• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ad-hoc Party Beta thread (compatibility better than expected!)

Aru

Adhoc Party is a crashfest :/
Almost every time I try to write a message, it crashes.
And after leaving the lobby world, the screen stays white and I can't do a thing :/

Guilty Gear Judgment was terribly slow for me and RpgN, it wasn't really playable.
I hope Dissidia works better, even for people who aren't in the same country.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Funny, others are posting very positive impressions regarding their 4 player Phantasy Star Portable experiences. Could be a temporary issue?

Aru

Mejilan said:
Funny, others are posting very positive impressions regarding their 4 player Phantasy Star Portable experiences. Could be a temporary issue?

Well, maybe it's the game after all.

Teknoman

Strange, just hosted a Phantasy Star Portable game, and for some reason, people could join yet got dropped a few seconds later. Hosted a game just fine with Secretbonuspoint though. Wonder whats up with that. Same when we tried to join someone elses game.

EDIT:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159799

Seems like certain PSP models have a harder time synching with each other over ad-hoc party? Other people have had this problem.

robox

argh... having a hella crappy time on ad hoc party. i can't maintain a connection for longer that 10 minutes. the ad hoc connection would cut off, but adhoc party will still show that i'm in the room. doesn't matter if i joined or creatieda room. i've been told to punch a hole through port 9293 on my router... but if that's the trigger port, what's the usual data port?

Aru

r - b - x said:
argh... having a hella crappy time on ad hoc party. i can't maintain a connection for longer that 10 minutes. the ad hoc connection would cut off, but adhoc party will still show that i'm in the room. doesn't matter if i joined or creatieda room. i've been told to punch a hole through port 9293 on my router... but if that's the trigger port, what's the usual data port?

You should wait for the stable version.
Or at least the US/EU beta version.

I'm pretty sure it'll be announced at E3, because MH Unite is coming soon.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Aru said:

it's sad that this was not announced @ E3.

now since PSP is coming out with some awesome shit, it would be sex to have this released.

Ephemeris

Aru said:

Any info came out that I may have missed?

biocat

Ad-Hoc party with MHP 2nd G is a must. I love it.

I really hope SCEA gets their act together before MHF Unite drops.
2nd G(Unite) is really so much better than plain old 2nd (Freedom 2), and it would be a shame not to have that ability to play online.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
biocat said:
Ad-Hoc party with MHP 2nd G is a must. I love it.

I really hope SCEA gets their act together before MHF Unite drops.
2nd G(Unite) is really so much better than plain old 2nd (Freedom 2), and it would be a shame not to have that ability to play online.

it's like I see no reason why this hasn't came stateside.

shit, they could really help some sales of the psp

g35twinturbo said:
it's like I see no reason why this hasn't came stateside.

shit, they could really help some sales of the psp

It'd be hard to sell the PSP alone with Ad Hoc Party, but selling the PS3+PSP combo (despite the network setup required to take advantage of this service) could be doable. Shame nobody asked Sony guys about it.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
It'd be hard to sell the PSP alone with Ad Hoc Party, but selling the PS3+PSP combo (despite the network setup required to take advantage of this service) could be doable. Shame nobody asked Sony guys about it.

I'm not saying this is a saving grace but it is a nice feature a really nice feature.

I was telling some friends about this @ work and they had no idea it existed.

I was hesitant and a little doubtful that this works as well as it does...but I hopped onto my Monster Hunter-loving brother and played some Unite demo ad-hoc SEAMLESSLY. It works so slick!! Can't believe there was no mention at e3.

Teknoman

TheMissingLink said:
I was hesitant and a little doubtful that this works as well as it does...but I hopped onto my Monster Hunter-loving brother and played some Unite demo ad-hoc SEAMLESSLY. It works so slick!! Can't believe there was no mention at e3.

Seriously. I thought something would be announced with the new go...but MHF:U is releasing next week and nothing. Either way, im still getting it and will use the JP ad-hoc party.

