• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

NEO0MJ

If I did, I'd sell them to Diggeh

but-why.gif

- J - D -

Yeah, SHF does look like the more solid figure. In terms of aesthetics, though, the MAFEX wins. More accurate to how the costume appears in the movies, with the eyes sitting flush on the head and not too much texture.

I'm gonna wait and see but I'm leaning heavily towards the MAFEX.

Me too. The SHF's suit pattern/texture is too pronounced. The real suit has that texture, but not that obvious. The Mafex suit looks much more natural and accurate.

SHF Left, MAFEX Right.
iCwNXkP.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
I feel like that's just the lighting.
It is playing a part yeah. Mafex Spidey from The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was solid, so I think the Mafex will be a good buy. So far I have only ordered the SHF though.

Oh, the Mafex comes with that unmasked head too, which is a huge plus over the SHF.

LiK

It is playing a part yeah. Mafex Spidey from The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was solid though, so I think the Mafex will be a good buy. So far I have only ordered the SHF though.

Oh, the Mafex comes with that unmasked head too, which is a huge plus over the SHF.

They def put more effort into it with that accessory alone.

NEO0MJ

Not really feeling SHF Spidey even though I have pre-ordered. I don't like the textured look or the dull colours. Expected much better, really.

IMO both come off as a little dull. I like it more bright, like MvC. Not a fan on where the torso joint is located in the Mafex, either.

Yarbskoo

Well, I finished the K-2SO Bandai model kit. Even with the casual mode stickers and no paint detail, I think it looks better than the Black Series figure. The molded details are just so sharp.
9XPmCHy.png

- J - D -

And since we're talking about Kotobukiya, pics of their 1/6 ArtFX movie Wonder Woman came out of nowhere the other day. The likeness is spectacular.

She comes out in July. First release run of the figure will also include her sword and shield from Batman v. Superman.

Looks stellar, moreso due to the expression on her face actually looking determined and stoic, unlike the majority of DCEU WW figures having a blank gormless look on their faces.

Figma Atlas from Portal 2 is up for preorder. Price seems pretty steep at 7,120 JPY, and that's with Amiami's preorder discount. Anyone going to preorder it?

Figma Atlas from Portal 2 is up for preorder. Price seems pretty steep at 7,120 JPY, and that's with Amiami's preorder discount. Anyone going to preorder it?

I was thinking about getting the two of them, but they're pretty steep in price considering their sizes (Atlas 4.9" and Peabody 5.5"). A little odd they didn't open pre-orders for both at the same time.

NEO0MJ

I'm like 99.9% sure Messi is fucking with you guys.

That's possible, but I've seen a few examples of people who took on significant financial burden to feed their habits so that sort of talk freaks me out. However usually they wouldn't talk about it on forums.
What I've seen if his place did make seem to be well off, but you never know.

Top Bottom