• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

mine arrived today too, after almost 9 months of since i preordered it

wWyQBfbl.jpg

Yarbskoo

Lucina looks pretty good. I'm sure I'll still have to wait a while for mine, since it has to make it all the way here to east coast US with SAL Small Packet Registered shipping.

Drayco21

Nothing stops the Star Wars Hype Train.

Captain Phasma and Snowtrooper Black Series figures finally revealed. Wish the Snowtrooper was the Flametrooper instead, but I'm buying a Phasma immediately. I guess them showing these off on the Force Friday stream means that Black Series Wave 2 will be out with the 1st tonight? I hope so.

Pretty insane how quickly Hot Toy's is pushing out Star Wars figures.

They also just announced a Stormtrooper two pack. Slow the hell down HT! My wallet is about to explode.

9be02b8852d4697e40e0dbfb14fb7c77.jpg
96cabcc4776fb9ea3accc37386ca2c4c.jpg
3da4dcc17b9dbcdcf35868af5ed7a8eb.jpg

Fjordson

Meh. Where's my Big Boss fig Hot Toys. Though at least those aren't more Iron Man suits or anything else from the Marvel comedic universe.

Meh. Where's my Big Boss fig Hot Toys. Though at least those aren't more Iron Man suits or anything else from the Marvel comedic universe.
I was hoping they would announce it by now. Really want a Big Boss figure. They have the license but it could be held up for whatever reason.

Regular Stormy has also been announced.

Cgy1E3r.jpg

Drayco21

Phasma is an awesome design and that will be the first Hot Toys I buy from the new films

If I wasn't so cheap, she'd probably be my first Hot Toys order. On paper, the new First Order designs aren't really that different, but in practice I really love all of them- from the cat smile helmets, to Phasma's rad chromed armor and cape, to Kylo Ren's junker lightsaber and everything in between. Can't wait to see it all on the big screen.

curb

Banned
Hopefully Hot Toys puts out Phasma soon

I actually hope not. Phasma or a Captain Marvel figure would push me over the edge of finally purchasing a Hot Toys. I've been in this thread from the start - I know what happens once you start collecting Hot Toys. It starts with one and then suddenly you have a basement like dankir.

LiK

Speaking of Hot Toys MGSV, that might take a while. Hot Toys is usually pretty slow with the video game licenses. MGR Raiden didn't come out until last week and MGS3 Naked Snake and The Boss didn't come out until years after the game's release.

Hopefully MGSV might come out sooner based on the game's success.

Fjordson

Speaking of Hot Toys MGSV, that might take a while. Hot Toys is usually pretty slow with the video game licenses. MGR Raiden didn't come out until last week and MGS3 Naked Sbake and The Boss didn't come out until years later.

Hopefully MGSV might come out sooner based on the game's success.
Yeah, it could be a while =[

Really hoping we get a nice Boss fig before too long, though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Weird, do they not 'officially' sell figuarts Star Wars stuff through Amazon like they do for Rider/Sentai figuarts?

LiK

Yeah, it could be a while =[

Really hoping we get a nice Boss fig before too long, though.

yea, there are the Play-Arts Kai tho and they look pretty good. they may have fucked up Solid Snake but their Big Boss face sculpts ended up great. I have the Peace Walker ones. might bite on one of the MGSV ones.

Fjordson

yea, there are the Play-Arts Kai tho and they look pretty good. they may have fucked up Solid Snake but their Big Boss face sculpts ended up great. I have the Peace Walker ones. might bite on one of the MGSV ones.
Play Arts Kai is solid, but their paint apps and face sculpts bug me a lot of times. Just looks weird.

That being said, the Boss ones do look pretty good. I have the sneaking suit version pre-ordered atm. May try to get Quiet eventually also, she turned out pretty good.

LiK

Play Arts Kai is solid, but their paint apps and face sculpts bug me a lot of times. Just looks weird.

That being said, the Boss ones do look pretty good. I have the sneaking suit version pre-ordered atm.

I got the Quiet one recently. looks good (face sculpt and paint included!). I think something changed at their factories because all the most recent ones from last year until now have been good. the hideous paint issues from the time when Solid Snake and Kratos were released are few and far between now. those were bad times.

Weird, do they not 'officially' sell figuarts Star Wars stuff through Amazon like they do for Rider/Sentai figuarts?
They do not, nor do they sell Marvel or even Pokemon figuarts in the West. Most likely regional licensing agreements for that scale of figures, Hasbro likely put the kibosh on that.

Wanderer5

...I kind of looking at Black Series Phasma.XD Despite the silly name, she does look quite badass, and Black series one shouldn't be that bad in price. Plus she might look nice with Samus figma even with that version (Girl in space suit power!).

Top Bottom