• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Yarbskoo

I tried to watch it, but what I saw (the movie, part of season 1, and a few scattered episodes) was even worse than the prequels.
I've sworn off all new (to me) Star Wars stuff so it's never getting another shot.
dealwithit.gif

The Clone Wars movie is the worst Star Wars movie, and that's saying something.

Maybe I'll go with AmiAmi but I'll wait for Amazon Japan. Looks like I got plenty of time.
yeah that's a decent price @ 17,530 JPY @ amiami and going cheap shipping. nice! they're still open. i personally would avoid paying BBTS/TFsource (US prices) unless absolutely last resort.

LiK

yeah that's a decent price @ 17,530 JPY @ amiami and going cheap shipping. nice! they're still open. i personally would avoid paying BBTS/TFsource (US prices) unless absolutely last resort.

Def will avoid BBTS. I don't wanna support that orange barrel garbage they're doing when others can offer it without it.

LiK

Isn't this not the first time the orange plug thing has happened with a Megatron figure? I don't know why it's making you guys mad now.

It made me mad before. I imported the original MP Megatron from Japan for the same reason. We didn't have ActionFigureGAF back then for me to vent, lol

NEO0MJ

So, how much should I trust an E-Bay seller just because they have a lot of positive feedback? Saw something i might be interested in but not sure if I should trust them. Never bought anything used from E-bay before.

LiK

So, how much should I trust an E-Bay seller just because they have a lot of positive feedback? Saw something i might be interested in but not sure if I should trust them. Never bought anything used from E-bay before.

See how much positive feedback as seller they have and see what stuff they sold in the past.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Ebay scares me, too.
I only signed up for Ebay because I wanted to buy from someone who exclusively sells their custom stuff there.
The first purchase went fine and I've ordered three more things from them so far.

LiK

You have a ton of power as a buyer on eBay now. Even if they scammed you, you can easily get your money refunded. Also, sellers can't give you negative feedback if you paid. Sellers are more afraid of bad buyers than the other way around. There's very little risk buying eBay these days.

Bii

A few people have started reporting the fishnets on the HT Harley comes ripped or is easily ripped when moving her legs. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I've bought a ton of stuff off eBay, a lot of the time it works out cheaper for me to buy imports on there as they seem a lot less likely to get stuck in customs

A few people have started reporting the fishnets on the HT Harley comes ripped or is easily ripped when moving her legs. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Let's be honest here ripped fishnets don't even make the figure look worse because that's impossible to do.

NEO0MJ

Guess I might risk going with eBay. Thanks for the info, everyone.

Oh snap, F4F Sif shipping soon.

Pics when it arrives! Next to Artorias if possible.
Wonder when they'll show the Oreo statue. Don't think I'll buy it but I'm still curious how they pose and color it.

LiK

Guess I might risk going with eBay. Thanks for the info, everyone.

Pics when it arrives! Next to Artorias if possible.
Wonder when they'll show the Oreo statue. Don't think I'll buy it but I'm still curious how they pose and color it.

eBay is pretty safe. Just make sure that seller has a good amount of positives especially if you're buying an expensive collectible. Also, I would avoid sellers from China/HK for fear of bootlegs which is pretty common coming from there unless they have a a lot of positive feedback.

Yea, I'll be displaying Sif next to Artorias for sure. Might need to change the location cuz he'll be tall and Artorias is currently sitting in front of my video game shelves, lol.

I am over this community. Bye bitches. Enjoy your Hulkbusters in 2022

gPQ2Er7.gif

Simo

Man, Asmus John Ruth figure from The Hateful Eight was my figure of the year thus far but, my Max Max Fury Road 1/6 figure aka The Wasteland Ranger finally arrived today and I'm blown away.
https://twitter.com/DGSimo/status/895401717013073920

Sorry about my tweet with the images but I'm on mobile and couldn't upload them to post here direct. I haven't futzed with him much since I've got to get out the movie and books for reference since he comes with all the pouches, holsters, magazines, weapons and nicknacks seen in the film.

Simo

Just got my 14 day notice from Sideshow for Doctor Strange shipping!!

Yet still nothing for Wonder Woman..lol

NEO0MJ

I have to support them in that most comic movies are indeed schlock that's usually not worth seeking yourself. I guess if you happen to find yourself near a movie theater or inside an airplane with nothing to do you can check them out.

Top Bottom