B.K.

Looks like Sony may finally be getting ready to release Ad-Hoc Party in America.

984uwy.png

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/07/17/adhoc-party-finally-coming-to-north-america/

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4004:44nnjv.2.1

dablemont

Banned
Sorry I'm reviving this topic, but I wonder if someone could help out? I'm trying to play GT PSP using this program, but for whatever reason it doesn't recognize my PSP (2000, most recent firmware 6. something I believe). I do have everything set up accordingly, wired connection and etc. But it just doesn't see my PSP. Any ideas?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
dablemont said:
Sorry I'm reviving this topic, but I wonder if someone could help out? I'm trying to play GT PSP using this program, but for whatever reason it doesn't recognize my PSP (2000, most recent firmware 6. something I believe). I do have everything set up accordingly, wired connection and etc. But it just doesn't see my PSP. Any ideas?

... Did you Google around or read the tutorial post here?

If you have a wired connection and done everything up to this point:

1) Wired connection set-up
2) Boot up Ad-hoc Party
3) Go to third menu option. It'll look for your PSP. Turn game of your choice on on the PSP, go into mutliplayer, start looking/hosting a game. PS3 WILL FIND YOUR PSP AND SHOW IT'S NICKNAME? Press X (not CIRCLE) to back out and go to the first option, go to a World/Slot/Room of your choice.

If you haven't been to the third option then you obviously won't be able to play Ad-hoc Party. I think that's what you're doing wrong if it can't see your PSP.

If the PS3 has seen your PS3, then a matter of:

4) Set-up/join room
5) GT4:port->Multiplayer->Race/Trade/Share->Join/Host->Garage number for players to join->????
6) GAME ON!

dablemont

Banned
TheSeks said:

2) Boot up Ad-hoc Party
3) Go to third menu option. It'll look for your PSP. Turn game of your choice on on the PSP, go into mutliplayer, start looking/hosting a game. PS3 WILL FIND YOUR PSP AND SHOW IT'S NICKNAME? Press X (not CIRCLE) to back out and go to the first option, go to a World/Slot/Room of your choice.

If you haven't been to the third option then you obviously won't be able to play Ad-hoc Party. I think that's what you're doing wrong if it can't see your PSP.

4) Set-up/join room
5) GT4:port->Multiplayer->Race/Trade/Share->Join/Host->Garage number for players to join->????
6) GAME ON!

You see, I do go to the third option, and it shows it is "looking" for my PSP, but it never ends.... it just keeps on that screen ....
When I do go online regardless of that PSP third option functioning, my two friends join me, but then their psp get "connection failed". I tried them hosting, but then I get connection failed message.

Ephemeris

TheSeks said:

2) Boot up Ad-hoc Party

4) Set-up/join room
6) GAME ON!

Spent the last couple hours playing Peacewalker and GT. I had no issues logging in, but a friend of mine did. If I recall correctly, Before Step 3, go to the first option and keep hitting next until you're at the world map then head back out and then proceed to the third option.

He himself used Adhoc with me before on his 1000. With his GO, he had issues until he did the above. Maybe something changed?

In any case, the reason I'm on is to see if there's any interest in some GT adhoc-ness.

I'm in world J, lobby 51.

edit:
Japanese Account Name: xenostryfe

dablemont

Banned
Ephemeris said:
Spent the last couple hours playing Peacewalker and GT. I had no issues logging in, but a friend of mine did. If I recall correctly, Before Step 3, go to the first option and keep hitting next until you're at the world map then head back out and then proceed to the third option.

He himself used Adhoc with me before on his 1000. With his GO, he had issues until he did the above. Maybe something changed?

In any case, the reason I'm on is to see if there's any interest in some GT adhoc-ness.

