• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Messi

Well that was fast. Going to wait on POing these until I see the movie.

12301464_1236742276339909_2734120552128829988_n.jpg

And so it begins...

Not too sure how I feel about the Gamma version...I wasnt a big fan of Striker at first but he has grown on me and I might pick him up. I don't think I could manage both Striker AND Gamma. Decisions decisions.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just ordered the Monsterarts Godzilla 1964 Emergence Edition for $50 shipped. That's way cheaper than I was expecting to get it for. Awesome.

Daingurse

Just ordered the Monsterarts Godzilla 1964 Emergence Edition for $50 shipped. That's way cheaper than I was expecting to get it for. Awesome.

Nice, Monstersarts are fucking awesome. Love my Adult Hesei Godzilla Jr. Really wish I could afford the Biollante and Mecha-King Ghidorah :(

Kipp

Nice, Monstersarts are fucking awesome. Love my Adult Hesei Godzilla Jr. Really wish I could afford the Biollante and Mecha-King Ghidorah :(

Mecha-King Ghidorah is so amazing. It went down to $120 a month ago on Amazon and I picked it up. I hadn't been planning to ever get it, but at that price I couldn't resist. It's now one of my favorites.
Biollante, however, will forever be waaay too expensive for me.

LiK

Rey's face looks a bit too doll-like. hope it gets better. altho I agree we have the masked head included so that works.

LiK

Wierdly enough sideshow has him for 265 which is less than striker is going for. Really strange for an exclusive figure.

I might hold off cuz of the stupid non-refundable deposit. seems like even their Exclusives aren't selling out anymore. Tank is still available. I'm not even sure why I keep buying them. pretty much all of them are still sealed in their original shipping boxes. I should just sell them to save up for the Force Awakens figures, lol

Snaku

Banned
Behold, X-Plus Destroyah.

This thing is so massive, and weighs a ton. There's just so much detail on this guy, and the paint job is fantastic. They even got his compound eyes right. This is my figure of the year by far.

Kipp

Behold, X-Plus Destroyah.

This thing is so massive, and weighs a ton. There's just so much detail on this guy, and the paint job is fantastic. They even got his compound eyes right. This is my figure of the year by far.

Too cool. That thing is huge!
I still absolutely love your 70s Godzilla (can't remember what year exactly, but the one to the right of the Gigantic G2k). How much does that one go for? I kinda want to get one of my own. Haha

Snaku

Banned
Too cool. That thing is huge!
I still absolutely love your 70s Godzilla (can't remember what year exactly, but the one to the right of the Gigantic G2k). How much does that one go for? I kinda want to get one of my own. Haha

Good question, the 73 Goji was released in 2010, and has not gotten a reissue since then so he's quite rare. I've seen it go from anywhere between $400-600 on auction sites and trade groups in the last few years.

Kipp

Good question, the 73 Goji was released in 2010, and has not gotten a reissue since then so he's quite rare. I've seen it go from anywhere between $400-600 on auction sites and trade groups in the last few years.

Aww man, that's super pricey. Haha. I really hope he gets a reissue then!

Hahaha. It's the truth. Collecting Hot Toys is my new thing. I have even greatly cut my comic pull list a bunch to support the monthly payments.

Kipp

Took a couple more pictures of my Monsterarts. I was posing them the other day and had a couple poses I was really pleased with:

Super excited for my '64 Godzilla to show up. Supposedly it'll be here on Thursday.

dankir

12322972_1250184968340662_8259182842005656347_o.jpg

rl8D6JF.gif

------------------------------------------------------------

Diecast War Machine Mark 1

12322643_10153197332237344_7340015111765093446_o.jpg

What's different asides from the diecast and the original figure. I don't feel like opening my box, but the battle damage helmet and chest piece are new no?

LiK

What's different asides from the diecast and the original figure. I don't feel like opening my box, but the battle damage helmet and chest piece are new no?

the damaged pieces are definitely new. but other than that, they look almost identical. I'm torn if I should sell my original and get this one.

I'm guessing Cheadle face is almost improved.

Ankle articulation is now there and waist + ab articulation looks improved. Elbows and knees appear to be double jointed as well. Paint looks to be a bit more metallic, BD parts and the base. The head sculpt is the exact same as the one being offered with War Machine Mark 2 from AoU.

Will probably pick it up and sell off the original. They'll probably do a Diecast Mark 6 to go along with this in due time.

Kipp

Omg. Just got my Monsterarts Godzilla 1964 Emergence figure in the mail. It has blown away my expectations.
The paint and mold are both incredible.
However, the biggest standout is the articulation. Even by Monsterarts super high standards, the articulation on this is absolutely brilliant. The legs feature such incredible articulation using some really, really clever methods. The arm articulation is incredibly well done as well. Super cool.
Also, because of a combination of the fact that he's like 3/4th the size of other Godzillas (because I guess the 1964 Godzilla was smaller than future Godzillas) and his kind of dopey face, he's super cute.
Oh yeah, and he also comes with a totally rad beam effect.

I absolutely love this figure.

Pics will probably be incoming later today.

Top Bottom