• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Actual DotA 2 Screenshots

dorkimoe

Commanche Raisin Toast said:
never played dota or even know what it is.

.....can i play it singleplayer? destroy me if you need to. im just wanting to know what all the fuss is about. *noob smile*

Go home and download league of legends or heroes of newerth and get addicted

I want some real footage trailer not CGI trailer :mad:

AbortedWalrusFetus said:
I think you misunderstand me a bit. I don't want players to be able to see farther. I want the fog of war to stay. I want the viewable area of the screen to be bigger. Right now, when you see something on the minimap you go look at it right away. Once pudge shows up on the minimap, I've seen him and I am reacting. If you expanded the viewable area of the screen, I just wouldn't have to rely on the minimap or move my camera focus as much. I don't want to expand the vision of players or how far into the fog they can see more, I just want to be able to fit more stuff on screen. Anyone who is playing as Pudge/Devourer who shows up on someones vision is doing it wrong as it is. He should be in ambush and never seen until he gets his hook off. That's not going to change simply because the zoom is wider, as long as the sight radius of heroes doesn't change. Someone can literally be on the other side of a tree wall from you and you won't see them, even if you could zoom all the way out and fit the entire map on one screen. That's why I never understood why the zoom was locked as it was. Additionally, the larger field of view would make it easier for Pudge/Devourer to get his hook off because he'd be able view more of the path that his hook would take.

If anything, I think the sight radius on SOME heroes should be reduced. If they actually balanced the sight radius on the heroes, they wouldn't have to lock the zoom level to such low levels. My ideal would be so that I could have my one of each factions towers in mid on screen. It would just reduce what I feel is unnecessary micro overhead.

I agree with this man.

Artanisix

dn't have to rely on the minimap or move my camera focus as much. I don't want to expand the vision of players or how far into the fog they can see more, I just want to be able to fit more stuff on screen. Anyone who is playing as Pudge/Devourer who shows up on someones vision is doing it wrong as it is. He should be in ambush and never seen until he gets his hook off. That's not going to change simply because the zoom is wider, as long as the sight radius of heroes doesn't change.

Nah, I understand what you're saying, I just disagree. Pudges who show up in someone's vision are NOT doing things wrong. That isn't feasible a lot of the time. I can't count the number of times I'm caught up in a team battle, and there's a Sand King in vision but offscreen charging his ultimate and my team gets caught by it as he blinks in. Or how I'm playing Pudge at top tower, my team starts a battle at bot, I tp in and hook while technically in vision of the enemy but offscreen and land it because they couldn't see me coming, even if they could technically see me.

Small things like how much you can see at one time make a big difference.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
AbortedWalrusFetus said:
I think you misunderstand me a bit. I don't want players to be able to see farther. I want the fog of war to stay. I want the viewable area of the screen to be bigger. Right now, when you see something on the minimap you go look at it right away. Once pudge shows up on the minimap, I've seen him and I am reacting. If you expanded the viewable area of the screen, I just wouldn't have to rely on the minimap or move my camera focus as much. I don't want to expand the vision of players or how far into the fog they can see more, I just want to be able to fit more stuff on screen. Anyone who is playing as Pudge/Devourer who shows up on someones vision is doing it wrong as it is. He should be in ambush and never seen until he gets his hook off. That's not going to change simply because the zoom is wider, as long as the sight radius of heroes doesn't change. Someone can literally be on the other side of a tree wall from you and you won't see them, even if you could zoom all the way out and fit the entire map on one screen. That's why I never understood why the zoom was locked as it was. Additionally, the larger field of view would make it easier for Pudge/Devourer to get his hook off because he'd be able view more of the path that his hook would take.

If anything, I think the sight radius on SOME heroes should be reduced. If they actually balanced the sight radius on the heroes, they wouldn't have to lock the zoom level to such low levels. My ideal would be so that I could have my one of each factions towers in mid on screen. It would just reduce what I feel is unnecessary micro overhead.

This would make it easier to stay alive, a purely defensive change, making the game more farming oriented. Saying that a larger field of view would make it easier to hook is just wrong. Don't change what isn't broken, the field of view is fine.

With regard to the LoL screenshots sanjay posted, you LoL guys saying you know exactly what's going on, while us HoN guys don't proves our point, if anything. Those that can't distinguish abilities in team fights never took the time to learn the game.

Top Bottom