• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Messi

Doesn't he come with a mask and a bunch of guns? They don't give that all away for free.

Will Smith tax.

245$

dc-comics-deadshot-sixth-scale-suicide-squad-9027921-01.jpg

250$

219$

219$

Not that bad imo

The real issue Messi is that they're taxing you across all figures in the license to stop you from buying figures from such a shitty movie.

Hagi

Man I'd buy that Harley if it came with another head. Or just buy it then try to get the prison Harley head on ebay.

NEO0MJ

Man I'd buy that Harley if it came with another head. Or just buy it then try to get the prison Harley head on ebay.

Seriously. I wonder why they made that the sole face for the figure. I get that marketing used that expression a lot in promotions but it shouldn't have been the only one provided.

- J - D -

I don't follow HT much but weren't they always around $200+?

Nope, they used to be around $150-180 back in the day. Seems crazy to even think they were those prices now.

Oh! You guys reminded me of this one time I was at SDCC (I think, it could've been another) years ago and saw a Hot Toys Robocop set in the dealer's hall. It had a price sticker on it that read $130. I think this was 2008 but the memory sticks out because I'm a big fan of Robocop.

I suppose a price increase of over $100 over the course of almost 10 years isn't the most ridiculous thing.

edit: I was almost right with the year. It was a 2006 Robocop.

hot_toys_robocop_comparison_by_maulsballs-d8fjrdj.jpg

LiK

Oh! You guys reminded me of this one time I was at SDCC (I think, it could've been another) years ago and saw a Hot Toys Robocop set in the dealer's hall. It had a price sticker on it that read $130. I think this was 2008 but the memory sticks out because I'm a big fan of Robocop.

I suppose a price increase of over $100 over the course of almost 10 years isn't the most ridiculous thing.

edit: I was almost right with the year. It was a 2006 Robocop.

hot_toys_robocop_comparison_by_maulsballs-d8fjrdj.jpg

Yea, I also own the very first Robocop. Def more affordable back then

- J - D -

Yea, I also own the very first Robocop. Def more affordable back then

Nice. I was actually seriously considering it back then but I was a semi-broke college student at the time. Who knew ten years later I'd finally take my first dip into buying figures (but not Hot Toys just yet).

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I was looking at a few old Hot Toys reviews and saw a Bruce Lee release that came with two complete figures for $220 MSRP.

Messi

Are we gonna act like hot toys haven't gotten better at likenesses? Shouldn't that work be rewarded? Look at Thor's first figure and the newest one. Or Black Widow.

Artanisix

Without question, the quality of sculpts has gone up with time.

Whether or not that is worth the massive price bump is certainly worth discussing...

(Just for the record, to me, it is worth).

I quit buying the OT hot toys mainly because the sculpts are pretty bad as far as likeness. I figured why pay that much if it looks like someone cosplaying

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Haloid thinks he can tell people to buy stuff for him when he just dumps on things people like. I've been there supporting you in buying everything you want, Messi, don't listen to that Larry David and his toy hating of lies! You keep on buying all the cool Harleys you like!

and buying

and buying

PxpMQdY.gif

and buying

Messi

Haloid thinks he can tell people to buy stuff for him when he just dumps on things people like. I've been there supporting you in buying everything you want, Messi, don't listen to that Larry David and his toy hating of lies! You keep on buying all the cool Harleys you like!

and buying

and buying

PxpMQdY.gif

and buying

I feel like I should buy more Harley's but Hot Toys aren't supplying a new version to buy. Not even the Gold Dress version.

Do Ami Ami charge on order or shipping? Asking for a friend.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Also Haloid said "Nendo sucks" and I'm running out of ways to defend him before AFG eats him alive

I feel like I should buy more Harley's but Hot Toys aren't supplying a new version to buy. Not even the Gold Dress version.

Do Ami Ami charge on order or shipping? Asking for a friend.

They request payment after all your stuff is in stock. You get a week to pay and change the type of shipping if need be.

Usually it's best to do a monthly order and add whatever preowned/in stock as long as you have something that comes out later in the month. I'm surprised yo--er, your friend doesn't already use AmiAmi for stuff!

Messi

Also Haloid said "Nendo sucks" and I'm running out of ways to defend him before AFG eats him alive

They request payment after all your stuff is in stock. You get a week to pay and change the type of shipping if need be.

Usually it's best to do a monthly order and add whatever preowned/in stock as long as you have something that comes out later in the month. I'm surprised yo--er, your friend doesn't already use AmiAmi for stuff!

I just want the Nendos of Harley, Tracer and Mei but they come out months apart. Will I get fucked on shipping??

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I just want the Nendos of Harley, Tracer and Mei but they come out months apart. Will I get fucked on shipping??

All orders are done by month, so if you order all 3 at once they'll be released in their separate months, and you'll have to pay for them based on that month. You could wait until the last one is in stock and add the other two I suppose, or just do what everyone else does and buy lots of things in a single month. That way, none of the above will be lonely when they find their way to you!

Shipping isn't really that bad with SAL Registered, but EMS is the way to go for convenience at cost!

Messi

All orders are done by month, so if you order all 3 at once they'll be released in their separate months, and you'll have to pay for them based on that month. You could wait until the last one is in stock and add the other two I suppose, or just do what everyone else does and buy lots of things in a single month. That way, none of the above will be lonely when they find their way to you!

Shipping isn't really that bad with SAL Registered, but EMS is the way to go for convenience at cost!

Any idea on a ballpark shipping cost on ems and Sal registered for a nendo? Also how long does shipping generally take.

You're getting into Nendos. You are fucked already.

Just Harley and overwatch

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

It's best to forget that EMS even exists, especially if you're ordering one thing at a time.

Any idea on a ballpark shipping cost on ems and Sal registered for a nendo? Also how long does shipping generally take.

EMS usually takes 3-5 days or so. SAL registered will be 2-4 weeks. For a Nendo, you're probably looking at 2000¥ (EMS) VS. 1200¥ (SAL-R)

Just Harley and overwatch

That's how it always starts. But what happens when they start making Olivia Wilde Nendos?

Messi

EMS usually takes 3-5 days or so. SAL registered will be 2-4 weeks. For a Nendo, you're probably looking at 2000¥ (EMS) VS. 1200¥ (SAL-R)

That's how it always starts. But what happens when they start making Olivia Wilde Nendos?

I'd be all over any kind of Olivia Wilde merch. Especially Nendos.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

I'd say a single Nendo would be around 2000 Yen or so depending on the weight and shipping price. Might cost more if the box is larger or if you choose EMS.

It's best to forget that EMS even exists, especially if you're ordering one thing at a time.
*Order EMS all day everyday and get big monthly orders in 2-3 days

You're getting into Nendos. You are fucked already.

Freezy pleezy let Messi have some Nendoroni and cheese!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Ah yes, the ol' I Tried One Thing And Now All Of Them Are Bad routine. This won't be a fight, it'll be a slaughter.

Haloid pls you gotta get ready to get all the cool stuff at Celebration, it's gonna be a ton of fun!

Ah yes, the ol' I Tried One Thing And Now All Of Them Are Bad routine. This won't be a fight, it'll be a slaughter.

Haloid pls you gotta get ready to get all the cool stuff at Celebration, it's gonna be a ton of fun!

I am getting ready. Honestly don't think I'll buy much since the stuff I'd want is probably too rare or expensive. Mythos Vader statue is my grail get there.

Haloid sucks tho.

I do but I at least have good and varied taste.

Top Bottom