I'm gonna try this and see if you are there then. Maybe it will work this time :lol

dablemont

Banned
Meh, it is doing the same thing! It is a little late here so I'm gonna try it again tomorrow or something. But yeah, my main problem is that the third option does not recognize my psp. So when I go to the first and join the lobbies and such, I see the half garage open, but when I try to join it, it says "connection failed". What bummer! Oh well... XD

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
dablemont said:
Meh, it is doing the same thing! It is a little late here so I'm gonna try it again tomorrow or something. But yeah, my main problem is that the third option does not recognize my psp. So when I go to the first and join the lobbies and such, I see the half garage open, but when I try to join it, it says "connection failed". What bummer! Oh well... XD
Sometimes pairing (the 3rd option down) is weird, try hosting your own garage to make it to see your psp.

Ephemeris

dablemont said:

That may be our fault, if you're referring to the room I was in. :lol Some guy had got d/c and garage 1 hasn't been the same since. LoL

RuGalz

You don't need to do the third option in title screen before going into a room. It's meant for searching the server for an open game of what you want to play.

Easiest way is to simply create a room, join and start a game on the PSP.

Teknoman

Ephemeris said:

edit:
Japanese Account Name: xenostryfe

You can use your normal account as long as you have Adhoc party installed.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Teknoman said:
You can use your normal account as long as you have Adhoc party installed.
So I can retire AznNoz the angry chinese communist?

Phreak47

Yup, tried it out with Gran Turismo last night. Had a couple of disconnects and weird issues like being unable to join rooms but managed to do a couple of races.

The app itself is a little daunting at first, until you realize the end goal is to just create or join a 4 person room where people want to play the game you want. Once you're in there together, you can all go to your PSPs and find each other in whatever games' adhoc mode you are trying.

Another nice feature is that you can first put your selected game into adhoc mode (become a host), then let the PS3 search and find it. Then you are presented with a list of existing rooms with the same game that you can attempt to join directly.

It's nice that you can also voice chat while playing, although for my initial try with this I didn't bother getting my headset out.

It also doesn't seem to matter if you have CFW. It doesn't seem that the PS3 and/or PSN is checking the PSP firmware over WiFi.

Phreak47

I just thought of something... I suppose, theoretically, games that support the "game sharing" feature would also work over this? That is, if we are truly emulating an ad-hoc environment. Hell, even homebrew apps like PSP filer should technically be able to do ad-hoc file transfers over the internet. Just geeky thoughts.

With search gone, this is the only Adhoc Party thread I could find, even though I know theres been a western release one somewhere. Oh well, heres my question:

Since I've had to format my PS3, thus losing all downloads, just about to reinstall Adhoc Party when I remembered I never did get an answer as to whether the US Adhoc Party download and the EU Adhoc Party download have linked servers, or if theyre entirely separate, meaning I'd need both to play with US friends and EU friends on it?

duckroll said:
Okay, BAD NEWS. You CANNOT use a wireless connection with Ad-hoc Party.

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!

This may be enough to get me to buy a new router, how pathic is it that I have 4 ports on the router hooked up to my TV and they are all used....

duckroll

SecretBonusPoint said:
With search gone, this is the only Adhoc Party thread I could find, even though I know theres been a western release one somewhere. Oh well, heres my question:

Since I've had to format my PS3, thus losing all downloads, just about to reinstall Adhoc Party when I remembered I never did get an answer as to whether the US Adhoc Party download and the EU Adhoc Party download have linked servers, or if theyre entirely separate, meaning I'd need both to play with US friends and EU friends on it?

I suspect they're all separate. The English Asian Ad-hoc Party does not seem to share servers with the US Ad-hoc Party, and neither share servers with the JP Ad-Hoc Party. I have all 3 installed and they don't seem to be compatible with each other.

duckroll said:
I suspect they're all separate. The English Asian Ad-hoc Party does not seem to share servers with the US Ad-hoc Party, and neither share servers with the JP Ad-Hoc Party. I have all 3 installed and they don't seem to be compatible with each other.

Egh, thats annoying since you can't rename apps/games without slipping stuff into folders.

Top Bottom