• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Boyes Confirms: Call of Duty: Ghosts is Native 1080p on PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iacobellis

This getting ridiculous, something is going on behind the scenes and no one wants to break the news. If it's with Microsoft having worse multiplats, we will all know soon, all this secrecy with third party games on both consoles is pissing me off.

We will most likely know by the end of the month once cross-gen reviews start coming out.

Iacobellis

Not sure if this is what Gies, Dent, and Sessler were referring to, but..

I could be wrong. Brian seems to be very biased to Sony.

iUK4MKeyIBkNl.png

Mr.Speedy

Banned
Xbox One. As far as we know Sony hasn't touched the specs of the PS4 since they were set in February.

Oh ok I got really worried it was the ps4 for some reason. I should know better lol.

Not sure if this is what Gies, Dent, and Sessler were referring to, but..

I could be wrong. Brian seems to be very biased to Sony.

iUK4MKeyIBkNl.png

My gosh I can't believe Microsoft would do anything else to push away indies. Unbelievable.

demolitio

Man, I wish console launches happened more than every 6-8 years. Following this stuff is too much fun.

Yeah, to me it sounds like something they are making a choice on, not some OS, hardware or performance issue that has sprung up.

Part of it is fun but I would love to get back to a less stressful conversation on forums without it automatically being another shot fire in the console wars. There will always be arguments about the different consoles and I'm sure the next few years will provide plenty of them, but it won't nearly be as bad as it is now all over the internet and GAF is one of the few places where I can at least expect more logical discussions since nonsense doesn't last here.

I do love the hype of new consoles though. There's something about it that makes it all feel like I'm a kid waiting until Christmas morning which makes me feel quite the nerdy individual at my age, but it's true. :D

Iacobellis

Yeah, if something went wrong, we'd have heard about it by now. Maybe only he personally was slighted about something?

Probably. Most tweets I see from him either praise Sony or degrade Microsoft, specifically the Xbox One. I understand he and Blow got shafted by Microsoft, but still. Enough is enough.

Amir0x

Banned
Can people just never talk about Gies again? I feel like even in the off chance he is remotely right about anything in his life, mentioning his name is like some ancient forbidden curse, an evil totem hanging over any thread upon which it is uttered. Nothing good can ever come once it is whispered into the darkness of neoGAF Dark theme.

Thanks for the update. Any word on what went down with indies?

No... but Brian hates Microsoft. He, like a few other indies, think that Microsoft treated them like shit and that valve/sony/nintendo are nicer. His tweets are typically anti-microsoft. I wouldn't read anything into it... and I don't know that microsoft owes anyone an apology other than their shareholders for being so dumb when it comes to indies.

viveks86

Whoa! What's this news about indies??? I'm guessing it's confidential at this point. I'm sure Brian would let it all out on twitter if it's not.

Massa

Yeah, if something went wrong, we'd have heard about it by now. Maybe only he personally was slighted about something?

He wasn't given a release window for his game on XBLA for months after it was ready, when they finally did it was like the worst release date possible (first week of the year or something).

Mr.Speedy

Banned
No... but Brian hates Microsoft. He, like a few other indies, think that Microsoft treated them like shit and that valve/sony/nintendo are nicer. His tweets are typically anti-microsoft. I wouldn't read anything into it... and I don't know that microsoft owes anyone an apology other than their shareholders for being so dumb when it comes to indies.

Haha ok cool thanks.

Sounds like the event was a success and he is still bitter about the past and wants an apology.

dugdug

Banned
Pretty sure Brian is just referring to the way indies were treated during the 360 lifespan. As in that's what he's wanting the apology for.

demolitio

Can people just never talk about Gies again? I feel like even in the off chance he is remotely right about anything in his life, mentioning his name is like some ancient forbidden curse, an evil totem hanging over any thread upon which it is uttered. Nothing good can ever come once it is whispered into the darkness of neoGAF Dark theme.

I've been saying this as well but I think we're in the minority. All people do is give them the attention he craves and keep him going instead of ignoring him and stop giving credence to everything he says. I don't dislike many people in this industry, but anyone like him instantly gets on that list for the disrespect and sheer arrogance even over his most outlandish claims.

It'd be one thing if his comments were humorous in nature, but they're more annoying than anything else. I'm not saying he never has anything useful or important to say, but most of the time, it's just bait or nonsense that doesn't warrant attention.

No... but Brian hates Microsoft. He, like a few other indies, think that Microsoft treated them like shit and that valve/sony/nintendo are nicer. His tweets are typically anti-microsoft. I wouldn't read anything into it... and I don't know that microsoft owes anyone an apology other than their share holders for being so dumb when it comes to indies.

No indies until 2014. I don't understand what MS was thinking. I don't even know what to say really. Doesn't anyone else find it just baffling that there are 0 indies at launch for the XB1?

viveks86

If that were the case, he wouldn't refer to indies on XBLA. There must be some policy change that affects that group. Obviously Brian's reaction would be more negative than others, but I'm curious to know what it is.

Iacobellis

No indies until 2014. I don't understand what MS was thinking. I don't even know what to say really. Doesn't anyone else find it just baffling that there are 0 indies at launch for the XB1?

It's a terrible move, but it makes sense seeing as how ID@Xbox is in its infancy.

What baffles me is that Minecraft will be on PS4 day one, but not on XB1 until next year.

I don't really want to continue carrying this tangent, but it's hard not to look at MS and think of how much indies are an after thought for them.

Sony is taking major strides in South America in helping indie devs get games on playstation platforms. As far as I know, MS doesn't have anything equivalent. Heck, their North American Indie Program for X1 just started.

If that were the case, he wouldn't refer to indies on XBLA. There must be some policy change that affects that group. Obviously Brian's reaction would be more negative than others, but I'm curious to know what it is.

I don't think it's anything. He followed up on the tweets. Sounds like the event was well received and he's still dwelling on the past.

Radec

He should be ********-banned here.

viveks86

I don't think it's anything. He followed up on the tweets. Sounds like the event was well received and he's still dwelling on the past.

LOL! You are right!

Brian Provinciano ‏@BriProv 6m
@crackervizzo Their indie developer event today would've been the perfect opportunity to do so.
9:55 PM - 25 Oct 13 · Details

He is referring to an apology for past deeds. False alarm people! Nothing to see here... :D

I think the earlier tweet I posted by kevin dent likely was the review embargo or something similar

Could be MS preventing game capture of XB1 games so that multiplats can't be compared but again it's all speculation at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom