Actual DotA 2 Screenshots

PasteyMF

Dec 6, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
If it is real, I can't imagine where that is on the map... Legion spawn? Where's the shop? I'm guessing it's old. :\

It looks like SF's soul collection skill has him glowing... maybe there's visual feedback on how many souls he's collected in game? At least, that would tie in with the character art just released.

Recon

Banned
Mar 27, 2008
Boston
While it does look fake(The UI looks horrible), it does look like the same art style they were going for. And thats definitely Sentinel(Legion) fountain.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Oct 10, 2006
Matches the blurry screen in the Thai interview.

Get hype for dat visual clarity.

It looks like the mid entrance to Legion. Although the position of the tower is definitely off.

Haly

Oct 10, 2006
Which blob are you talking about?

It's all green blobs!

Exuro

Jan 30, 2011
Halycon said:
Which blob are you talking about?

It's all green blobs!
I edited :p. The skills are green compared to SF's darker tones and they mixed with the healthbar when blurred looking like a giant green box/blob on the UI.

Haly

Oct 10, 2006
Exuro said:
I edited :p. The skills are green compared to SF's darker tones and they mixed with the healthbar when blurred looking like a giant green box/blob on the UI.
Yeah I was going to say those were probably skills for another hero.

I hope the UI is modable/scalable. It's already pretty minimalist but I wouldn't mind if I could remove some of the padding.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sep 1, 2006
-
UI looks like shit... other than that, good stuff!

Haly

Oct 10, 2006
Yoshichan said:
UI looks like shit... other than that, good stuff!
I think it's fine. It's not pretty but very serviceable, which is one of the WC3 engine's main strengths really.

Is it just me or is that camera zoomed out to near LoL levels?

PasteyMF

Dec 6, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Lol... Jinx. Love the art style, I'm sure the UI is more refined by now.

An ass is the courier. Look at the lower right.
Z x c v b n hotkeys for items. o:

NEED MORE. MOGZ.

Exuro

Jan 30, 2011
Yeah that art style is really nice. The UI just looks too minimal. There's two "boxes" that aren't even being used. I mean it's good to have something to split the areas up but those areas themselves look like they're saving space.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sep 1, 2006
-
Wow, second screenshot looks AMAZING.

Freakinchair

Sep 4, 2009
Halycon said:
I think it's fine. It's not pretty but very serviceable, which is one of the WC3 engine's main strengths really.

See, thats the problem, DOTA 2 is supposed to be DOTA - but nicer looking. If the game isn't alot prettier than DOTA then why bother? To be fair that screenshot does look nice (graphically). UI wise though I really would like more.

May 22, 2011
The water reflections from the trees in the second screenshot are definitely from a game running in Source. So yes, these are legit screenshots :)

Teknopathetic

Jun 6, 2004
I hope that's real, that looks really good. Need to see it in motion, but that looks like it would be really clean in motion.

delirium

Jun 23, 2006
If the cameria is more zoomed out it would make imbalanced. Certain heroes aren't balanced for having more vision.

delirium

Jun 23, 2006
Looks like auto attack damage is no longer randomize. I thought they promised no altercation to the gameplay?

walking fiend

Apr 13, 2011
to say the least, seems it won't make your eye bleed to tell actually what happens on the screen.

I hope it runs fine with hamster powered PCs of current dota players

questionmark

Jul 3, 2011
Bærum, Norway
walking fiend said:
to say the least, seems it won't make your eye bleed to tell actually what happens on the screen.

I hope it runs fine with hamster powered PCs of current dota players
I think Valve would want it to be as accessible as possible when it comes to hardware.

2th

Banned
Apr 21, 2008
Halycon said:

I like the camera being zoomed out.