• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

KyleCross

Does anyone have any experience with dealing with a possible return with AmiAmi? I just received the Hdge Motoko Kusanagi and she has two small paint scratches on her (they're black; one on her breast and one on her ankle), some nasty sculpting on a piece of her hair, a serious case of bug eyes and an all around pretty ugly shading job. I've never had to go through the process of trying to get an exchange before, and I also hear AmiAmi are picky and may not do anything for something that isn't outright broken.

NEO0MJ

Ok, cool. Saw some people online use pliers/haircryer method which is annoying. Hot water is much better.

Amiami shipped it to me with no plug, so that's another option.

I'm trying to convince myself not to buy the Darius Iron Fossil Figma that's coming out very soon. It's so expensive. But it's Darius.

I have to admit, that does look pretty cool, and it's always nice when a figure from a low key franchise gets made.
However, you're still a student, right? Better to hold off on it for now.

Does anybody have the Revo Wolverine? Is it any good?

I think it's out late August or September. If it's like Spider-Man it'll be great, until the joints get crazy loose. And depending on your stance, the joints might be too ugly (I didn't mind them for Spidey). Let's just hope it's better than Venom. That one disappointed me as it's bulk made it a really unwieldy figure, and almost always required a stand for good poses yet the included stand is suitable for small figures like Spidey but not behemoths like Venom.

NEO0MJ

Oh snap, and they're selling him for a much lower price too. Which shipping method did you choose?

EMS (DHL was too expensive and I had a bad experience with SAL). Customs held on to it though and required that I open it for them, but I'm not sure if it was because of Megatron or the SOC Megazord which carried a giant knife for a sword.

LiK

EMS (DHL was too expensive and I had a bad experience with SAL). Customs held on to it though and required that I open it for them, but I'm not sure if it was because of Megatron or the SOC Megazord which carried a giant knife for a sword.

You live near a Customs place? I assume it must be the Megazord cuz isn't Megatron shipped in his robot form? Never understood why he needed orange plugs for shipping reasons.

How much was shipping with EMS? If it makes it the same price as TFSource, I might just get it from them since they offer free shipping for it.

NEO0MJ

You live near a Customs place? I assume it must be the Megazord cuz isn't Megatron shipped in his robot form? Never understood why he needed orange plugs for shipping reasons.

How much was shipping with EMS? If it makes it the same price as TFSource, I might just get it from them since they offer free shipping for it.

Prob due to Western toy regulations rather than any shipping reasons.

It was more customs told the post office to have me inspect it.
Shipping was $70, but that's factoring in the Megazord. Without it it would weight probably less than half.

LiK

Prob due to Western toy regulations rather than any shipping reasons.

It was more customs told the post office to have me inspect it.
Shipping was $70, but that's factoring in the Megazord. Without it it would weight probably less than half.

I feel like only BBTS and HLJ will follow that silly rule. At least Customs didn't rip open your package. I'm hoping TFSource replies today about my orange plug inquiry.

Dang, $70 is a lot even if it includes another large figure. Guess I'll think about it.

Is it even out yet? It looks amazing.

I think it's out late August or September. If it's like Spider-Man it'll be great, until the joints get crazy loose. And depending on your stance, the joints might be too ugly (I didn't mind them for Spidey). Let's just hope it's better than Venom. That one disappointed me as it's bulk made it a really unwieldy figure, and almost always required a stand for good poses yet the included stand is suitable for small figures like Spidey but not behemoths like Venom.

Ahh, thought it was already out for some reason. My mistake

Yarbskoo

Man, the General Grievous model kit looks really nice.

I'm not a huge fan of the character, but I still kinda want to get that kit and put it together.

NEO0MJ

Dang, $70 is a lot even if it includes another large figure. Guess I'll think about it.

Another one of the reasons I'm so selective with figures. Regardless of where I buy from I have to pay big for shipping.

Man, the General Grievous model kit looks really nice.

I'm not a huge fan of the character, but I still kinda want to get that kit and put it together.

Dude was great in the Clone Wars show. You should check out the episode Grievous's Lair.

They also redeemed him in the cartoon? I really need to set up a binge time for that series.

You haven't watched Clone Wars?

tenor.gif

I really can't stand anything that reminded me of the prequel movies. But I keep hearing good things about the Clone Wars so I'll give it chance. But I heard the episode order is fucked up.

Just buy the big Bluray set and watch this isn't complicated like reading comics or awful like trying to figure out why such a shitty character like Harley Quinn is so popular.

Looks like EMS shipping is 4500 yen. Not too bad. Guess I'll think about it since it's pay upfront.
looks like you can use SAL small packet for even cheaper shipping.

i haven't looked around but i know amazon JYP way back had mp-36 for the same price, and it shipped to the US no orange plug (not sure sure if amazon jyp re-issue pre-order opened) but that was one of the lowest offered between all the import stores.

LiK

looks like you can use SAL small packet for even cheaper shipping.

i haven't looked around but i know amazon JYP way back had mp-36 for the same price, and it shipped to the US no orange plug (not sure sure if amazon jyp re-issue pre-order opened) but that was one of the lowest offered between all the import stores.

Looks like Amazon Japan is still expensive from resellers. Guess not.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
You haven't watched Clone Wars?

tenor.gif

I tried to watch it, but what I saw (the movie, part of season 1, and a few scattered episodes) was even worse than the prequels.
I've sworn off all new (to me) Star Wars stuff so it's never getting another shot.
dealwithit.gif

Grievous was at his best in the Tartakovsky show. I don't think Star Wars action had ever been better than in that series, either.

CGI Clone Wars has really good stuff. A few misses but they make the characters so much better than whatever the fuck they were in the prequels.

NEO0MJ

Grievous was at his best in the Tartakovsky show. I don't think Star Wars action had ever been better than in that series, either.

Action was nice indeed, but I felt he was much better as a character in the 3D show. He's such a good mix of coward and threatening. If there was one character who I'd be as afraid of turning my back to as the Emperor it would be him.

And action picked up later. Feats weren't as crazy as the Tartakovsky show, but I feel that was part of the point. He took it a little too far :p

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

People tried to sell me on that show with action clips, but the action looked silly, and not even a good kind of silly.

TAJ

Watch it. Such good action scenes. Mace Windu was fucking boss.

I'm not even going to watch The Last Jedi.
I'm done.

LiK

Ok, TFSource CSR said their MP Megatrons will be untouched. Now I'm hoping to see if Amazon Japan will open preorders for restock. At least I have a US seller to go with now and not worry about customs.

Gravidee

I tried to watch it, but what I saw (the movie, part of season 1, and a few scattered episodes) was even worse than the prequels.
I've sworn off all new (to me) Star Wars stuff so it's never getting another shot.
dealwithit.gif

Nobody should ever judge the series based off of the movie or the first season, which are widely considered the worst aspects of TCW.

Top Bottom