• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Messi

gal-gadot-reveals-wonder-woman-s-sexuality-is-part-of-her-power-807961.gif

Ooh, yes. It'll never happen, but I'd buy a statue of that.

Agreed, it is highly unlikely...but what if they were to do a twin pack like Batman Returns with Bruce, Strike Cap & Steve, or Pepper& Mark IX, a sort of plain clothes and superhero costume set. If they did a plain clothes then the coat and bowler hat could be easy additions. With that we would be venturing in to full on doll territory though.

Messi

Agreed, it is highly unlikely...but what if they were to do a twin pack like Batman Returns with Bruce, Strike Cap & Steve, or Pepper& Mark IX, a sort of plain clothes and superhero costume set. If they did a plain clothes then the coat and bowler hat could be easy additions. With that we would be venturing in to full on doll territory though.

You are kidding yourself of you think we aren't already collecting dolls. I say that in the nicest sense.

You are kidding yourself of you think we aren't already collecting dolls. I say that in the nicest sense.

doll - a small model of a human figure, often one of a baby or girl, used as a child's toy.

Yes, we collect dolls. But we collect the exception to the rule.

Just received the Kenner Ghost Predator from NECA the other day. Even though he's a re-used Jungle Hunter, I was super excited about this figure. The color choices made the figure look like a unique figure. I had to buy him the moment NECA put him up on their E-Bay store.

VIaSVju.jpg

k4NKiWT.jpg

vqyo0hG.jpg

46932kM.jpg

w9WRZT6.jpg

769YhPp.jpg

BHFpQes.jpg

z6KFZiv.jpg

qAzC30Q.jpg

tkFnSiy.jpg

This guy is amazing. He features some updated articulation from the old Jungle Hunter body, most notably a ball joint in his torso and double-jointed knees. It very much mirrors the articulation in the AvP figures, but scaled down to suit the average, non-performance enhanced Predators. He also includes a removable mask, which is extremely well done. This feature has been used with the Berserker mold (such as on my boy Nightstorm) but I think this is the first time it's appeared with a Jungle Hunter. It does make his head look a bit big when he's wearing it, but it's not that bad. The paint job turned out as spectacular as I'd hoped. The white, black and orange works so well together. It gives him a unique look that helps him stand out, despite using such a common body. I'm extremely glad to have him. Now I can't wait for Spiked-Tail and Clan Leader to pop up for order. This is just such a great line.

He's like the one Marvel HT that can stand alone and not need a teammate or something. And he's perfect. And you know you want him.
DSRJ89p.gif

But then there'll be future team-ups and updated outfits and other things... Damn it, Haloid, I can't go back down that path again!
Man, Amazon US has much better Marvel Legends stock than UK. Night and day difference.

That's not even the good Strange figure from the wave it's the old Hulkbuster wave Dr. Strange with a new cape come on.

DSRJ89p.gif

But then there'll be future team-ups and updated outfits and other things... Damn it, Haloid, I can't go back down that path again!

But why would you need all that if you're buying a Strange specifically from his solo origin movie? The outfit change would mean you bought a figure from the team up movie but in this case it's only the one.

Also like what path you bought one that's like opening the door that's not a path.

That's not even the good Strange figure from the wave it's the old Hulkbuster wave Dr. Strange with a new cape come on.

But why would you need all that if you're buying a Strange specifically from his solo origin movie? The outfit change would mean you bought a figure from the team up movie but in this case it's only the one.

Also like what path you bought one that's like opening the door that's not a path.
Though it pains me to admit... you make a good point.

It's definitely one of those things I'll have to give some thought to, though.

30180472863_fa868cbb71_z.jpg

He doesn't want it, why you guys gotta push it?
Hahaha, this thread is basically Enabler Land :p

Thinking about HT Strange and the cons outweigh the pros for me.

Pros
It looks amazing.
It doesn't need to be part of a collection.

Cons
It's £230.
I don't have much space.
Fabric makes me feel a little worried about it breaking.
I'd probably just look at it more than interact with it (Interaction is key for me. I'm constantly changing my figure stuff around).
It's £230(!)

So yeah... Not getting it. I'd be all over an SH Figuarts Strange but they're not making him yet so for now I'll have to settle for Marvel Legends.

Sneaky looks good. Excited for that one.

Got an email today from Sideshow that Deadpool should be shipping in a couple weeks. War Machine Mk. I should be shipping tomorrow. What an expensive month.

Top Bottom