• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision Claims Vanguard's Install Size *AT LAUCH* will be 30-50% Smaller

Javthusiast

Banned
Season 7 Whatever GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

The we include microtransactions after the reviews strat.

You know this shit will grow to 150+ gigs in no time.

I wouldn't be surprised the old ass engine is one of the main culprits of why this series has ridiculous game sizes.
It’s not the engine, it’s them basically forcing players to have all of their microtransaction skin files downloaded on the system, so that in case you decide to spend you have access to it immediately. It’s stupid as hell and one of the main reason it takes up so much space.

Artistic

It’s not the engine, it’s them basically forcing players to have all of their microtransaction skin files downloaded on the system, so that in case you decide to spend you have access to it immediately. It’s stupid as hell and one of the main reason it takes up so much space.
I can't imagine skins taking up so much space.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Don’t let them fool you. After they release the content that’s missing on launch, it will be the same size as previous titles. Maybe larger.

elliot5

It’s a 60gb on Series S|X and PS4/5, but for some reason the Sony consoles require an additional reserved 30GB of memory.

dumb. maybe that's just to install the game bc of how PS does that duplicate copy thing. but after installation is final it only takes up 64.13 GB.

Still, it is larger than XSX even without that reserved space which is surprising

Riky

$MSFT
61gb for the Series file is good news, easily fit on my Storage card so I can move it between consoles.

Banjo64

cumsessed
dumb. maybe that's just to install the game bc of how PS does that duplicate copy thing. but after installation is final it only takes up 64.13 GB.

Still, it is larger than XSX even without that reserved space which is surprising
Yes that would make sense actually (y)

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
It’s a 60gb on Series S|X and PS4/5, but for some reason the Sony consoles require an additional reserved 30GB of memory.

Theoretically this is before removing campaign and zombies if you don't play those. If that feature to remove them will return. So could be smaller for just multi?

Top Bottom