• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Loxley

I swore off Funkos after getting my required BvS Superman for my Supes action figure collection but DAMN IT:

YZQly5O.jpg

WiJcJJG.jpg

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Looks way undersized.

I think they went off the official size and the official size is wrong?
I can't find measurements for the full-size props, (There were three.) but the larger miniature is 38" and was built to scale to 13" dolls, which puts it at about 17.5'.
The official length is 11.15'.
Luke definitely looks a lot smaller compared to it here.
https://postimage.org/

EDIT: I never noticed but it looks like maybe the prop version that actually rolled around on three wheels was smaller and squatter than the other four versions.

Messi

HT Hoth Leia and the Emperor spotted. I will have them somehow, some way.

Sell the batman

You know you want to.

tumblr_ogr2ox4CK01ujn4cko1_500.gif

Edit: wow that Deluxe Star Lord comes with a bunch of cool stuff. I don't know why you would go for the cheaper one. Biggest difference I've seen in a while.

Sell the batman

You know you want to.

tumblr_ogr2ox4CK01ujn4cko1_500.gif

Edit: wow that Deluxe Star Lord comes with a bunch of cool stuff. I don't know why you would go for the cheaper one. Biggest difference I've seen in a while.

I already sold Batman. I have some shit to sell. Don't you worry.

Rootbeer

Banned
All the Black Series 6" articulated figures will be mine!

I might snag that Luke/Yoda from the Forces of Destiny to test out the line

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I found definitive measurements for the landspeeder, straight from the stationary 1:1 prop that they used for beauty shots.
It's 13.19' long, 7.12' wide, and 3.74' tall, not counting ground clearance. Taken by a museum curator.

Well they didn't do Gold Dress Harley. So who the hell knows. They didn't even take that Slam Dunk.

Star Wars might have a slightly larger fanbase than Suicide Squad. Just a smidge, though. Soon they'll be filling up convention centers for Suicide Squad Celebration.

His wallet is probably paying the price for all kinds of things.

It's amazing how much money you save not eating out all the time. I'd say my wife and I spent over $200/week on food for lunches and dinner. But yes, I just signed up a for an infant daycare that cost $200/week so there
goes those savings. To make this figure worthy, when touring the daycare center and the employee telling us the cost, I said out loud "That's a Hot Toy a week" with the employee looking confused and my wife rolling her eyes.

Top Bottom