and I'm not a massive fan of that new Civil War gear for him.

Messi

Bruh hot toys don't give a shit if you can't keep up. Just think for a second at how many figures they're going to release for both Infinity wars.

Captain.Marvel.

I am loving the kind words of support in this community. Just buy em all, just to have 'em.

I'm in two minds about picking up AOU Hawkeye...got one held over for me at my LCS, but it is a bit pricey. I do think AOU looks better than the Avengers version and I'm not a massive fan of that new Civil War gear for him.

Beautiful figure

I'm really surprised Hot Toys hasn't touched the Netflix shows...yet. I think 2016 will be the year though. Wasn't there a Marvel/Disney consumer products press release stating marvel legends on the Netflix series (or some of its characters) are coming? If you think about it, out of nowhere (at least for us who aren't behind the scenes) we got the following characters in comic Legends form; Daredevil, Hellcat, Misty Knight, modern Iron Fist. We have a Nuke figure coming. I'm willing to bet we see a tv accurate black costume DD and Netflix costume DD soon, a new Luke Cage and a Jessica Jones figure coming.

Funko is already rolling out the Daredevil Netflix pops soon.

edit: Got off my ass and found the link:
http://marvelousnews.com/news.php?catid=252&itemid=19575

Daingurse

Really happy with my new Figma Good Smile Kurapica figure. Been re-reading Hunter x Hunter as I'm collecting all the volumes, and I forgot how much I liked this badass bishonen. Figure was on sale at Amazon a few a week or so ago, and I had to have it!

20151127_163056m5kie.jpg

Excuse the picture quality lol.

Also finally was able to purchase the BANDAI Premium HG Gon-San figure, looks like I I'll get it after X-Mas. Honestly can't wait because I wanted that thing since it was first announced, and at the time I don't think I owned a single figure yet lol.

tumblr_n6bneio7ff1to2puu9y.jpg

Really happy with my new Figma Good Smile Kurapica figure. Been re-reading Hunter x Hunter as I'm collecting all the volumes, and I forgot how much I liked this badass bishonen. Figure was on sale at Amazon a few a week or so ago, and I had to have it!

Excuse the picture quality lol.

Also finally was able to purchase the BANDAI Premium HG Gon-San figure, looks like I I'll get it after X-Mas. Honestly can't wait because I wanted that thing since it was first announced, and at the time I don't think I owned a single figure yet lol.

Congratz, I want that Bandai figure just for the hair, I am big fan HxH myself.

Drayco21

It's been a while since I posted any pick-ups- the Hulkbuster Legends wave really killed a lot of my immediate enthusiasm for collecting for a bit there, but I've finally started finding the Rhino series in stores, and it's got me hyped again.

When the series was first announced, Ghost Rider was one of the figures I was most lukewarm on- it's based on the classic Johnny Blaze costume, which is a look I've never been too hot on, and his lack of accessories don't help. Of course, seeing him in-person really helped, because as it turns out, flaming skeletons are fuckin' rad, and turning one of my favorite Legends molds into a flaming skeleton is likewise fuckin' rad. Ghost Rider here is a new head/neck and belt on top of the recent DnA uniform Star-Lord, who was in turn a heavy retool and repaint of the AIM soldier from the Winter Soldier line. Because Hasbro is nothing if not consistent. I loved the way Star-Lord looked and posed when the mold was serving him, and so it's natural that I still really like it for Ghost Rider- the new touches add a lot of flavor that keep him from looking like a straight undead Star-Lord- the glowing pupils visible deep in the flames,and the hinged jaw add a ton of personality.

I do have one pretty big gripe about the figure though; his lack of accessories. I understand that it's just not reasonable to expect them to figure out how to budget a full 6" figure motorcycle anymore, which is a bummer on it's own, but not even a chain? Even the Super Hero Masher got a chain. It's always been one of the coolest, most dynamic visual aspects of the character, so not being able to have a rad looking chain whip would make a lot of poses would look awesome. A Hellfire Shotgun could have been sick too.

So yeah, Ghost Rider is a pretty great figure with a ton of personality- he's just a chain and bike away from being perfect. I'm definitely glad I added him to my collection, because he looks great with the other Marvel Knights.

NEO0MJ

dankir

Ugh I don't wanna spend the money on the 1/4 Mark 43 but I also am concerned the 1/4 Civil War armor will be $600+.

Well, I fully expect that Mark 46 1/6 IM armor will be 400 bucks. Mark 46 is probably going to be the last new IM armor until Infinity War.

What's left, Diecast versions of Marks 1 - 7 right? And whatever other variations of existing armor they plan to release. Still Hammerhead left from IM3 as well.

Threezero's 1/6 Crysis Prophet figure. Looks pretty damn good. Neat of them to have hidden all the joints.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Crysis - Prophet collectible price at threezerostore.com is 230USD/1790HKD with worldwide shipping included in the price.

1/6th scale Crysis – Prophet collectible details:
*13.5” (34.4cm) tall, highly-detailed articulated figure;
*soft PVC dermis on the limbs;
*Collectible comes with exchangeable hands:
One pair for holding bow;
One pair for holding gun;
One pair of fisted hands.

Weapons:
*SCAR MOD2 with Grenade Launcher
*Predator Bow with Standard spear arrow x3

Threezerostore exclusive weapon:
Typhoon

22783759713_040752ec09_b.jpg

dankir

15" Mad Titan incoming!!! Video from Secret base.

12314432_916470031754939_5429110065698632997_o.jpg

Just released in HK, I really hope that we do get Drax in 2016 and somehow they deliver Yondu or Nebula at least.

More pics

12310581_10153184907882344_4609088838061956005_n.jpg

12301506_10153184908222344_7024468365492465500_n.jpg

12310430_10153184906187344_1421130080785285267_n.jpg

12339107_10153184905967344_6310468448848361454_o.jpg

12291909_10153184907517344_5786172018801410980_o.jpg

12291781_10153184907717344_907898839764135199_o.jpg

fuck he looks good

12301530_10208211019216962_6479711819617208094_n.jpg

NEO0MJ

Can't believe the guy who barely has a minute worth of screentime combined from all MCU movies got a figure before Drax.

Can't believe the guy who barely has a minute worth of screentime combined from all MCU movies got a figure before Drax.
Agreed. Thanos is like a running gag to me now instead of an actual threat to look forward to. Those GAF spoiler threads with the "Thanos is in this" titles cracking me up aren't helping.

Cool looking figure though. I expect many will wait for the Infinity War version.

jackdoe

Well that was fast. Going to wait on POing these until I see the movie.

12301464_1236742276339909_2734120552128829988_n.jpg
Haha. I'm not. After all, I pre-ordered nearly half the entire Age of Ultron line before seeing the movie, and in spite of being disappointed with the movie afterwards, proceeded to pre-order the other half.

Drayco21

We've finally got pictures confirming a Black Series Flametrooper, speaking of Star Wars.

I'm so in love with this design- a friend already picked me up one of those 12" 5 POA titan figures of it, and I'm planning to grab a few 3 3/4" ones too- apparently I'm at work building a Flametrooper shrine.

There's also a Stormtrooper Finn, because Black Series Finn has been such a runaway sales success amirite, and some already confirmed stuff on packaging- but it's all on Instagram, and I don't know how to share images of that website, so here's a link.

Top Bottom