• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Demo for Unity released (downloadable)

Unity puts out these graphics tech demos sometimes, but I've never seen anyone manage to make a seriously graphically impressive Unity 3D game.

I certainly struggled to make anything that looked good when I was tinkering with the engine last year..
Inside is technically 3D, and is just layered with complex visual effects
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fyshi_vr9U

Also Warshift, Ghost of a Tale, PAMELA, Vane and others
TinyCalmGar.gif
screenshot_update_vignette2-11.jpg

pamela_minimap_0.jpg
vanescreenshot_28_0.png

Parsnip

Anyone have a mirror for the executable? The google drive link they have up on their blog has exceeded quota.

Pjsprojects

My AMD system ran this pretty well at 1080p.

8350 @4.2 six cores around 55% and the other two only get used from time to time.
R9-290x no overclock
Noticed nearly 11gb ram used

Steady 29.9fps (bit of an odd number) twice dropped to 28fps ran twice at fantastic setting.

Runs at a near lock on 30FPS @ 1440p for me. Fantastic setting.
There's the occasional short dips to 29, and when the two people show up at the end I could make out a couple brief dips to 28 using FRAPS. Looks very smooth all in all.

AMD Radeon RX 480, stock
Intel i7 6700 @ 4.4Ghz max

With the release of part 2 recently I downloaded this demo to try on my computer and holy shit. This is what PC game could look like if there was a profitable enough market in the super high end user space. Strange though from the reports on this thread that i'm dipping into 20fps in this scene, my gtx1080 i7-7700k should handle it better I think. My gpu/cpu usage seems low.

RPJnUQ8.jpg

Top Bottom