• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Secret Base photos

11951408_153230518349747_3217600703278271508_n.jpg

1908025_153230578349741_5842785436393341819_n.jpg

11259655_153230591683073_7581656807867029404_n.jpg

11947498_10153627934589265_4952123229459516179_n.jpg

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
EDIT: Duplicate post for some reason. I blame Force Friday hype.

Drayco21

Midnight Madness (my first one ever!) was the most fun I've ever had in this hobby; hit up the TRU, 2 Walmarts and a Meijer around my school, and had an absolute blast from start to finish. Phone is dead, but I'll post some figure pics and impressions tomorrow.

Only managed one Black Series figure (Kylo)- weirdly, TRU only had older 6" figures that they moved from clearance up with the rest... and bumped back up to full price again, because that shelf-warming Obi-Wan and Greedo are going to move so much faster now. Had to pass on the only Stormtrooper I found because the paint was really bad, and otherwise passed on Finn, Rey and Chewie because I'm not feeling those three figures yet. No sign of Wave 2; seemingly not out yet- still looking forward to Phasma.

Only 3 3/4" figures I picked up were Phasma and a Stormtrooper. Absolutely love how cool they look, even if I really do miss the knees, elbows and waist. Also, picked up a couple Mashers because the Marvel ones are so much better than I expected. Went with Jar Jar Binks and Darth Vader, because it would let me make Sith Lord Jar Jar, and it standing on my shelf menacingly next to Kylo Ren looks dumb, I grin like an idiot every time my eyes glance up at it.

It's been years since I last really cared about Star Wars collecting, but... it's good to be home.

Toys R Us was a bust for me. I was 30th in line and all the 6 inch figures were gone as soon as I got to the aisle. All I got were some Funko Pop figs

8TalDbB.jpg

My haul from last night and this morning. I was first in line this morning and some fucker ran ahead of me a snagged the only black series trooper.

LiK

Where can i buy play arts kai quiet.

sold out in most places. best chance is eBay, reseller on Amazon or a smaller online toy store and hope they sell her for MSRP. I managed to snag her from a reseller for a few bucks less than MSRP. now that the game is out, the resellers are scalping her to death.

It was really weird being at the Oxford Street Disney Store for Midnight Madness and not a Black Series in sight.

It was still so much fun, though. Got myself an Elite Finn figure, Funko POP Rey and die cast X-Wing. Both figures signed by their respective actors too... So they're never leaving their box :p

I hope the Figuarts Phasma goes up a little later rather than sooner... gotta make sure I can get it.

dankir

Yeah I'm so glad I didn't get into 1/6 Star Wars characters. I make good money but that linke with the MCU and DC characters I already collect I'd be bankrupt.

Good luck to all you guys :)

LiK

I have a few Medicom 1/6 SW figures before Hot Toys got the license. The only HT SW figure I have is Bespin Luke. Heard he fetches quite a lot now. I got the SS exclusive one too. Never bothered displaying it so I might sell him.

Fjordson

I caved and pre-ordered the Squad Leader also lol. I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan these days, but I do like that trooper design.

Also, I got figuarts Piccolo in last night. As usual with DBZ figuarts, it's great for the scale and price. Everything I've gotten from that line has been fantastic.

edit: holy shit @ that new Samurai Darth Vader! Lmfao, that death star symbol on his helmet. Amazing. Definitely getting that.

LiK

shit, preordered Big Boss from AmiAmi. BBTS actually sold out preorders for him. guess the game is gaining popularity.

Hagi

Hot damn Bandai is getting all my money pre ordered Kylo Ren and a First Order Trooper on AmiAmi then went back and added another Trooper because one just isn't enough.

Now to wait for Captain Phasma, these films are going to end me.

juOO8.gif

Zombine

Banned
For those who thought the orders were closed yesterday, Amiami definitely has the pre-order link up and running again. Probably gonna grab a second Stormtrooper like Hagi.

Wallet am cry :(

Hagi

Nope to all the Figuarts save Phasma. That'll probably be it for TFA figures.

Black Series look kinda crappy and I don't have the expendable cash to be buying Hot Toys so Figuarts is all I got. Maybe when I've seen the film and they show off the new TFA Luke Hot Toys I'll save for that.

I have a few Medicom 1/6 SW figures before Hot Toys got the license. The only HT SW figure I have is Bespin Luke. Heard he fetches quite a lot now. I got the SS exclusive one too. Never bothered displaying it so I might sell him.

I got my regluar Bespin Luke set last year for $300 shipped. I got a great deal from a FB group member and the exclusive head wasn't worth the extra money to me. Its an awesome set and the only DX set I own. If you sell it, you'll do well but if you're a big SW fan, you might rather keep it.

Damn, with the Force Friday hype locally, I was too distracted buying all the Black Series/Disney store die cast figures to pre-order the Figuarts.

Were Obi-Wan, Clone and Battle Droid put up on pre-order yesterday as well? I got Luke on eBay for retail price from a Japanese seller. Guess I'm doing the same for all these. Amiami and HLJ have halted pre orders. Even BBTS Sold out with their import mark up.

Any other Collector approved Japanese sites anyone would recommend with these in stock?

Replicant

So, I preordered SH Figuarts Scout Troopers + Scout Bike to add to my Vader/Storm Troopers/Maul trifecta.

D7wKrdd.jpg

Not sure if I want Kylo Ren and the new troopers just yet.....

Top Bottom